silverado427

Price of gas

2 minutes ago, H2oVento said:

I have to put 93 Oct in my car I don't even look. I haven't seen under $4.00 in when seems like forever

I use 93 octane in my car. $3.79/gallon this morning in central Texas.

Apologies or a reminder if this was already mentioned. Wawa will give you 15 cents off per gallon if you pay using their app. This is not a permanent discount, though.  It seems they run the promotion a few times a year and it lasts 1-2 months each time. You do not need a Wawa credit card. You install the app on phone, create an account and link a credit card of your choice to the app. 

• Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Hey Joe! Strategic doesn't mean what you think it means.

What he's doing is strategic, just not part of any strategy that's good for America.  I don't know how all this fits in yet, but the Dems are setting themselves up to be a major oil buyer.  They have to replenish the SOR, and are planning a huge bulk buy when the price drops to $70/bbl.  

What's happening here isn't the dems panicking and dipping into the reserves.  They want the well to be empty for some future bamboozle they are planning.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Hey Joe! Strategic doesn't mean what you think it means.

The whole idea of the Strategic Reserve should be scrapped.

Just gives Biden and future corrupt presidents a tool to manipulate energy markets in their favor.  

22 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

What he's doing is strategic, just not part of any strategy that's good for America.  I don't know how all this fits in yet, but the Dems are setting themselves up to be a major oil buyer.  They have to replenish the SOR, and are planning a huge bulk buy when the price drops to $70/bbl.  

What's happening here isn't the dems panicking and dipping into the reserves.  They want the well to be empty for some future bamboozle they are planning.

21 days until the election.  You tell me what "they" are doing.

4 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

21 days until the election.  You tell me what "they" are doing.

There is definitely political price fixing going on.  However, the state of the oil reserve has implications beyond prices at the pump.  The demoncrats are working another angle.  What it is, I have no idea.

• Agree 1

Today on Fox Business Charles Payne pointed out the level of distillate stocks is down to the lowest level since 1951. When we were a much smaller country.

The inference appeared to be that those distillates were primarily related to diesel production. Will it be $200 diesel?

$200 Diesel Puts Biden in an Ugly Corner - The Washington Post

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

What's happening here isn't the dems panicking 

I heard that phrase a lot but I don't believe dems ever really panic.

Why? Because they know republicans won't have the guts or desire to seriously rollback, defund or repeal much of anything they've done and they'll be back in power eventually through the magic of open borders third world immigration and pick up right where they left off.

They might even get lucky and have a major recession or fiscal crisis blow up during a republican controlled congress and/or administration.

Sometimes I ask myself, Why am I doing this?, live in northern NJ and work in NY, for half a tank I pay average $35 and I have to fill my tank about twice a week. Not a fancy car, just a Honda Civic.

Vote wisely.

FJB.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NJ_Dude said:

Sometimes I ask myself, Why am I doing this?, live in northern NJ and work in NY, for half a tank I pay average $35 and I have to fill my tank about twice a week. Not a fancy car, just a Honda Civic

that reminds me about the story Ed Henry talked about this morning. I know most here have no use for the NFL but Ed said Tyreek Hill (one of the great NFL receivers) was going to sign the NJ Jets but when he realized he's get killed with NY/NJ taxes he opted for Miami instead LOL. I know NFL players make more in a season then I'll ever see in a lifetime but I can't blame him  https://nypost.com/2022/10/03/tyreek-hill-picked-dolphins-over-jets-due-to-state-taxes/ anyhow  we're at $3.57 currently and it took $44 to fill a Toyota yesterday. FJB and f**k  $3.50  gas, give us back the mean tweets and $2.00 gas.

• Agree 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, Bomber said:

The whole idea of the Strategic Reserve should be scrapped.

Just gives Biden and future corrupt presidents a tool to manipulate energy markets in their favor.  

I disagree. The SPR was established in the 70s when gas went up about 50%.  Yes, I know nothing compared to the increases we've had since January 2021. The intent was to provide approximately 30 days of oil supply for the US.  It proved helpful when gas went up again after the fall of the Shah in Iran, 1979-80

Sleepy Joe's plan will diminish the SPR to about 2 days.  We will be at the mercy of whatever OPEC dictates.  Keep in mind we use about 20 million barrels a day.  Only about a half is uses for fuel.  The other half is used for plastics, drugs, and other uses.   Lack of crude causes shortages in other things besides fuel.

The SPR was not created to be used as tool of a political party.  Biden is using it as such.  He's not going to manipulate markets with the SPR. A million barrels a day is only 5% of what we use. But Joe can say he's doing something.  He wants the oil companies to increase production. With what? Foreign oil?  The solution to gas prices is under our feet and off our shores.  However, the current administration won't let the problem be solved.  They blame it on Putin although oil prices have gone up steadily since January 2021.

$5 a gallon will be back by Election Day.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, GRIZ said:

MI disagree. The SPR was established in the 70s when gas went up about 50%.  Yes, I know nothing compared to the increases we've had since January 2021. The intent was to provide approximately 30 days of oil supply for the US.  It proved helpful when gas went up again after the fall of the Shah in Iran, 1979-80

Sleepy Joe's plan will diminish the SPR to about 2 days.  We will be at the mercy of whatever OPEC dictates.  Keep in mind we use about 20 million barrels a day.  Only about a half is uses for fuel.  The other half is used for plastics, drugs, and other uses.   Lack of crude causes shortages in other things besides fuel.

The SPR was not created to be used as tool of a political party.  Biden is using it as such.  He's not going to manipulate markets with the SPR. A million barrels a day is only 5% of what we use. But Joe can say he's doing something.  He wants the oil companies to increase production. With what? Foreign oil?  The solution to gas prices is under our feet and off our shores.  However, the current administration won't let the problem be solved.  They blame it on Putin although oil prices have gone up steadily since January 2021.

$5 a gallon will be back by Election Day.

Spot on.