Downtownv

Another Year, The NRA will NOT be getting my $$$

19 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

There may be a good reason.  I trust Anthony Colandro!

Met Anthony a number of times, been to the range numerous times to shoot and take classes, wish him all the best of luck with the new facility, If I had a business, don't think I could support such a corrupt (NRA) association. Everyone needs to take care if their own, But I don't own one. So I wouldn't know.

Maybe there is a good reason we don't know which is definitely possible,  either way I will still support GFH, and others, But for now not the NRA

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Met Anthony a number of times, been to the range numerous times to shoot and take classes, wish him all the best of luck with the new facility, If I had a business, don't think I could support such a corrupt (NRA) association. Everyone needs to take care if their own, But I don't own one. So I wouldn't know.

Maybe there is a good reason we don't know which is definitely possible,  either way I will still support GFH, and others, But for now not the NRA

I appreciate that. I cannot comment while there is an active case. It’s pretty simple for most to understand. 

Ant. 

• Like 1

Stumbled on this thread looking for something else. Nevertheless I think a question is warranted. Here we are, more than a year after the assurances of NRA changes for the better in the near future. I see nothing posted since, and I have not heard of any changes for the better in that organization. So, what did change? Anything? Was a new thread started to document NRA developments, rather than posting about them here? I think I know the answer, but I also think it's worth revisiting. I also find it extremely interesting that a forum search for "NRA" yields ZERO results. I had no such issue when searching for "NAGR", which was how I came upon this thread. Is that a search quirk, or is it possible that someone with forum administrative authority is somehow quashing search results on "NRA" to avoid negative comments here about that organization?

Showing results for 'NRA'. - New Jersey Gun Forums.pdf

Screw the NRA. 

I am a life member, but they will never get another dime from me. 
I put my $$ to GOA and others who are actually actively DOING something to recover our rights. 

The NRA is useless. 

28 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

is it possible that someone with forum administrative authority is somehow quashing search results on "NRA"

It is extremely rare that entire threads are killed for any reason and even less likely that NJGF management is actively quashing NRA related topics.

The reason you won't find much here is because nobody cares about the NRA outside the membership requirement to join many of the ranges in NJ.

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It is extremely rare that entire threads are killed for any reason and even less likely that NJGF management is actively quashing NRA related topics.

The reason you won't find much here is because nobody cares about the NRA outside the membership requirement to join many of the ranges in NJ.

I'll take your word that there would be no such nefarious intent, but your contention that a search for "NRA" produces no results because no one has mentioned it is implausible, sorry. In that case there probably is some defect in the forum indexing or the search tool itself. This very thread contains the string "NRA" at least a dozen times. It contains "NAGR" once - in your post. Why would that single mention be returned from a search,  but no mentions of "NRA"?

17 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

The search string is too short.  If you use a modifier like NRA AND membership or "NRA membership" , you will get pages of results.

OK, that makes sense. Is the length requirement documented anywhere that can easily be found from the search bar? If not, I suggest that it would be a good idea to do so. Alternatively, such a search could produce an error message similar to: "Your search produced too many results to display. Please narrow your search by providing additional criteria" which could be perfectly illustrated by giving your examples.

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/2023/10/26/nra-files-2022-audit/

...Over 2021-2022 dues income fell from $97 million to $83 million, a 15% drop that indicates a loss of around 350,000 annual members last year alone. Assets fell from $211 million to $174 million. Liability for notes payable and lines of credit nearly doubled, from $24 million to $43 million.

Long-term, over the last ten years (2012 – 2022), NRA’s overall revenues have fallen from $344 million to $213 million, a fall of nearly 40%.

The NRA is spending $20 million on legislative programs, and $19 million, almost as much, on executive office expenses. Also, it reports spending $12.3 million for settling lawsuits. ...

36 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/2023/10/26/nra-files-2022-audit/

The NRA is spending $20 million on legislative programs, and $19 million, almost as much, on executive office expenses.

Wayne, and a few of his cronies, have got to go.

34 minutes ago, 10X said:

Wayne, and a few of his cronies, have got to go.

I have been saying this for years. I send money to local organizations that actually do something, and don't show up in Armani suits (which we paid for). The NRA needs to wake the F up. As its membership ages out, it will continue to decrease in size and relevance. But Wayne and his cronies don't care, as long as they get theirs. 

And Wayne is in the news again. While I am no fan of Letitia James, this may be what it takes to pry Wayne's fat ass out of the throne.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/01/02/lapierre-longtime-n-r-a-leader-faces-trial-that-could-end-his-reign/

Much has changed since Ms. James began investigating the N.R.A. four years ago. The organization, long a lobbying juggernaut, is a kind of ghost ship. After closing its media arm, NRATV, in 2019, it has largely lost its voice, and Mr. LaPierre rarely makes public pronouncements. Membership has plummeted to 4.2 million from nearly six million five years ago. Revenue is down 44 percent since 2016, according to its internal audits, and legal costs have soared to tens of millions a year.

Legal observers think Mr. LaPierre will be hard pressed to convince the judge that he should keep his job, given the revelations that have surfaced.

the only reason nra has ever gotten any of my money is due to the required membership for club membership where i like to shoot outside.......considering that they essentially laid the foundation for the bullsht that we hafta deal with now, i don't have much love for them.

• Informative 1