82flh

new gun regulations coming!

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

He needs to harden the fuck up. 

Before I got hurt. In 08 we would get out of work 2-3 am. Guys would ask me if they could walk to their cars with me! I was 55 at the time. they were in their 20s. the whole generation is fucked!

On 5/26/2022 at 5:38 AM, CAL. .30 M1 said:

I probably have an email from HR in my inbox this old morning...lol

nah-i-think-ill-get-chewed-out-ive-been-

Yup - chewed out - not shot, just chewed out - :)

"Nick, be nicer, softer, you *know* how these kids are today...."  That literally was my look..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

we're likely to see another ban.

Lucky for me, I do not own any so called "assault weapons"  My rifles do not meet the government AWB definition of an assault weapon.

So, how far back will they move the goal post this time?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Lucky for me, I do not own any so called "assault weapons"  My rifles do not meet the government AWB definition of an assault weapon.

So, how far back will they move the goal post this time?

i'm more worried at how many of our rights that the nra's gonna bargain away this time.

17 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm more worried at how many of our rights that the nra's gonna bargain away this time.

This is the funniest part. They're always talking about the strength of the NRA and the gun lobby, but I can't say I really feel it.

Harris calls for another assault weapons ban: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-assault-weapons-ban-uvalde-buffalo-mass-shootings

Whatever an assault weapon is, someone should tell her that NY already has an assault weapons ban. Columbine happened during the federal AWB. The scary thing is they've implanted the idea that all semi-automatic rifles are weapons of war, especially with "high capacity" magazines.

My rimfire lever action has a massive magazine compacity :O

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

The scary thing is they've implanted the idea that all semi-automatic rifles are weapons of war, especially with "high capacity" magazines.

That has been the plan from the start.  Demonize black rifles, ban them on looks, then go "OOPSIE, these hunting rifles work the same way as them evil black rifles we banned, so we gonna ban these bitches too"

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

That has been the plan from the start.  Demonize black rifles, ban them on looks, then go "OOPSIE, these hunting rifles work the same way as them evil black rifles we banned, so we gonna ban these bitches too"

"They" will stop at nothing.  Time to stock up and then go boating, folks.

Debate Over Guns Unfolds in Uvalde, a Rural Texas Town in Grief (yahoo.com)

8 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Time to stock up and then go boating, folks.

No need to rent a boat. Just visit a no-questions-asked and no-receipts-given Gun Buy Back.

I'm gunna catch some heat here for this but better background checks could be nice in other parts of the country.  Maybe if it cuts down on the crazies getting guns,  they'll be less pressure to take them all away. I'd actually like to see better background checks if it gave us access to unneautered guns. Law abiding citizens without mental health issues should be allowed standard magazines etc. 

Let the flaming begin lol. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Define “better”. 

Do they give references in Texas? I feel like something as simple as that could help. No way this nut could get 2 people to say he's sane to have a gun. I would deal with more vetting of individuals if it allowed for cooler stuff personally. The mental health in this country is deteriorating. There's no doubt about that. Guns have been part of our culture since the beginning but school shootings are a recent phenomena. In a perfect world only mentally fit people have awesome guns. 

I don't think the bs laws like magazine size, caliber, stamping will do anything to stop these crimes. 

Maybe society just needs to get better at REPORTING the mental health issues. But we do know this guy was supposedly cutting his own face. He should not have been deemed sane to buy anything. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

this is why i make it a point to remind the antis that think an ar is a modern rifle that it has been around since about 1961.,

6 hours ago, 45Doll said:

No need to rent a boat. Just visit a no-questions-asked and no-receipts-given Gun Buy Back.

ooohhh......wait'll the schmucks that go there find out that they're on camera with facial recognition......

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Let the flaming begin lol. 

We used to have private F2F transfers for long arms.  We needed to show our DL and FPID card.  Most states don't have a FPID card so what's to stop a felon from engaging in a private sale? I see that as a potential problem.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

We used to have private F2F transfers for long arms.  We needed to show our DL and FPID card.  Most states don't have a FPID card so what's to stop a felon from engaging in a private sale? I see that as a potential problem.

So maybe other states should have these cards.  

Let's be real,  school shootings don't happen in nj. I don't think it's cause of the bs laws on magazines, scary ar features etc. Maybe our references and background checks are better? 

I don't know what the answer is. But I HOPE that if these shootings occur less, they'll leave law abiding citizens alone.  

References would be a start. 

