always_an_eagle

We are heading into rough waters

3 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Maybe the fucking lobbyists will get up off the couch and start fighting again.  House passes gun control bill after Buffalo, Uvalde attacks (yahoo.com)

Let’s hope the filibuster holds up

• Like 2

Of course background checks, and age limitations will work 100% of the time, right?  Police say brothers — 11 and 14 — broke into gun store, stole 22 weapons (msn.com)

What Matthew McConaughey Gets Wrong on Guns | Opinion (msn.com)

"In general, a 2016 DOJ study found that only "1.3% of prisoners obtained a gun from a retail source and used it during their offense." And a University of Pittsburgh study concluded that four out of five criminals get their weapons on the black market."

On 6/9/2022 at 8:58 AM, always_an_eagle said:

Let’s hope the filibuster holds up

It will if the GOP toes the line. 

I mean the DNC keeps frothing at the mouth to remove it, but the last weeks polling is... bad for them is not a sufficient description. And that is not including the fact that one of the polls came up 60% against a new AWB. 

Biden approval is at record lows. Democrat approval is at low. They are looking at numbers that if they keep up even for just most of the time between now and midterms means that the largest political party will be independents and the second largest will be the GOP. Then there was the poll telling them they dropped below 50% approval among black voters and that their approval is shit amongst young voters and young male voters in particular. 

The only thing going for them is the change in voting maps over the last year and the fact that a lot of the challenge races are empty seats rather than incumbents who were directly involved in the current shit show. 

But they like accusing the GOP of being evil and committing fraud when they adopt the tactics of the DNC. What they really mean is they are scared that the lead time has shrunk form half a decade to months, and that the GOP may be more effective at it. 

Removal of the filibuster would be handing the GOP a blank check.

I second (or actually third on this thread) about our best friend the filibuster holding strong.  I'm not surprised the House voted the way they did.  I'm pretty sure one of the R's that voted for it is Fitzpatrick from Bucks county, who acts and votes like a D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I'm pretty sure one of the R's that voted for it is Fitzpatrick from Bucks county, who acts and votes like a D.

The NJ RINO voted for it.   yeah NJ will get carry someday ... :facepalm:

• FacePalm 1

Well, a 'bi-partisan agreement' was announced today, and Cocaine Mitch agrees to it. I wonder what 'compromises' the Democrats made?

President Biden urges Congress to pass bipartisan gun framework: ' | Fox News

10 GOP Signed on:
Cornyn
Tillis
Blunt
Burr
Cassidy
Collins
Graham
Portman
Romney
Toomey

RINOs all.

It's better than I expected, but it does suck that only R's have to give.  I did find it surprising that anti gun Booker signed onto it.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/06/12/bipartisan-gun-control-deal-announced-no-assault-weapons-ban-no-raised-minimum-rifle-age/

• Informative 1

16 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Who cares about evidence? The less impactful the laws the better! This is all to rile up political divide, so whether they pass or fail they still win. And then ultimately, the people will fight to have their own rights revoked when it's not doing enough.

• Agree 1

Wenstrup: Gun Control is the Wrong Debate (yahoo.com)

“A Justice Department study published in 2019 showed that only 7% of federal prisoners who were in possession of a firearm at the time of their crimes had purchased the gun from a licensed firearm dealer. Half of federal prisoners who’d carried guns during their offenses had either stolen their firearms or bought them on the black market,” the Washington Examiner points out.

------

Can somebody please tell Congress about this?

19 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Wenstrup: Gun Control is the Wrong Debate (yahoo.com)

“A Justice Department study published in 2019 showed that only 7% of federal prisoners who were in possession of a firearm at the time of their crimes had purchased the gun from a licensed firearm dealer. Half of federal prisoners who’d carried guns during their offenses had either stolen their firearms or bought them on the black market,” the Washington Examiner points out.

------

Can somebody please tell Congress about this?

They know. 

Keeping guns out of the hands of the criminals is NOT the goal. 

Making law abiding citizens INTO criminals…IS. 

• Agree 2