67gtonut

Sunset Hill Shooting Range

http://sunsethill.slvrcreek.com/home.htm

few miles behind the Tannersville Outlets off Rt80

Been there a few times..... nice place and the Range Dudes are awesome.

If any of us North Jersey folk ever want to get together.... would be a nice place to do so...

There's something you don't see in NJ... a TV commercial for a shooting range.

Looks like a nice place. I'd be up for a day trip.

K

We would have to get there early before all the tourists get there to play with all the rental guns... which wouldnt directly effect us, since they use other bays...

but there are plenty of people arrive from NY to fire there assault weapons.....lol

First time there..... you pay a fee, go thru a short safety briefing with a RO, and once they are comfortable with you..... you are free to carry-on.....

I generally like the range and their rentals are a good way to get some actual trigger time with guns you're thinking about buying.

However, they do have a policy that irks me - they will not sell ammunition to you if you do not have a PA driver's license, or at least they wouldn't last time I went.

I wanted to break in my new shotgun, but had only brought 00 buck with me. Turns out 00 buck is too "heavy" for the skeet range (I can understand that, they don't want pellets raining down on neighbors a mile away), and you can only shoot slugs on the "ported" ranges.

They wouldn't sell me either slugs or target loads for the skeet range. Luckily my GF's dad who lives in PA was with us, so he bought the ammo and handed it to me. :roll:

this is a great place I'm there often

When you see the guy with the 1919 on the MG42 tripod say high its me :mrgreen:

I should be going up this week end to test my new tommy with the 10 round drum :roll: but it looks cool.

And if you need a gun smith ask for Tony he's the smith on site good prices on hot bluing and park

Careful....once you shoot one, you'll be instantly addicted. Get ready to spend!!! lol

Yeah..... I am busy looking at the M&P stuff......

I just dont understand the differance yet..... calibers - features - nj legal?

I am new to all this.....I know NONE of the lingo....

Me either....there is all kinds of different stuff. I generally dont look into things that much although I probably should. unfortunatly I dont have the patience. My purchases usually consist of...comfortable? Goes bang when you pull the trigger? Looks cool? SOLD!

Honestly my favorite public shooting range in NJ... ;) The rentals are really expensive but the staff is friendly and relaxed. I wish the lanes were a bit wider and more open space, I feel kinda couped up in there sometimes.

NJ? The place is in Pa. =P

Honestly my favorite public shooting range in NJ... ;) The rentals are really expensive but the staff is friendly and relaxed. I wish the lanes were a bit wider and more open space, I feel kinda couped up in there sometimes.

I wondered what that toll was for :lol:

Thats how great NJ is, my favorite range is in a different state!

I used to go there fairly often. At the time, they had retractable targets on manual pullies, so you could change targets quickly. They've since gotten rid of that. Now they have electronic pullies, and you have to pay extra to use them.

On the static (not retractable) targets, they tell you to shoot at only one, so that other shooters have something to shoot at. I have not been back since (about 2 or 3 years now).

I've never rented any of their guns, but I might go back to try some out. Perhaps even this week, since I took the last of my vacation time. The Springfield XD and the H&K MP5 are two that I'd like to try out.

There is a free range about 1 hour from the toll bridge in Carbon County just outside of Jim Thorpe that has handgun at 25 yards and various distances for rifles up to 300 yards. PM me for the info if interested.

http://sunsethill.slvrcreek.com/home.htm

few miles behind the Tannersville Outlets off Rt80

Been there a few times..... nice place and the Range Dudes are awesome.

If any of us North Jersey folk ever want to get together.... would be a nice place to do so...

Being retired , I NEVER go anyplace on a weekend. Have always enjoyed shooting at Sunset Hills. My only gripe is that they now have prohibited reloads. Don't know if this is for insurance purposes or they just want to sell more of their own ammo, but as a reloader it sure defeats my cost savings.