GFarra31

.22LR Pistol.....Handgun Permit Required?

I think the answer is yes, but I thought I'd check in here.     I'm considering a .22LR pistol for plinking fun.

Any recommendations on a pistol?    I know Rugar has one that seems to be highly regarded.   I saw SIG has a new P322 which comes with a 20rd magazine and a threaded barrel.    I know the magazine can be made compliant, is the threaded barrel a NJ no-no?

Thank you, George

I have the Ruger SR22, Walther P22 Q, and GSG 1911 22LR. I shoot the GSG 1911 22LR mostly and like the Ruger SR22 next which competes with the Walther P22 Q. I purchased the GSG 1911 22LR on recommendation from a member here.  One thing about the 22LR(s) is they like to run clean and some do better than others with the “bulk” ammo.

links add as FYI

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/45249/gsg+gsg-m1911s+22+lr+single+22+lr+(lr)+5

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/ruger-sr22-vs-walther-p22-q

As per your title you actually need a permit for a BB or pellet gun in NJ

I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 and I think it's a great pistol.  Takedown/cleaning is PAINFULLY simple with the Mark IV's.

th?id=OIP.agzXLA9PtROtyW7M1mqAzwHaEh%26p

They make a "Lite" version with lots of different colors, rails, and threaded barrel so you can tacticool it:

Ruger-Mark-IV-22-45-Lite-Bronze-e1482185

7 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 and I think it's a great pistol.  Takedown/cleaning is PAINFULLY simple with the Mark IV's.

th?id=OIP.agzXLA9PtROtyW7M1mqAzwHaEh%26p

They make a "Lite" version with lots of different colors, rails, and threaded barrel so you can tacticool it:

Ruger-Mark-IV-22-45-Lite-Bronze-e1482185

Good luck finding a 22/45 lite. I've been going nuts looking for one. 

All great handguns above, the Taurus is always highly recommended, the 1911’s are also very fun to shoot, I have a Walther Colt tribute .22 that gets a lot of range time, functions like a 1911, has some weight to it like a 1911. My wife has the sr22 that she very much enjoys and shoots well, although she has pretty much claimed my Walther tribute as her own these days.

Well....I am hoping to also use this as a gateway to get my wife into handguns.    She likes shooting 20g shotguns (clay pigeon), but never took to my SIGP320 in 9mm.    LOL....its a gateway gun...

But I am looking forward to plinking with it myself.   I've shot my buddy's M&P15 rifle in .22LR and that is just a blast to shoot...all day looong!

Permit application done online.   Now just window shop online and wait :)

George

1 hour ago, GFarra31 said:

I am hoping to also use this as a gateway to get my wife into handguns

Whatever you do, avoid at all costs letting her try any of your favorite guns.  Once a wifey has decided she likes one of your guns, yep, you guessed it.  It becomes "her" gun.

• Haha 1