82flh

new gun regulations coming!

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

I hate to say it..........A felon can do a F2F transfer in Texas, that's troublesome to me!

I don’t disagree with you, and I also think that’s an issue. 

This is why, to somewhat cover my ass, I will only sell to a Texas CHL holder. 

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

So maybe other states should have these cards.  

Let's be real,  school shootings don't happen in nj. I don't think it's cause of the bs laws on magazines, scary ar features etc. Maybe our references and background checks are better? 

I don't know what the answer is. But I HOPE that if these shootings occur less, they'll leave law abiding citizens alone.  

References would be a start. 

This is not the be all end all solution. These shootings stem from broken homes, bullying,  mental problems.  No sane person could shoot an 8 year old. I think my biggest issue with these shootings is how many signs are missed before they get a gun. If a purchaser needs 2 references,  maybe it gets reported. Who knows really? 

they'll always find an excuse.

with ALL of these laws.....and this includes here in nj.......there is virtually nothing other than us self policing ourselves .......that prevents a f2f sale, even with the current laws. if there truly were something to prevent that, then the majority of these things wouldn't happen, as they're mostly with illegally obtained tools.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:03 PM, 82flh said:

i lived in waretown on 5th street...i was the chopper builder guy...i agree....its fucked...single mom rasied gamer type beta males...worthless...this govt has us right where they want us...weak ass men...if we dont take this back now...america is doomed

Me to.

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

References for what? Buying a gun? 

We walk into a gun store, pick what you want, and fill out a 4473. If the NICS check is good, you walk out the door with it. 

Last NICS check I did took him longer to dial the phone than it did to get the approval. 

I should add that if you have a valid Texas CHL, you don’t need the NICS check. 

I have had a C&R FFL for 15+ years, have the stupid NJ FID Have non resident carry permits that are worthless in NJ. still have to go thru a nics that takes days in NJ. even though Feds run the NICS!! What a joke. ALL FOR THE MONEY!! I do not think anyone should agree to more gun laws. THEY ARE ALREADY HERE!!!  the POS in Texas was showing disturbing behavior!! A teacher will argue! But, cross dressing , makeup, and cutting you face  shows an issue! Where the fuck did this asshole get about 4K+ for 2 nice ARs and 600 rds of ammo. Any of his little twisted playmates on line should have turned this queer fucker in when he states about shooting up a school!!

I don’t think there is a whole hell of a lot we can do, in the big picture, to prevent crazy people from hurting others. 
Regardless of what tool they choose, if they are motivated enough, they will find a way to cause harm to innocent people.

You have no idea of the horrible damage one can inflict upon others by just using items found in your kitchen cleaning cabinet. 

I also do not believe that law abiding citizens should be restricted from their 2A rights because of the actions of a few nut jobs. 

I don’t know how to prevent these senseless and crazy acts of violence going forward, but I DO know, that allowing your rights to be restricted in ANY way isn’t, and never will be, the answer. 

• Agree 1

You're more likely to be pushed to your death than killed by an AR15: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

While school shootings are not unique to the US, it happens too often. When people look to the skies crying, "Why!?", and the MSM gods answer with "lax gun laws," it's hard to resist. Shootings or not, teachers across the country are dropping from the work force.

The gun debate is perfect. Gun violence is so statistically complex that people can cherry pick their talking points forever. This only exists to create political dichotomy and to further the business of politics.

Waiting for our society issues and decay to be resolved is like waiting for the Messiah. Until then, we have to be prepared to make compromises. Especially if it's to avoid outright bans on classes of guns. I know, if you give an inch, they take a mile. But we have to be prepared.

9 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I don't know what the answer is. But I HOPE that if these shootings occur less, they'll leave law abiding citizens alone.  

You know that won’t happen.  Today’s compromise is tomorrow’s loop-hole.  

I would actually be ok if they opened up NICS to buyers/sellers for private sales.  Buyer does a BGC on themselves and seller verified.  No info about the firearm or the sale itself gets recorded.  A republican proposed that years ago but it was shot down by the democrats because they wanted FFL-based NICS (for the registry).  

I think they should teach a firearm safety course in school and offer it free as adult-education.  Incentivize it by providing a discount on a safe when you present your certificate.   

The media needs to stop glorifying these shootings and the shooter.  Memory-hole them and never mention their name.  Media-contagion is a thing.   

And, perhaps, if something is seen posted online that is a threat it should be reported to authorities and investigated.   Friends, family, class mates, should say something if they are concerned.  Perhaps a temporarily condition short of “involuntary commitment” should exist that can keep someone from buying after an investigation, and hearing until they get help.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

there are countless procedures that WE could easily put in place to reduce the ability of these kooks from gaining access to guns,  The reason they are not done is because WE want them implemented to prevent these shootings,   The left/democrats want THEIR procedures implemented for confiscation/infringement/denial.   democrats are not interested in stopping these shootings that is clear.

