StephenNJ73

Recommendations for outdoor range in NJ

So, I snoozed and lost since I am now learning that the Fort Dix range is closed. I’m looking through this forum and struggling to find an open outdoor range that is open to the general public.  

Is there any other outdoor ranges open in NJ that don’t require hefty up front membership fees? Don’t know if it matters, but I’m a military veteran, if there is a range that offers deals to veterans. Thanks in advance. 

Absolutely. South jersey shooting club. 

3 hours ago, rifleman said:

You get what you pay for and Central Jersey in Jackson is well worth the money. Excellent facilities, great people and you can do things on your own. It's 100% safe and well run by "The Management".

Great club.  But management. Fudds and assholes as of 4 years ago. From experience 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Shooters in Little Egg Harbor has an outdoor range that goes out to 150 yards that is open to the public.

fyi..... Shooters is $20 per person. $200 for an annual family membership. Steel at 150 yards. No handguns outdoors

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StephenNJ73 said:

So, I snoozed and lost since I am now learning that the Fort Dix range is closed. I’m looking through this forum and struggling to find an open outdoor range that is open to the general public.  

Is there any other outdoor ranges open in NJ that don’t require hefty up front membership fees? Don’t know if it matters, but I’m a military veteran, if there is a range that offers deals to veterans. Thanks in advance. 

13 minutes ago, antimatter said:

Did i miss something?  When did fort fix/range 14 close?

Doesn't look like they're closing.  The range-14.com website is closing down at the end of the year - everything's being done now on the Joint Base MDL website.

https://www.gomdl.com/range-14

https://87fss.com/web31/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html

On 6/8/2022 at 9:10 AM, Krdshrk said:

Doesn't look like they're closing.  The range-14.com website is closing down at the end of the year - everything's being done now on the Joint Base MDL website.

https://www.gomdl.com/range-14

https://87fss.com/web31/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html

I think Range 14 is hurting themselves with their actions over the last few years. Since this covid crap, reservations are STILL required??  And there is STILL no walkon/daily customers allowed? Are masks STILL required? LOL. Covid is OVER and they've since increased their rates again and NOW they're closing their website? I never made it over there to shoot and I'm not sure if I want to now.

Edited by Krdshrk
Removed ad. For sale items must go in classifieds.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:11 AM, Old Glock guy said:

Shooters in Little Egg Harbor has an outdoor range that goes out to 150 yards that is open to the public.

I have been here as well. Outside and inside. They kicked me off the outside range because I was having troubling zero'ing in my AR at 50 yards. I hit the target a couple of times, but I may have had a dodgy scope on it. So the big, bad, Shooters employee came over to me and said in a real loud tone, Don't you think that's enough son? So I talked back to him with the same loud tone, NO, I'm perfectly fine, thank you. Then he said, "If you can't hit the target there's no sense in being here". I told him I was zero'ing  in my setup for 50 yards and needed some hits and misses. After that, I just left. He usually drives a white pickup truck. I do think he's an idiot. In the end, after complaining I was compensated. Why would one of these guys even do that? People are there to do many things. First time shooters. Trying a new gun. All different types of things. I felt like giving him an open hand slap right there.