Tsingh

New here...

Hello all,

I am new here. wanted to introduce my self. I am from Mercer County area. I purchased my first pistol last year and now i have few. love going to the range. I have been to Recoil in monroe and RTSP in Union. I am trying to improve my target shooting so i can someday participate in beginner level comp's. :) 

Is there any outdoor range for pistols? which are open for non-members? if any one knows, please do let me know.

Thanks 

TSingh

2 hours ago, Tsingh said:

Hello all,

I am new here. wanted to introduce my self. I am from Mercer County area. I purchased my first pistol last year and now i have few. love going to the range. I have been to Recoil in monroe and RTSP in Union. I am trying to improve my target shooting so i can someday participate in beginner level comp's. :) 

Is there any outdoor range for pistols? which are open for non-members? if any one knows, please do let me know.

Thanks 

TSingh

Welcome.  Honestly - if you've got the equipment for it - dive right into competition.  If you tell the people there that you're new to it, they will help teach you safely, and give you tips as well.  You'll learn by doing and you'll learn a lot.

2 hours ago, Tsingh said:

Thank you for that... will get in to rifles too in coming months... 

does buying rifles/shotgun also require permit like Handguns require?

It requires a FID card, which is a "one-time" application - you get the card once, then you can buy as many rifles/shotguns/"long guns" as you want.

If you've been buying handgun ammunition in NJ then I'm guessing you already have an FID card.

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Fake news.

Lol, there is a lot of that going around lately. 

Welcome aboard.

What was your first hand gun purchase? Mine was a Beretta, from there it’s been all a blur.