45Doll

NJ Plastic Bag Ban Is A Flop

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but the amount of single use surgical mask litter on the roads far beats the amount of plastic bags I’ve seen prior to the bag-ban. They should investigate that.  

In the meantime the water in Trenton sucks but the legislators don’t care because they drink bottled waters on your dime. I installed a Water Filter system in May 2018 because of ongoing lead issue. It’s a three stage system and I change the filters twice a year. Here an image from this past May from the water captured in stage 1. Maybe their little Public Safety committees should explore that as a real Safety issue vs these stupid anti-gun laws for people that actually follow the laws and this other BS like bag laws...

filter1.JPG.b3438327045b89dd9b7a5841a2ada148.JPG

• Informative 1
  • Crazy 1
  • Sad 1

In practice, the law will force consumers to use significant quantities of heavier, more resource-intensive, stitched-handle bags. Whether due to duplicative purchases when shoppers inevitably forget their bags or the steady stream of stitched-handle bags sent to consumers through grocery delivery services, it’s possible the law will actually increase consumption of plastic – the direct opposite of what supporters hoped to achieve.

Example: we tend to order everything from curb side pickup at our nearest supermarket. Every order nets us a new collection of these "reusable" bags, whether we ask for it or not. Now we have a growing pile of these things.

I prefer the Costco approach: boxes.

32 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Example: we tend to order everything from curb side pickup at our nearest supermarket. Every order nets us a new collection of these "reusable" bags, whether we ask for it or not. Now we have a growing pile of these things.

I prefer the Costco approach: boxes.

Yep, they're piling up for everyone who uses curbside or home delivery.

Murphy has succeeded in making re-useable bags disposable.

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

Yep, they're piling up for everyone who uses curbside or home delivery.

Murphy has succeeded in making re-useable bags disposable.

The law of unintended consequences always applies. 

Everything liberals touch turns to shit. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FXDX said:

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but the amount of single use surgical mask litter on the roads far beats the amount of plastic bags I’ve seen prior to the bag-ban. They should investigate that.  

The root cause of the problem is that people litter.

Banning bags to stop litter is the same as banning guns to stop people from getting shot.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So how's that plastic bag ban working out Phil? Oh...

Murphy’s N.J. bag ban increased plastic consumption, state carbon footprint (savejersey.com)

Yeah. 3 to 6X more.

Another liberal solution at its finest! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Murphy’s N.J. bag ban increased plastic consumption, state carbon footprint (savejersey.com)

Yeah. 3 to 6X more.

I'm not surprised.

The ban had NOTHING to do with the environment.  It was all about optics and politics.

Murphy wanted to show that he was 'strong on environmental issues' so he did something that was a big news event, but ultimately zero (or NEGATIVE) impact on the actual cause he was purportedly championing.

Same with EVERY piece of gun legislation he supports.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

I'm not surprised.

The ban had NOTHING to do with the environment.  It was all about optics and politics.

Murphy wanted to show that he was 'strong on environmental issues' so he did something that was a big news event, but ultimately zero (or NEGATIVE) impact on the actual cause he was purportedly championing.

Same with EVERY piece of gun legislation he supports.

:)

7 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Yeah. 3 to 6X more.

His ban certainly effected me.....I had to buy a case of 1,000 on Amazon just to say FPM!   It felt good!:)

81+tgzbvoSL._SX522_.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Not once at drive thru just handed to me and inside store they are on shelf, some stores have the paper type.

My favorite are the paper straws ... wrapped in cellophane

• Haha 1

this was only a flop in the eyes of any conservative constitutionalist,  for the communists in trenton this was a resounding success.

they tested the wills of businesses to follow their orders and they won total control.

the communist only cares about total control,  not success.  

• Agree 1