The personal NICS check mentioned above,  similar to a driver license abstract easily obtained from DMV could be a good check before selling a gun.    Run one on yourself ( for free ) and print it out with a timestamp for eligibility.

Just as the left embraces what they perceive as "climate change"  the country needs to start understanding that these things are going to continue to occur until OUR safety measures are put in place:

1.  arm teachers/school employees    ***

2.  end these gun free fantasy zones

3.  allow cops to do what they are supposed to do,  cop shouldn't have to second guess his actions while making micro-second decisions in these situations.        pension and benefits and indictments shouldn't be the first thing on their mind.

the world has changed in the last 50 years with the indoctrination of kids in schools to communist teaching and it will take another 50 once we start undoing the damage that has been done. 

***  I am fed up with teachers saying " I didn't sign up for this",   well what the F*&K did you think the outcome was going to be with your left wing commie teachings.    you created the monsters, now deal with it.

• Agree 1

Walls, fences and barb wire around schools with one way in. These things keep bad guys in prison and should keep them out of schools.

Kill violent offenders, lock up the crazies, and lessen the gun restrictions in the all states. NICS doesn't stop criminals from getting guns. We need to stop the crazies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t believe restricting the law abiding citizen does anything at all to quell gun crimes. 
Criminals will steal, buy them on the black market, or have them straw purchased for them. 

I think ‘mental health checks‘ are a very dangerous slope. WHO gets to decide if you are mentally fit or not? And by what definitions? 

See this is where my dilemma comes in. They are both true, but the 1st paragraph is more difficult then just legally buying a gun to kill people. 

The second is why I'm hesitant against the same background checks I'd like to see. 

But you admitted the last background check you had was a phone call that took 2 seconds. Clearly that isn't enough as ALOT of the school shooters at this point have purchased their guns legally. 

Their is certainly a better middle ground then where we are at. And law abiding citizens won't be restricted. People who cut their own face and have hit lists in school hopefully will be. 

3 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Walls, fences and barb wire around schools with one way in. These things keep bad guys in prison and should keep them out of schools.

Kill violent offenders, lock up the crazies, and lessen the gun restrictions in the all states. NICS doesn't stop criminals from getting guns. We need to stop the crazies.

Yes let's send kids to schools designed like prisons because better background checks are too inconvenient. I can't get behind this logic. The issue is nics doesn't stop criminals from LEGALLY getting guns. Hence there is an obvious problem with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

But you admitted the last background check you had was a phone call that took 2 seconds. Clearly that isn't enough as ALOT of the school shooters at this point have purchased their guns legally. 

Anyone without a criminal background should pass the NICS check quickly. 

The shooters who bought their firearms legally passed the same way. The problem is, that you can’t  identify intent with a background check. 

So tell me, how do we make background checks ‘better’ so that we can determine the intent of the firearms buyer? 

We can’t see what’s inside someone’s mind. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, revenger said:

there are countless procedures that WE could easily put in place to reduce the ability of these kooks from gaining access to guns,  The reason they are not done is because WE want them implemented to prevent these shootings,   The left/democrats want THEIR procedures implemented for confiscation/infringement/denial.   democrats are not interested in stopping these shootings that is clear.

The personal NICS check mentioned above,  similar to a driver license abstract easily obtained from DMV could be a good check before selling a gun.    Run one on yourself ( for free ) and print it out with a timestamp for eligibility.

Just as the left embraces what they perceive as "climate change"  the country needs to start understanding that these things are going to continue to occur until OUR safety measures are put in place:

1.  arm teachers/school employees    ***

2.  end these gun free fantasy zones

3.  allow cops to do what they are supposed to do,  cop shouldn't have to second guess his actions while making micro-second decisions in these situations.        pension and benefits and indictments shouldn't be the first thing on their mind.

the world has changed in the last 50 years with the indoctrination of kids in schools to communist teaching and it will take another 50 once we start undoing the damage that has been done. 

***  I am fed up with teachers saying " I didn't sign up for this",   well what the F*&K did you think the outcome was going to be with your left wing commie teachings.    you created the monsters, now deal with it.

I agree with all of this. Your 1st paragraph is my main dilemma.  Any unbiased person can say the steps we have In place don't work. There's a way to make it better without neutering/taking things away. 

Truth is, If these shootings keep happening, They will keep taking things away and banning them. Parents don't want to send their kids to schools that look like rikers Island. We are in the minority here. If we as lawbiding gun owners don't make it harder for criminals to LEGALLY get guns, we will lose more rights. That's the point I'm making. 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

The shooters who bought their firearms legally passed the same way. The problem is, that you can’t  identify intent with a background check. 

