Mrs. Peel

Mass Shooting Averted... Will MSM cover THIS Story?

Guy opens fire on an outdoor party - a woman at the event who was carrying dropped him right there. Yikes. You're unlikely to see this story on CNN or MSNBC, etc.... but DGU's really DO need to be part of the national conversation!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/west-virginia-woman-fatally-shoots-gunman-who-opened-fire-on-party-guests/ 

• Like 3

Nope.  Nor will they cover the THOUSANDS of other times each and every year that defensive gun use occurs.  And THOUSANDS of times per year is at the low end if the estimates.

I've discussed it in the past in various threads but if you aren't familiar with how often firearms are used defensively each and every year then please do a little "googlefu" to look into it.

The low end estimates are DGU (Defensive Gun Use) is at least equal to the estimate of criminal usage.  At the higher end it's in the hundreds of thousands.  Real number is probably something the middle.

A very important point to keep in mind is that the vast majority of DGU (95+% or close to it) occurs without a shot ever having to be fired.

Restricting private gun ownership would create THOUSANDS of new victims each and every year.  

• Like 2

Why isn't this in the national news cycle?

https://www.wral.com/woman-credited-with-stopping-mass-shooting-at-apartment-complex-in-west-virginia/20306891/

Woman credited with stopping mass shooting at apartment complex in West Virginia

Where are all the important details?  White Supremist?  Clean record?  Non-Binary Defender?  Gun Free Zone for the lawful?  Prius  parking lot rage?  Perhaps this doesn''t fit the narrative exactly? 

What will the RINOs and Democrats bent on curbing liberty in this nation, Manchin or Graham come to mind, or say irrelevant and compromised Wayne LaPierre or even "Lets Ban Bump Stocks" Trump all have to say in the coming hours? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Doesn't surprise me that the story is from West Virginia.

EVERYONE carries in WV!!!!

I was there this past weekend to help my wife's family with a move and I saw LOTS of people (men, women, old, young...) with guns printing through their clothes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.