JERZYDEvil

Anything I can do?

A couple years ago a buddy reloaded some .38 special rounds and gave them to me. Shortly after, he passed away. Recently I took my revolver out for some fun, but about half of the shells were too big to fit. Can these be resized? Or should I bring them to my LGS to dispose of them?

Thanks

#1 - I wouldn’t use someone else’s reloads and that’s my recommendation for you as well.

#2 - If you have reloading equipment, you can use a kinetic bullet puller hammer to remove the bullets and powder.  Then you could resize the PRIMED cases, add powder, seat the bullet and crimp.  Remember, cases are generally sized first and then primed.  So, sizing a primed case is not a recommended practice.

#3 - Are you sure all of your chambers are squeaky clean?  Can you accurately measure the loaded ammo outside diameter?  

I appreciate the feedback.

He was a known gunsmith/reloader in the area and very trusted. I have no reloading equipment. The rest of the reloads were perfect. These won't fit in the cylinder of the Colt revolver.

Guess I'll dispose of properly. Its only like 25 rounds.

• Like 1

Shooting someone else's  reloads is always a gamble, you have no idea what's in 'em.

1 hour ago, JERZYDEvil said:

These won't fit in the cylinder of the Colt revolver.

Are you saying they fit in a different revolver, but not the Colt you mentioned?