So tell me, how do we make background checks ‘better’ so that we can determine the intent of the firearms buyer? 

Maybe some type of psyche evaluation like they do in Sweden and Norway. 

I can't imagine anything more then a 30 minute conversation with this kid or researching his social history posts could've stopped or delayed him from getting a gun. 

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

I can't imagine anything more then a 30 minute conversation with this kid or researching his social history posts could've stopped or delayed him from getting a gun. 

But WHO decides if you’re ‘mentally fit’ enough to own a gun? 

Can you see that as an extremely slippery slope? 

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

But WHO decides if you’re ‘mentally fit’ enough to own a gun? 

Can you see that as an extremely slippery slope? 

I do see that, but If criteria is concrete then there's less room for interpretation. 

Has this person self harmed?

Any history of threats?

There's no denying the steps in place don't work if this nut got a gun in the time it takes to make a phone call. If they don't make it harder, and these shootings keep happening, they will take everything at some point. It's that simple. Parents don't want to see kids getting shot weekly on the news. 

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

I do see that, but If criteria is concrete then there's less room for interpretation. 

Has this person self harmed?

Any history of threats?

There's no denying the steps in place don't work if this nut got a gun in the time it takes to make a phone call. If they don't make it harder, and these shootings keep happening, they will take everything at some point. It's that simple. Parents don't want to see kids getting shot weekly on the news. 

Do you trust a government official to make those determination? 
Does this official have an anti gun agenda? 

Im not crapping on you. I just see the huge potential for the ‘mental health eval’ to be abused by the government. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Do you trust a government official to make those determination? 
Does this official have an anti gun agenda? 

Im not crapping on you. I just see the huge potential for the ‘mental health eval’ to be abused by the government. 

Unfortunately this is still the dilemmna I have. I agree with you.  That's why this is an issue. Here we have so many anti gunners due to situations like this. In Sweden and Norway, it's not as prevalent because these shootings don't occur as often. It's almost like you have to cut down on these shootings to normalize gun ownership in this country. 

25 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Include juvenile arrest records in NICS,   this might stop some

include non-normal behavior in NICS ,  this might stop a few more,     Stop accepting these weird behaviors as normal as the left wants us to.  Sorry folk's   but all these psychos all display some non-normal weird behavior prior to their actions,  this kook was no exception.        a process for entering this will have to be developed by US as well as way to have it removed if warranted in the future.

go to any mall and observe, purple hair and weird makeup on a male= NOT NORMAL 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, revenger said:

Include juvenile arrest records in NICS,   this might stop some

include non-normal behavior in NICS ,  this might stop a few more

This I can agree with, but again, how much potential does this have for abuse? 

28 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Bad idea. First, what would the criteria be for prohibiting based on this evaluation?   Second, No doctor would actually sign off on it.  They wouldn’t take the liability. 

9 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Right.  Define “non-normal”.  Does it include not using the “correct” pronoun?  Refusing to mask?   Putting ketchup on steak?

18 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

That's why this is an issue. Here we have so many anti gunners due to situations like this. In Sweden and Norway, it's not as prevalent because these shootings don't occur as often. It's almost like you have to cut down on these shootings to normalize gun ownership in this country.

The comparison to Sweden/Norway is too simple.  They have a very different culture and population.  
Id say the idea of a mental health check to purchase a firearm would get more traction if people trusted the government and one party specifically not to take advantage of it for their own agenda.  

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Our institutions would have to develop and administer a procedure for young people who have or had in the past displayed non-normal behavior.    Something similar to the way Amateur radio licenses are issued by the FCC, a group of volunteer examiners give the test and do the scoring.    maybe a modified version of this?

• Agree 1

The other problem with the mental health pre-screening is the government can limit the accepted doctors (sound familiar?)

They could easily charge high prices and lock people out due to cost or time.

Our whole legal system revolves around assuming innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and NICS should reflect that.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Our whole legal system revolves around assuming innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and NICS should reflect that.

This.  
Of course you mean the real legal system and not the court of public opinion where you’re guilty because you’re accused.  

Look at the Israelis, Their method, Not sweden or norway! Israelis are taught to look at the eyes. in airports and on the streets. The eyes are a dead giveaway! When I was working in a brick and mortar we could and did refuse anyone that was acting or looked crazy. eyes are a giveaway.

12 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I hate to say it..........A felon can do a F2F transfer in Texas, that's troublesome to me!

Not legally they can’t.  They can’t legally possess, in order to sell, or take possession after they buy. 

So ignoring the legalities, a felon can do a F2F transfer anywhere. 

• Agree 1