StephenNJ73

Apologize, had given up any chance of Nj concealed carry—glimmer of hope now?

1 hour ago, Zelig said:

Florida accepts NRA basic pistol.  If US Supreme Court rules that right is as per 2nd amendment intended like Heller decision I don't see how NJ would legally going beyond that. It is why Murphy is trying to influence decision with his speech.  

I thought this was "above his pay grade" anyway!

Clearly a DENTIST is above his pay grade.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

I did find an attorney on line who wrote this article. In it he says that on whatever qualifying course they use 70% passes. 

How to get a permit to carry a handgun in New Jersey - Gambone Law

As this lawyer thinks you need a permit to own a handgun in NJ (which is wrong BTW) I would take the rest of his info with a pinch of salt.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

You noticed that too, eh.  Does not instill confidence.

I had a will drawn up some years back by a local law firm, who admittedly didn't claim be be particularly knowledgeable about gun laws.  Things were going fine until I said we weren't going to list firearm serial numbers in the will and not all of them have serial numbers anyway.   They were instantly convinced my felony arrest was imminent, and that we'd better start preparing a defense.  It took a surprisingly long time to educate them on GCA 68 and why older guns without serial numbers are both common and legal.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

guns without serial numbers are both common and legal.

You sure about that legality, at least in NJ?

You may want to go read here to see how "unserialized" firearms may have gotten swept up in the ghost gun law passed recently:

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/97772-possession-in-nj-of-self-made-firearm/&do=findComment&comment=1297622

Okay, so let’s say someone takes the wildly optimistic stance and firmly believes this is going to change the possibility of applying for and receiving a concealed carry permit—what, if any, certification/classes should one take in anticipation of the rulings (since I imagine there will be a rush on any such offerings)?

11 hours ago, StephenNJ73 said:

Okay, so let’s say someone takes the wildly optimistic stance and firmly believes this is going to change the possibility of applying for and receiving a concealed carry permit—what, if any, certification/classes should one take in anticipation of the rulings (since I imagine there will be a rush on any such offerings)?

Wait to see what SCOTUS rules.  No need to spend money yet.

I received an e-mail with a good ANJRPC message.

From our friends at ANJRPC:

June 3, 2022. With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to finally resolve the issue of right to carry by the end of this month, there is much speculation and conjecture about what the Supreme Court might do, and how it could affect right to carry in New Jersey.

Attorney Dan Schmutter, ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach, and ANJRPC President Kathy Chatterton recently recorded a Zoom briefing on that subject for presentation to the ANJRPC Board of Directors. The in-depth discussion covers numerous possibilities and contingencies, some of which may come as a surprise. Every NJ gun owner should watch this video. 

Click Here to Watch Video

nope. not with that lunatic mayor. when he was running, what little i heard about him, i thought he'd be good.........boy was i wrong.

and it's prolly not gonna happen here either. or if it does......

we'll be limited to .22lr. 3 round capacity. not within 1k ft of medical facility, school or other learning institution or any govt property.

some stupid shiit like that.

we'll be limited to .22lr. 3 round capacity. not within 1k ft of medical facility, school or other learning institution or any govt property.

13 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

nope. not with that lunatic mayor. when he was running, what little i heard about him, i thought he'd be good.........boy was i wrong.

The mayor who thinks abortion should be legal until the moment of birth.....  that's how sick they are....MOMENT OF BIRTH.

And they want to lecture about evil guns

yea. i hadn't heard any of his stance on that when he was running. he seemed like he was gonna go after the actual criminals and that's what i thought made him good. now? i wouldn't be sad to see him go away. but then again, i don't live there, and god willing never will.