This is not the be all end all solution. These shootings stem from broken homes, bullying,  mental problems.  No sane person could shoot an 8 year old. I think my biggest issue with these shootings is how many signs are missed before they get a gun. If a purchaser needs 2 references,  maybe it gets reported. Who knows really? 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Some ask to see voter registration cards, but a NICS check covers your ass better.

I'd wager most people are fine with all sales going through NICS. Then it's a matter of getting dangerous people disqualified, rather than ignoring threats or giving gangbangers their 20th "disorderly conduct" bargain.

It's a layered defense. The majority of crimes are by felons with handguns; rifles in general are far behind in homicide stats. The majority of school shooters are under 18. The thing is, it can't just be about gun reform. But if that's where the fight takes us, we have to be willing to make a business decision and accept a compromise that isn't infringing.

5 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

If a purchaser needs 2 references,  maybe it gets reported. Who knows really? 

To be honest, I'm not sure how useful the references are even in NJ. It's more of an IQ test: who is going to pick bad references? It's just a yes/no questionnaire to the best of someone's knowledge. Do police invest any time in actually following up with them?

1 minute ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I'd wager most people are fine with all sales going through NICS.

Maybe in NJ and Cali, but that dog don't hunt in free America. 

It doesn't matter what "must do something" is done, it will not address the underlying problem of social decay.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

To be honest, I'm not sure how useful the references are even in NJ. It's more of an IQ test: who is going to pick bad references? It's just a yes/no questionnaire to the best of someone's knowledge. Do police invest any time in actually following up with them?

This is how you would think as a moral, sane, prudent person.  So you think this crossdressing, face cutting, abusive person could've gotten 2 references? I honestly don't think so. 

You're never going to stop all evil,  but if we could just find something to cut down on the amount.  People who are not gun owners will give up if there's a school shooting every day. 

Let's face reality......If you are hell bent on destroying yourself and others, you can always get any weapon you desire on the black market! Even in NJ!

School shootings don't happen in NJ and in MOST other states PERIOD!  They are few and far between, thank God! They could happen here despite the tough gun laws!

Laws mean nothing to criminals and sociopaths!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

Let's face reality......If you are hell bent on destroying yourself and others, you can always get any weapon you desire on the black market! Even in NJ!

School shootings don't happen in NJ and in MOST other states PERIOD!  They are few and far between, thank God! The could happen here despite the tough gun laws!

Laws mean nothing to criminals and sociopaths!

I understand that,  and I agree.  BUT the legal purchases by people who should clearly not own weapons have to make people question the laws in place. And they use that as a reason to neuter our guns as opposed to keeping guns out of crazy people's hands. 

You're never going to stop these things completely. There will always be evil. But the more people post about how these school shooters got their guns legally the bigger the problem it becomes in the long run.  They will continue to attack things that are not the problem. 

Like I said,  I don't have an answer to stop this,  as I don't believe that will ever happen.  

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Do they give references in Texas?

References for what? Buying a gun? 

We walk into a gun store, pick what you want, and fill out a 4473. If the NICS check is good, you walk out the door with it. 

Last NICS check I did took him longer to dial the phone than it did to get the approval. 

I should add that if you have a valid Texas CHL, you don’t need the NICS check. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

References for what? Buying a gun? 

We walk into a gun store, pick what you want, and fill out a 4473. If the NICS check is good, you walk out the door with it. 

Last NICS check I did took him longer to dial the phone than it did to get the approval. 

Do you have private F2F transfers? 

Kyō arigato in advance!

39 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I understand that,  and I agree.  BUT the legal purchases by people who should clearly not own weapons have to make people question the laws in place. And they use that as a reason to neuter our guns as opposed to keeping guns out of crazy people's hands. 

You're never going to stop these things completely. There will always be evil. But the more people post about how these school shooters got their guns legally the bigger the problem it becomes in the long run.  They will continue to attack things that are not the problem. 

Like I said,  I don't have an answer to stop this,  as I don't believe that will ever happen.  

I don’t believe restricting the law abiding citizen does anything at all to quell gun crimes. 
Criminals will steal, buy them on the black market, or have them straw purchased for them. 

I think ‘mental health checks‘ are a very dangerous slope. WHO gets to decide if you are mentally fit or not? And by what definitions? 

Just now, JohnnyB said:

Do you have private F2F transfers? 

Kyō arigato in advance!

Yes we do. 

Personally, I won’t sell F2F to anyone who doesn’t have a Texas CHL, but that’s not required for anyone to do. 

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yes we do. 

Personally, I won’t sell F2F to anyone who doesn’t have a Texas CHL, but that’s not required for anyone to do. 

I hate to say it..........A felon can do a F2F transfer in Texas, that's troublesome to me!

• Agree 2