82flh

new gun regulations coming!

11 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

And I'd like to know how they're going to link micro stamped brass to the person who pulled the trigger.

Or will the just put the gun in jail?

Exactly the problem. I dare anyone to find a single instance of this used to convict a violent criminal.

28 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

And I'd like to know how they're going to link micro stamped brass to the person who pulled the trigger.

Or will the just put the gun in jail?

Sounds like the only way this could work is if they had a comprehensive gun registry.  I guess we already have one in NJ.  Anyone know if the same is true in NY?

9 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Sounds like the only way this could work is if they had a comprehensive gun registry.  I guess we already have one in NJ.  Anyone know if the same is true in NY?

Handguns are registered in New York, as well as whatever falls into the category of an “assault weapon” that had to be registered after the SAFE Act was implemented. Anything that qualifies as a “firearm” needs to be registered.

Long guns like your Winchester 94 or your Mossberg shotgun, do not fall into the category of a firearm. It’s been a while since I looked at their penal code, things may have changed. They certainly did today.  

Does anyone know for sure if the micro stamp is indeed on the firing pin? If that's true, then the stamp is on the primer, not the brass case.

And I thought of changing out the firing pin too. You know, while I'm ripping off Fort Knox or something. Then go home, and put the original back in.

Case closed!

And BTW, when Biden said the other night he wanted to limit all guns to five rounds, does that mean we turn in (almost) all our revolvers?

18 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Does anyone know for sure if the micro stamp is indeed on the firing pin? If that's true, then the stamp is on the primer, not the brass case.

And I thought of changing out the firing pin too. You know, while I'm ripping off Fort Knox or something. Then go home, and put the original back in.

Case closed!

And BTW, when Biden said the other night he wanted to limit all guns to five rounds, does that mean we turn in (almost) all our revolvers?

I think it's on the firing pin and the breech. According to California law, it has to be in at least two places. I don't know if it's the same in NY, but it could become that way.

Note: Kamala Harris is the person that cleared the ban to take full effect in California. In 2014, S&W and Ruger both announced they will stop selling new handguns in CA due to the ban. 

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I think it's on the firing pin and the breech. According to California law, it has to be in at least two places. I don't know if it's the same in NY, but it could become that way.

Note: Kamala Harris is the person that cleared the ban to take full effect in California. In 2014, S&W and Ruger both announced they will stop selling new handguns in CA due to the ban. 

they gonna stop selling to leo agencies out there too?

11 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

in CA, Law Enforcement is exempt.

doesn't matter. that wasn't the point. they're willing to stop selling to the citizenry, but will continue to sell to leo there? if they truly wanted to make a statement, they wouldn't sell to anyone for any reason within the borders of that state. if they're still selling to leo, then they're virtue signaling.

or just protecting their bottom line....but the point is.......i can't sell to civilians, then fook you i won't sell my product to  anyone in your godforsaken state.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

So, who wants to Red Flag Hunter?

Yeah, I know it’s Yahoo news, but here is a bit of info on what’s being considered for ‘improved’ background checks. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-gun-negotiators-hit-snag-194330282.html

Im actually not that butt hurt about considering juvenile records in NICS checks. 

While many kids do stupid shit when they are young, I think the record needs to be considered. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, I know it’s Yahoo news, but here is a bit of info on what’s being considered for ‘improved’ background checks. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-gun-negotiators-hit-snag-194330282.html

Im actually not that butt hurt about considering juvenile records in NICS checks. 

While many kids do stupid shit when they are young, I think the record needs to be considered. 

If the juvenile records were included in a background check, Gendron, Cruz & Roof may have been prevented from legally purchasing their firearms. 

i'm on the fence with the slippery slope crap and all.....but.......if they go into juvi records....they can't just look and see that little johnny knocked over a wawa when he was 12, but nothing since. they need to look for patterns. if little johnny tends to break into cars, stole a couple cats, and other bad stuff....he's showing a pattern.

but the whole thing with finding one single reason......buddy of mine beat the snot outta a couple police that barged into his parents house unanounced waaayyyyy back in the 70's. hasn't done a dam thing wrong since then. yet....he still can't own a firearm or vote. that's not right.

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm on the fence with the slippery slope crap and all.....but.......if they go into juvi records....they can't just look and see that little johnny knocked over a wawa when he was 12, but nothing since. they need to look for patterns. if little johnny tends to break into cars, stole a couple cats, and other bad stuff....he's showing a pattern.

but the whole thing with finding one single reason......buddy of mine beat the snot outta a couple police that barged into his parents house unanounced waaayyyyy back in the 70's. hasn't done a dam thing wrong since then. yet....he still can't own a firearm or vote. that's not right.

Give 'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.  No go for me.

As for your buddy, he can always try to get an expungement.

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I don’t disagree in principle. 

I think the nature of the juvenile offense needs to factor into it. 

Little 15 year old Johnny violently carjacks someone, or assaulting someone, is a lot different than defacing a water tower with a can of spray paint. 
Those things need to be taken into consideration, but I’m not objecting to juvenile records being factored into the equation. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CMJeepster said:

Give 'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.  No go for me.

As for your buddy, he can always try to get an expungement.

i've suggested that to him. he says at this point he's too old....he's almost 70.

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t disagree in principle. 

I think the nature of the juvenile offense needs to factor into it. 

Little 15 year old Johnny violently carjacks someone, or assaulting someone, is a lot different than defacing a water tower with a can of spray paint. 
Those things need to be taken into consideration, but I’m not objecting to juvenile records being factored into the equation. 

maybe a trade. nationwide true constitutional carry in exchange for letting them have that.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've suggested that to him. he says at this point he's too old....he's almost 70.

maybe a trade. nationwide true constitutional carry in exchange for letting them have that.

That brings up a point that kinda chaps my ass…

We are all told that the Republicans come to ‘compromises’ on gun control. 

What exactly do we get out of the compromise? If you’re not sure, I’ll tell you…..we get fucked. 

Im down with nationwide Constitutional Carry as a compromise in this case. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Any "red flag" deal has to have an appeals process for me to take it seriously...

And severe punishment for fraudulent or malicious false accusations.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Any "red flag" deal has to have an appeals process for me to take it seriously...

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

Exactly.

and it needs to be a family member. none of this neighbors or employers or fellow employees being able to do that bs.

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said.

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

That brings up a point that kinda chaps my ass…

We are all told that the Republicans come to ‘compromises’ on gun control. 

What exactly do we get out of the compromise? If you’re not sure, I’ll tell you…..we get fucked. 

Im down with nationwide Constitutional Carry as a compromise in this case. 

bear in mind i said "true" constitutional carry. that means that we can carry our stuff anywhere any time. none of this shiit saying not within 1k ft of a school, not on govt property, not near <insert whatever they come up with>. none of that shiiit. we're allowed to carry everywhere all the time.