Downtownv

NJ2AS Rally Middletown 5/18/22

39 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Not to sound facetious but what actually happens at something like this?

You'll sit in a hotel conference room with lots of other people.  Some people will talk to everyone else, maybe on a stage, maybe with a microphone, maybe even with accompanying visual displays.  If you're lucky, there will be food/drink provided.

You'll likely hear RKBA-related info and news that you probably won't hear anywhere else.  You may get solicited to participate in future activism, or to join or contribute to an organization or a campaign.  You can choose to do so, or not do so.  Maybe you'll even get an inkling that despite all the challenges there is hope for advancing the RKBA in NJ, that there is a large community of firearms enthusiasts and that you don't have to be a "closet-gun-owner", and that you have the ability to make a difference by contributing your efforts.

Eventually the event will end and you go home.

• Thanks 1

Is NJ2AS the NJ standard bearer for 2A rights in NJ?        what is their plan in the event of a SCOTUS win.        I'm guessing by the timeline on the original post that this group is a secret brotherhood,   if they want people to go maybe they should have made a better attempt to get people to go,  3 days notice is not much.   

I have 1 question if someone attending can ask:        will the gun groups in NJ  transition from Florida / Utah permit classes to NJ classes if we win?     

1 hour ago, revenger said:

Is NJ2AS the NJ standard bearer for 2A rights in NJ?        what is their plan in the event of a SCOTUS win.        I'm guessing by the timeline on the original post that this group is a secret brotherhood,   if they want people to go maybe they should have made a better attempt to get people to go,  3 days notice is not much.   

I have 1 question if someone attending can ask:        will the gun groups in NJ  transition from Florida / Utah permit classes to NJ classes if we win?     

No - the #1 organization in NJ would be the ANJRPC.  However the largest and busiest grassroots org is CNJFO by far (and I'm not just saying that as a member/executive committee member).  CNJFO has been working hand in hand with the ANJRPC, SAF, GOA, Mark Cheeseman, and more on the various lawsuits (Mag ban, Justifiable Need, etc.).   CNJFO even funded an Amicus Curiae (Amicus Brief) regarding the Cheeseman/Jillard/Factor lawsuit that went up to the Supreme Court and was "mooted".  

NJ2AS has been active in their own way, however I don't hear them working with the other groups nearly as much.