always_an_eagle

We are heading into rough waters

25 minutes ago, CJack said:

Can Congress make laws that are against US Constitution ?

The short answer to your question is yes.

Some legislatures and other law-making bodies pass laws and ordinances that are questionable and unconstitutional knowing that they don't really like or care about the current rule of law, and that it will take a significant amount of time before those laws are struck down by the court system. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-push-1st-semi-automatic-172301252.html

"This is a uniquely American problem, and assault weapons only magnify the epidemic,” Cicilline said during the committee hearing".

Thats a lie. 

On a per capita basis the US has less mass shootings than many other countries.

Moreover, 400 or so people a year are killed in "mass shootings", of those only a fraction are shot with a semi-auto rifle.  

14 hours ago, Bomber said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-push-1st-semi-automatic-172301252.html

"This is a uniquely American problem, and assault weapons only magnify the epidemic,” Cicilline said during the committee hearing".

Thats a lie. 

On a per capita basis the US has less mass shootings than many other countries.

Moreover, 400 or so people a year are killed in "mass shootings", of those only a fraction are shot with a semi-auto rifle.  

You know that, and I know that, but the average low I.Q. person doesn't.

Raskin is so out of touch:  "A constitutional joke": Jamie Raskin destroys Republicans' 2nd Amendment fantasy (msn.com)

An endless arms race: How to fight the NRA's absurd solution to mass shootings
"My friend from Texas, Mr. Roy, advances the so-called insurrectionist view of the second amendment, that the second amendment's purpose is to give the people the right to overthrow or fight our government or fight the police or threaten armed resistance if the government is somehow being unfair or unjust," Raskin said. "This reading is totally and absolutely absurd and flies in the face of the place text of the constitution."

JFC:  AR-15 style guns sold as a sign of manhood as shootings rise (msn.com)

"While AR-15-style firearms aren’t necessarily the main drivers of U.S. gun violence overall, their design allows shooters to harm more people from a greater distance, said Kelly Sampson, senior counsel and director of racial justice with Brady, a group pressing to end gun violence that generally supports restrictions.

“If we renew the assault weapons ban, that would take away a key piece of what allows mass shooters to kill more people in less time without having to stop to reload,” she said."

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

JFC:  AR-15 style guns sold as a sign of manhood as shootings rise (msn.com)

“If we renew the assault weapons ban, that would take away a key piece of what allows mass shooters to kill more people in less time without having to stop to reload,” she said."

One of the worst mass shootings in the US was Virginia Tech with two Glock handguns and ten round magazines.

7 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Don't show up when congress calls, get harassed:  US panel subpoenas Smith & Wesson over assault rifle data -report (yahoo.com)

I've seen a lot in my news feeds about their sales, as if to shock the public. "Oh look at how much money they're making off of murder weapons!"

But the gun industry has some of the smallest margins out there. Whatever numbers they're trying to shock with are small potatoes compared to other industries. Plus 99% of these things just gather dust.

So, ARs and AKs are now SAWs? So we can have SAWs now? Where do I send the check?

"But the bill would allow current owners to keep grandfathered semi-automatic assault weapons, or SAW, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, or LCAFD. A summary of the bill states:"

15 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

So, ARs and AKs are now SAWs? So we can have SAWs now? Where do I send the check?

"But the bill would allow current owners to keep grandfathered semi-automatic assault weapons, or SAW, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, or LCAFD. A summary of the bill states:"

Ah retards.

I don't think they get something. Every time you try to scare people into compliance by criminalizing them, you might get some success, but you also get more criminals. 

I don't think they realize they pushed that line past the point where a significant number of those folks have the ability to manufacture the things you are banning. I don't think they get that compliance is always voluntary. Yelling comply or there will be violence only works up to the point where the people you are yelling it at accept your terms and choose violence. 

You would think with congress being made up of people older than dirt, they'd recall such classic hits as the IRA and the troubles, and the intelligence report on just how not armed up they were relative to the level of violence. 

1 hour ago, MartyZ said:

Ah yes, the mission creep of linguistical manipulation is almost complete on this front. Pretty soon the word assault won't be needed anymore as semi-auto has become synonymous with assault weapon. Just like illegal alien to undocumented immigrants. Which btw is morphing as we speak into undocumented drivers and soon to be undocumented voters.

17 minutes ago, siderman said:

Ah yes, the mission creep of linguistical manipulation is almost complete on this front. Pretty soon the word assault won't be needed anymore as semi-auto has become synonymous with assault weapon. Just like illegal alien to undocumented immigrants. Which btw is morphing as we speak into undocumented drivers and soon to be undocumented voters.

2 hours ago, siderman said:

Pretty soon the word assault won't be needed anymore as semi-auto has become synonymous with assault weapon.

Dude, I've been trying to get people to understand that for over ten years.  Once the scary black rifles get banned, then they turn their attention to every other SA, like the Ruger Mini, Remington 750 and even grandpa's Garand.  They will point out, in a reverse argument used by AR owners for decades, that there is no functional difference between an AR and any other SA rifle.  The 2A community has said "there is no difference between an AR and gramps' blued rifle with a straight wood stock.  The retardocrats took that to heart.

• Like 1

Now the term is military-style:

Why a military-style weapons ban may do little to stop crime (msn.com)

"Guns that fall into the “assault weapons” category are indeed used in just a fraction of crimes, data show.

According to an analysis from the National Institutes of Health, “most estimates suggest less than 7%” of the firearms used for “crime in general” were "assault weapons."

Rifles, on the other hand, were responsible for fewer homicides in 2020 than knives or a perpetrator’s fists and feet. Rifles, which typically fall into the loosely defined "assault weapons" category, were specified as the weapon in less than 3% of homicides in 2020. Handguns were specified as the weapon in 45% of homicides."