Cheflife15

Accessories needed for AR

I just picked up the Daniel defense in the classifieds. Now I need an optic and a sling. 

I'm looking to keep the optic around 600

And the sling around or under 100. 

I like prism/etched reticle optics and I don't really want anything magnified. Im not set on that though as i have irons more.  The gun will be mostly for fun but used for a zombie apocalypse.  I want a durable and reliable optic, I have no vision seeing. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Since you got a set of BUIS, are you set on an etched retilce?

If not, I absolutely love my Vortex UH-1 holographic sight. It's on par with Eotech - I find it a little clearer.

No I'm flexible. I adjusted my post. Originally I was just going to get a prism and leave out iron sights but I decided to get irons now (they're cheaper) and Sav e for a nicer red dot. One thing I do like about the aimpoints is the Lens covers. Dirty or scratched lenses will drive me nuts.

If you have astigmatism, like I do, a red dot may not work perfectly for you - have you tried any yet?

Even with my wonky eyes the true holographic sights are fine. I have a QD swing out magnifier behind mine so I can cover multiple roles.

• Informative 1

I actually haven't tried a red dot. I think I do have a minor astigmatism. I have a spitfire prism that works well but I want something more durable or reliable. I'll look into your suggestion. It looks nice,  how's the window size? Do you feel like there are blind spots?

24 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Window size doesn’t matter with a RDS - you are shooting with both eyes open.

I prefer the Aimpoint T2 over just about anything out there, but that’s outside your price range.

I do not like magnifiers behind dots. I’d rather a LPVO if I have determined a need for magnification. 

If the benefits are significant I can go out of budget. What makes the t2 better in your opinion?

I have four T1s (2 on ARs, 1 on an AK, and 1 on a REM 870) and a T2 (on an AR). The T1 is no slouch but the T2 is definitely an improvement.

The T1 and T2
• Small footprint
• Lightweight
• Extremely reliable
• 50,000 hour battery life

The T1 is damn nice, but the T2 improves on it with 
• Clearer glass
• Crisper dot

It has pretty much become the standard for small RDS.

• Informative 1

I still haven't found a better prism than the Leupold Prismatic, which, sadly, is not longer made. They suck on battery life but the glass is really, really good. No distortion like I've in the Swampfox and Vortex stuff.

• Thanks 1

Primary Arms has their Cyclops 1x prism optic on sale for $199 for Memorial Day. It’s about the size of a T2.

I have no time on one, but I am intrigued.

Oh, and Slings: I like 2 point quick adjust slings. The Magpul, BFG VCAS, Flatline Fiber Co, are all well executed. My current favorite is the Ferro Concepts Slingster.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bomber said:

This.

3 point sling is what saved Kyle Rittenhouse. (That, and an honest judge).

The MS4 is not a 3 point sling. That is a quick adjust 2 point sling.

I don’t know what kind of sling Rittenhouse used. That being said: 

3 point slings are terrible. Avoid at all costs. I don’t care who used them.