70gto

ACTUALLY MAY HAVE GOTTEN SCAMMED-- Berretta M2 12ga new

AN FFL to be named later or a guy posing as an ffl sent me a copy of his ffl license and DL> Payment was made , promised to ship days ago. No reposnse to texts etc. x 2 days He said his friends saw my ad on this website. I work and save hard for my stuff. I have 3 kids and every penny counts especially being disabled. 1350 dollars gone. I am actually mad at myself for this. I saved for a year for a benelli m2 to try and compete. Usually all my money goes to my kids , IM screwed on this one.  Shoot by the time I am in a position to get another I dont know which side of the ground I may be on , Standing on it or under it thanks to some toxic crap I was exposed to. Im done thanks for listening.

Its bad enough to steal from people, a father of 3 daughters, served my community with pride and commendations received. I served at and have gotten really really sick from doing my volunteer duty at the world trade center site. I Helped anyone and everyone wo expecting any thanks my entire working career, this is not what should happen. I know Im on a rant but this one got me good. 

what i know. DL AND FFL LICENSE ARE REAL

I have email phone numbers to personal accts.

What I dont know, could these ID's and license be stolen? 

SH&T happens I know but no simple text response is a no no to me after a few days

So I sent text stating to please respond or i have to file reports to protect myself, I think he is a pawn shop with a curio and collectors ffl. 

Report to Better business bureau, ATF, STATE POLICE. allegedly in Attelboro Mass. state. BANK FRAUD SCAM I think is FBI? Anyway id this person is truly a scammer I will be happy to release any and all info so that you my brothers wont also be hurt. I know he may read this post, so any I told  you so or oh yeah your screwed post send to my DM box, any helpful post Im all ears.

FFL's as a rule how long after payment do you ship is there s hard and fast rule. Also Please DM me that . I dont want to give anyone reading this any ideas.

Also Anyone in the know is there a special phone number to get thru the ATF's red tape phone line to lodge a complaint?

Two days isn't a lot of time.  But he SHOULD have returned a text.  But then texts are easy to forget about.  Especially if getting A LOT of them from different people.  But stuff does happen.  He could have health issue and be in hospital?

Have you tried calling his business number or land line to get a hold of someone else to inquire?  If he runs a pawn shop there are probably other employees I would assume.

I would give it through the weekend.  Leave a courteous voice-mail on cell saying you are just touching base and wondering when you can expect shipping confirmation.  If no answer try land line at place of business..

If no reply or update by Monday call and leave VM calmly stating you are canceling the order.  Hopefully you paid via credit card or some form of payment you can cancel.

Then notify the proper authorities and out him here and anywhere else.

Unfortunately scammers are EVERYWHERE these days.  And anything can be faked.  Fake websites that look legit, fake DL, fake FFL paperwork etc.  

Hopefully he's just bad at getting back to people and really busy.  I've heard crazier stories.  

Keep us updated and hopefully it all works out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

What kind of communication was there previously?

Was it all by text?  If so, what were the initial responses like?

If the guy has gone radio silent as soon as he got your money then it sounds like he's scamming you.

I'd try every method of communication possible to get in touch with the guy immediately (phone call, text, e-mail, letter, Facebook message, etc, etc).

Attelboro Mass. i only 3 1/2 hours away, so maybe get up early in the morning and drive up and do some sightseeing and pay him a visit. 

If there's still zero communication then contact everyone you mention above.

17 hours ago, 70gto said:

He said his friends saw my ad on this website.

That was the red flag that got ignored.

Here's an example of a common and frequent scam right here on njgf, just one example of many I've rec'd in PM over the years.  I put asterisks in pace of the email address.

Contact Jerry in Ohio he has #8 or #7.5 Lead Shot for sale jer*********@gmail.com

The forum admins/mods should be able to track the scammers IP address to a general location.  If the IP of the place you sent money is in Florida or Pakistan, you definitely have a problem.

Never EVER send money to anyone that does not have at least ten meaningful posts.

• Agree 5

update the POS actually texted me and told me scammed me . Details DL FFL and Carry permits photos were all real, he stole an ffls info, and hacked another innocent victims paypal acct to do this scam, This guy hurt 3 people in one shot

• Sad 1

Pretty much every thread I've posted on this site about wanting or looking for a particular weapon etc I have received those same PMs.  This is why I've never done any online deals. I don't trust anyone. 

Sorry to read about your experience. Damn that sucks. 

• Agree 1

Yup made police report and made sure ffl was contacted as well as thevwoman whos paypal acct was hacked

Yes this one hurt alot. Mf actually called me asking why I contacted PayPal to make a report he wasn't done yet screwing with the woman's acct. Intold him i would call him back he said ok. Omfg

• Like 1

No fear at all, called me to chastise me for reporting this then told me to go and request money back from the womans paypal acct, and that he would hack back into her acct and give me 200 back. I said no or else he will steal more from this woman. This makes my head hurt.  Fact is there should be a more secure way for an ffl to ffl info transfer. He had the ffl licence, his DL, passport card and carry permit photos front and back. presented to me. The paypal account was real (hacked some womans acct) and even provided an invoice when asked to do so,  matching FFL info. 

I got jacked the scam was good,  I just will start saving again, expensive lesson learned. 

I learned this is common on arms list etc, so obviously be careful.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, 70gto said:

got jacked the scam was good,  I just will start saving again, expensive lesson learned.

Time to drop the hammer of Thor on him.

Try to record your conversation with him.  If he's this blatant about it then it should be simple  to get him to admit to everything he's done.  Then give the recordings to the authorities.  Police, Postal Inspectors, ATF, etc,, etc.

