45Doll

Summer Vacation Planning

Making plans for summer travel? If your plans include trips overseas review the following map. And make sure to scroll down the Legend on the right-hand side of the page to see the Travel Advisory Levels. All the Red countries are 'forget it'. 

How's Greenland looking?

Travel.State.Gov

I was just in Cancun/Playa del Carmen back in December - it's "elevated risk" but it's honestly not bad.  They escalated the risk because of the cartel activity, but the cartels know not to mess with the tourist trade as that's so much of the income in the area.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

I was just in Cancun/Playa del Carmen back in December - it's "elevated risk" but it's honestly not bad.  They escalated the risk because of the cartel activity, but the cartels know not to mess with the tourist trade as that's so much of the income in the area.

"Honestly not bad"  is you didn't have any problems when you where there.

If your think the cartels are concerned about the tourist trade you're fooling yourself.

If the cartels have a target they care shit from shinola about the tourist trade as they've shown in the past.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

"Honestly not bad"  is you didn't have any problems when you where there.

If your think the cartels are concerned about the tourist trade you're fooling yourself.

If the cartels have a target they care shit from shinola about the tourist trade as they've shown in the past.

That's true - but seeing the hundreds if not thousands of people flowing through the Cancun airport with us at the same time - it wasn't bad at all...  There's crap going on in the background wherever you go.  I'd go to Cancun again, definitely.

It's almost all red due to "Covid warnings".  

Obviously there are some dangerous areas for reasons other then "Covid" that you may want to think twice before visiting.

Also, why would you allow the State Department to influence where you want to vacation? 

Wha'ts next?  Taking advise from Fauci and the WHO?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

The links not working on my phone, why is Greece a no go? 

The map only color codes Greece as "Do not travel". It doesn't have any reference material attached to it for justification. Perhaps on the State Department web site they have detail.

43 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

Sure they do - click on Greece, and click more info. Basically COVID. 

Well I tried that and nothing popped up. Now I tried it again a couple times and it did pop up an info box.

So to atone for my sins, @Cheflife15 here's the link to the Greek info. Looks like the main issue was Covid-19. But the update is from last August.

Greece Travel Advisory (state.gov)

And thanks @Grapeshot

• Thanks 1

When you click on a country a box pops up and you can click on "More Info".  

A new windrow will come up.  There will be a title banner with the name off the country and the risk level.  To the rigth will be one or a number of letters displayed for the threat level.  

If you hover the cursor over the letter it will give a short explanatiion.  "H" is health.  "C" is Crime.  "T" is terrorism.  "U" is Civil Unrest, etc, etc. 

Greece only has an "H".   So if you aren't walking around with mask on here at home, you should be fine over there I would guess.