Sign in to follow this  
MrAceJD

Galil Ace 2 - New Jersey compliance work

Interested in buying a Galil Ace 2.  For New Jersey, as I believe the Galil Ace 2 is legal in NJ provided all the compliance work is performed, does anyone know how they "fix" the folding stock on the Galil so that it can't "fold."   I know how the stock is pinned, as it's just a standard AR stock, but I am trying to understand how they actually fix the "folding" aspect of it.

Does anyone on the forum, living in NJ, own a Galil Ace 2 who can comment?  Thanks!

Well...  I guess that's that.   I called Shooters in LEH and they said it's banned by name.   I was hopeful because I saw on some other sites that folks believed it to not be banned because it was branded as an "Ace" but Shooters says all Galils are banned (not just the original Galil), full stop.   

Wifey will be happy that the money isn't being spent!   

5 minutes ago, MrAceJD said:

Well...  I guess that's that.   I called Shooters in LEH and they said it's banned by name.   I was hopeful because I saw on some other sites that folks believed it to not be banned because it was branded as an "Ace" but Shooters says all Galils are banned (not just the original Galil), full stop.   

Wifey will be happy that the money isn't being spent!   

There must also be a lot of liars out there...  Several folks on another forum claimed to have owned them in NJ and said their FFLs did the compliance work.   I don't get it...

20 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

I would ask a few different FFLs. They all have different answers.

Also, DO NOT relied on a gun forum for legal advice.

Of course... I called another FFL and they said the Galil ACE 2 is fine (provided it's modified).    

Also. If you do get a ffl to accept it and modify it.  I would have them fully explain why and how it is legal.   Because in the end.  You are wholly responsible for its ownership if its not legal.  I wanted to buy one years ago at tanners in pa.  They wouldn’t ship it to nj because on the no no list its lasted as galil type.  Now. What that exactly means.  I am not exactly sure.  Good luck.  Keep us informed how it goes. 

8 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Also. If you do get a ffl to accept it and modify it.  I would have them fully explain why and how it is legal.   Because in the end.  You are wholly responsible for its ownership if its not legal.  I wanted to buy one years ago at tanners in pa.  They wouldn’t ship it to nj because on the no no list its lasted as galil type.  Now. What that exactly means.  I am not exactly sure.  Good luck.  Keep us informed how it goes. 

Sage advice...   I haven't made any purchase yet.  I am still trying to confirm what I am being told (which is that the Galil Ace 2 is not the same as what was specifically intended by "Galil Type" - the Galil Ace 2 is a completely different firearm, similar to the Colt AR-15 like variants that are not AR-15s) but I will admit I am still trying to do my homework and in the end it's not that important to have, but I was excited about the prospect of being able to own one.