Can you cancel payment or put stop payment?  Sorry to hear you got taken advantage of.

• Like 1

File with PayPal . . . You have a shot at getting something back and it will not come from the woman's account.  

Remember . . . There are lists of FFLs and those lists include contact information.  That's how you could have verified the FLL license and that you were actually dealing with them.  They would likely have been happy to know that someone is using their license.  

Woulda, shoulda, coulda . . . I know . . . Sorry . . . 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:36 PM, Scorpio64 said:

That was the red flag that got ignored.

Here's an example of a common and frequent scam right here on njgf, just one example of many I've rec'd in PM over the years.  I put asterisks in pace of the email address.

The forum admins/mods should be able to track the scammers IP address to a general location.  If the IP of the place you sent money is in Florida or Pakistan, you definitely have a problem.

Never EVER send money to anyone that does not have at least ten meaningful posts.

the part you put in quotes.....i've gotten several of those about the g19 slide i was looking for. always in pm, never in any of the threads. always a "forum dabbler" too with no posts.

• Like 1

TOO add insult to injury he's got my drivers license. I notified banks and locked my credit down. Pd report made.

So look out for some sales im putting up like 357 sig ranger ammo to help me recover to at least get a deposit down on another m2 not an imaginary one. 

For everyone especially w kids . Every lost dime counts. 

This guy asked me if I knew any good crypto scams as he wanted to learn. I bet if I asked him to post here he would to show how smart he is and not worried about le. 

Scamming seems to be normalized these days. Banks and cc co consider it a part if doing business. Le just writes it down as their hands are tied. When she last time some agency worked w a local or foreign govt or incentivesed them to at least try n slow it down wtf.  

So back to business wanted benelli m2 new please

@70gto

Im sorry you got taken for a ride…scammers and thieves should be drawn and quartered. 

I hope you recover your $. 

If you’re still looking for an M2, I’d reach out to @PK90 on this site. 

He is an FFL (Estrella Arms) formerly from NJ, now in AZ. I recently had him track down an AUG for me. He may be able to find a Beretta m2 for you. 

Paul is a great guy, and he might even be able to offer you some guidance on dealing with that shitbag scammer. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sorry...a little late to this thread but sounds like you dealt with a scammer that may go by the name of Chad.  Whether he is who he says he is or if the credentials were stolen,  this guy is a fraud.

He tried to sell me an item and I asked him to send me pics, which he did but were randomly taken from Google.  I then asked him to take another pic with a note with my name and date next to the item.   The clown photoshopped the note into the same pic.  

I then asked him to send 1 more pic but to rotate the item, roll up the note and wrap it once around the trigger guard.  The D-Bag went awol after that.  

Lots of scammers out there...beware. 

FYI spread this  to your buddies on gun forums. This POS is scamming people with my ID he stole. I got a call from a guy in California, he had a wanted post out for some rifle sights,  Same scammer sent him pics of my stuff, buyer was smart and asked for specific pics scammer could not produce.

So this guy is preying on wanted to buy posts specifically on gun forums. so if you have friends that post on gun forums just make them aware, this is why all my ads require at least a phone call for verification. its weak but something.

he has stolen legit ffl id with name chad Couture and my ID at minimum. Paolo M.

I found the best thing to do is to ask for 1 more pic but with a hand written note with your name and date on it...and have it placed on or folded around the item just so you know for certain they have the item on hand.  Also if the user accepts only zelle for payment is a flag.  Although there are many legit sellers that want only zelle, just proceed with caution as zelle has no protection whatsoever and these d-bags know this.   PP and Venmo will at least do some level of investigation (and most likely your own account will be banned as well) but at least you can bring some level of heat down on the guy.  

• Like 2

I'm guessing you paid him using friends and family? I would think you could recover your money easily otherwise. 

This is an incredibly common scam I see on a lot of forums. One forum I'm on has a sticky thread in the WTB section warning people not to do business with anyone who claims they know someone with the item. And NEVER use friends and family PP, NEVER!

90% of scammers are not in the US, unless YOU protect the transaction, its like sending cash in the mail. 

Never do business with anyone who just joined the forum unless it's FTF. No one joins a forum to message a person like this who is legit. 

• Agree 1

PP and Venmo are extremely anti-2A so it could possibly be a double edged sword to file a fraud claim.

What's very interesting is although PP is anti-2A, our forum here uses PP for subscription payment processing...lol

I posted on my fb re the scam. So far it saved 3 people who contacted me re this pos. He's at it selling all kinds of bs. I asked that they paid it forward by posting warning the boards or lists etc. This guy is relentless. Wish I could reach out and touch someone. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm guessing you paid him using friends and family? I would think you could recover your money easily otherwise. 

This is an incredibly common scam I see on a lot of forums. One forum I'm on has a sticky thread in the WTB section warning people not to do business with anyone who claims they know someone with the item. And NEVER use friends and family PP, NEVER!

90% of scammers are not in the US, unless YOU protect the transaction, its like sending cash in the mail. 

Never do business with anyone who just joined the forum unless it's FTF. No one joins a forum to message a person like this who is legit. 

I used pp for some and regular for the other half. The ff i got jacked on. Pp looked for every excuse not to pay me back. Lesson learned 

Just saw this. Sorry to hear about that. If I see something fishy on this forum I would PM the buyer or seller to be aware just as a courtesy. At the end it's up to the forum member but at least I said my part. I've dealt with most of the members here face to face and even mailed stuff out to a few.  

Most of the regulars on this site are good guys. Just take the time out to review their profiles and review their posts and reputation. Always leave a feedback for the buyer or seller so it legitimizes their profile and protects other legit buyers/sellers. Members that don't do it should consider it or learn how to provide feedback.