45Doll

Major Hack In Chrome Revealed

A hack has been exposed and they're working on the fix, but not releasing any details publicly. Meantime you can check your cached passwords (if you have them). I would also be concerned if passwords are cached between PC, phone etc. I checked Chrome's opinion of my cached passwords and only one was reported as compromised; it was the admin password on an internal WAP on my home private network. So that's not really an issue, but I changed it anyway since it was the total default values.

WARNING: Google's Chrome Browser Suffers Major Hack – RedState

Google patching risks found in Chrome browser (newsnationnow.com)

Note: two minutes after the post I checked my Chrome version and it kicked off an update to this latest release. So the update is online.

Edited by 45Doll
Note added.

Duckduckgo is the best !!!  Keeps you more secure and doesn't make US Oligarchs richer. 

I once had some info posted just saying I joined a pro 2A club.   Didn't want it public.    Webmaster at the pro2A club could not get it off Google.  I tried all of Google's rules and my efforts failed too.  All Google products have a political agenda and they don't line up with your rights. 

On 5/2/2022 at 7:33 PM, Zelig said:

I once had some info posted just saying I joined a pro 2A club.   Didn't want it public.    Webmaster at the pro2A club could not get it off Google.  I tried all of Google's rules and my efforts failed too.  All Google products have a political agenda and they don't line up with your rights. 

There is a way to request Google to remove search results that point to personal info:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/google-search-remove-phone-number-personal-information/

I had a similar situation - I was a member of an organization, they assembled a member directory with addresses and phone #'s.  It was supposed to be only accessible through a "members only" section of the website, but the file itself is in a publicly accessible directory on the webserver and was crawled/indexed by google.