silverado427

Price of gas

On 7/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, 45Doll said:

Here's California's answer to a diesel fuel shortage: take 70,000 independent truckers off the road. LOL

Here is the latest incomprehensible plan cooked up by the Biden administration:

Biden administration proposes removal of four major hydroelectric dams

So Biden is committed to ending our dependence on fossil fuels and converting us over to an all-electric economy.   He acts like he is trying to do this by the end of the year, so abrupt are his policy changes.

But, the big hydroelectric dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers interfere with salmon migration.  That's absolutely true, relatively few salmon make it past the fish ladders and big oxygen-poor reservoirs above the dams.  I'd love to see the salmon runs restored; my home turf is upstream from those dams.  But the dams (and locks) also make it possible for ocean-going vessels to make it all the way upriver to Lewiston, Idaho, an actual seaport, 465 river miles from the Pacific ocean.   From Lewiston, vast quantities of wheat, timber, and other agricultural products are shipped from producers in northern Idaho and eastern Washington.  

Estimates of the cost to replace the (cheap, and relatively green) hydro power generated by those dams range from $11 Billion to $34 Billion dollars, with the various proposals never actually addressing how that lost electricity would be generated.  

But the administration does have a plan for moving the 800,000 tons/year of products that could no longer be moved by ship and barge.

Diesel trucks and locomotives.

• FacePalm 3

35 minutes ago, 10X said:

Here is the latest incomprehensible plan cooked up by the Biden administration:

Biden administration proposes removal of four major hydroelectric dams

So Biden is committed to ending our dependence on fossil fuels and converting us over to an all-electric economy.   He acts like he is trying to do this by the end of the year, so abrupt are his policy changes.

But, the big hydroelectric dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers interfere with salmon migration.  That's absolutely true, relatively few salmon make it past the fish ladders and big oxygen-poor reservoirs above the dams.  I'd love to see the salmon runs restored; my home turf is upstream from those dams.  But the dams (and locks) also make it possible for ocean-going vessels to make it all the way upriver to Lewiston, Idaho, an actual seaport, 465 river miles from the Pacific ocean.   From Lewiston, vast quantities of wheat, timber, and other agricultural products are shipped from producers in northern Idaho and eastern Washington.  

Estimates of the cost to replace the (cheap, and relatively green) hydro power generated by those dams range from $11 Billion to $34 Billion dollars, with the various proposals never actually addressing how that lost electricity would be generated.  

But the administration does have a plan for moving the 800,000 tons/year of products that could no longer be moved by ship and barge.

Diesel trucks and locomotives.

Biden's energy plans are like a circle jerk with no happy ending:wacko:

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2022 at 11:49 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

You are exactly correct! Home heating oil shortages is what I've been worried about for a few weeks now. As a result, I'm checking out firewood prices currently & will be ordering some in the early part of the summer. I have a woodburning stove that I don't use all that often, but I have a bad feeling that I might need to run it with some regularity this coming winter & I would prefer to buy the wood NOW rather than waiting until fall/early winter (when it will in all likelihood be even more scarce/costly). I imagine anyone with a woodburning stove or fireplace will also be buying more firewood this year. I agree, it's not at all "green" to burn wood... but hey, who can blame a homeowner for keeping that option on the table under the circumstances?

The current "energy policy" (or lack thereof) is so ill-planned, it's mind-boggling. So, people really need to be ready for the worst. Shortages certainly, but possibly even more hacking attacks on utility companies. At this point, when it comes to the basics (like having heat in winter), I want back-ups to my back-ups... and after that... even more back-ups:facepalm: 

Prices are up for sure on firewood. My $210 per cord was just $300!!! 

• Sad 2

And oddly, after decrying how bad nuclear, and coal energy is, Germany makes plans to extend the life of nuke plants, and restart coal fired electric plants. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/gas-crisis-prompts-germany-consider-extending-life-three-remaining-nuclear-2022-07-18/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/19/world/europe/germany-russia-gas.html

Why???? Isn’t all that green energy supplying enough power? Lol

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Biden will declare victory for dropping fuel prices, no doubt. 

Realistically, a lot of people are canceling summer travel because they can't afford the gas or the inflation spending. Almost a 10% drop in demand from last year. 

Makes sense right, Trump filled the reserves up at $30 a barrel so if/when this clown show ever replaces the reserves it will be north of a $100 a barrel. I guess it don’t matter when you’re spending the taxpayers money. The reserves weren’t meant to leverage prices, the reserves are intended for real emergency use,  not the biden self-manufactured fake Putin emergency. 

47 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

From the article: “The Biden administration has been pressuring the oil industry to increase output as surging inflation and historic gas prices continues to make life miserable for millions of Americans still struggling financially from the pandemic.“

I found this humorous. The Biden administration has done nothing but impede the US oil/gas industry from drilling, and producing. He’s been begging the Saudis, and other ME countries to increase production, but what about domestic producers, Joe? We have plenty here! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

They are trying to swing the midterms. They are saying "See the gas is falling!" What they don't tell you is inflation is about 20%, Gas will be back up 12-1-22.  Home purchase interest rates are climbing FAST! Home sales are falling FAST! and Home prices are falling FAST!  The idiot dimocrap voter will still vote blue. They are already spending the 10K+ that bidumb says he will buy their vote with student loan kickback. Just another 1/2 Trillion to ad to the inflation!!

• Agree 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, High Exposure said:

I spent the last 2 weeks in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho. We were paying between $4.65 - $4.99 a gallon out there.

"Why you come back?"

Calavera, The Magnificent Seven