82flh

new gun regulations coming!

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, I know it’s Yahoo news, but here is a bit of info on what’s being considered for ‘improved’ background checks. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-gun-negotiators-hit-snag-194330282.html

Im actually not that butt hurt about considering juvenile records in NICS checks. 

While many kids do stupid shit when they are young, I think the record needs to be considered. 

The way I read it is that juvenile records would only be part of the check if you’re under 21.   Basically the record would “stop” at 18 but only get sealed at 21.   This kind of makes sense.  There is no reason a 18 year old kid’s background shouldn’t include stuff before 18.  There’s nothing else to go on.  At the same time a 40 year old can’t be jammed up for something they did at 15.  

29 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

It is disturbing that Republicans aren't puttng National Reciprocity in the Senate bill. 

Yes, but completely expected. You can't forget that for Republicans (read: RINOS) 'compromise' is a one way street that leads to Democrats.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, father-of-three said:

It is disturbing that Republicans aren't puttng National Reciprocity in the Senate bill.  That would at least give the impression of a give and take compromise, which of course would need to include nonresident licenses.

They didn't do it when they had control.  I thought they might have pretended to push it as a compromise this time around since they know it has a snowball's chance, but they don't even care enough to pretend in going through the motions. 

• Agree 1