silverado427

NJ voter fraud

Well it looks like there might have been some voter fraud in the NJ elections.  Maybe Jack really won, and Phildo stole the election

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/8239-new-jersey-voters-registered-two-times-six-times-times-using-subtle-name-changes-33572-dont-valid-date-birth/

You don't say.

I've witnessed people blatantly bragging about voting multiple times in multiple districts AT the polling place. Nobody does anything, and it's not clear there is anything they could do. As far as I can tell it would require proactive maintenance and policing prior to the day of. 

26 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

You don't say.

I've witnessed people blatantly bragging about voting multiple times in multiple districts AT the polling place. Nobody does anything, and it's not clear there is anything they could do. As far as I can tell it would require proactive maintenance and policing prior to the day of. 

"Nobody does anything . . . "

What did YOU do?

19 minutes ago, EdF said:

"Nobody does anything . . . "

What did YOU do?

The first time? Pointed it out to the poll workers and asked them if they were actually going to let her vote. The answer was yes. There's not much else to be done. Cops won't do anything about it, and not having identifying info means nobody will take it seriously if you complain about it.  To make it more fun, they were not, in fact going to let me vote. Despite having been registered to vote since high school, and voting in every election since, I had been removed from the roles and was not in the book. So they forced me to cast a provisional ballot, which is seldom if ever counted. Except when I went to the county clerk's office to sort it out they were of the opinion I was actually registered and on the roles. Thus began a three year saga of getting my voting rights back.  This was in Middlesex county by the way, and occurred in the first election after they went to bar codes.  I'm beyond not shocked their FOIA/OPRA request came up with lots of fucky goings on there. 

During that time I hassled a lot of people and did a lot of digging on how things work. The upshot of it is that the state isn't interested in fixing the problem, even if you approach things as a systemic process issue rather than corruption. And a chunk of this stuff IS first and foremost a process issue, although they very much will try to keep the process a secret. 

At the most basic level, if you have been registered to vote, and have moved, you can likely just go to your old polling place and vote again. If you changed counties when you moved, the odds of that goes up. The roles simply aren't maintained well, if at all, and they certainly aren't justified across the state as they should be. 

Is this a conspiracy? Probably not. However, it is exploitable, and those who are likely to want to exploit it are in a position to influence if anyone ever actually makes the effort to clean up the roles. Was it designed to be exploitable? Who knows. It's totally feasible it was designed by people who were shitty at their job prior to even dated IT tools that would make such things trivial. 

On top of that, the people who could be whistle blowers are the people who are very easily blamed, since what should be happening is actually supposed to be happening. The primary concern of the non partisan bureaucrat is to affirm that they are doing an excellent job and to do that with the least effort made.  This is state and federal. They do not want to listen to you unless you have something so well documented and concrete, that their concern shifts from appearing competent and effective to distancing themselves from the guaranteed explosion of shit. The closest I was able to make that happen was getting a clerk who had just told me everything was fine and there was nothing they could do to then turn around and actually fix my problem after showing them I had a stack of documentation that things were in fact not fine and working. 

Media does not want to listen to you unless you have done all the homework and possibly not even then if they hold differing political views than those people affected. They certainly aren't interested in digging into suspicious looking stuff to find out if it is incompetence and systemic systems breakdown or corruption. 

I had my well documented situation, which nobody wanted to hear about. I eventually found three other people who had the same issue. That's still too small for anyone to care about. This predated social media, so there was no place to go make a stink and find more people to make that number bigger. Hell, it barely overlapped with OPRA existing in NJ. I doubt I'd find the same suspicious stuff now as the vote by mail laws would have negated the need for that mechanism. 

And I would suggest fucky stuff is still going on in middlesex. Last election, I had to show ID to vote. Why? The only legal reason to require ID to vote is if my information in the book is incomplete, or I failed to provide acceptable ID when I registered to vote (you'd think that would be handled by just saying no, come back with ID, but hey.... I'm sure the process suits someone's agenda). The thing is... anything that legitimately requires you to show id should force you to cast a provisional ballot in NJ. No provisional ballot. 

It was done to tons of people. You could prove it 100%. It'd just be answered with... well the poll workers are all temps they misunderstood the training. Hell they weren't even accepting the very broad and lax set of items that would count as ID. They were insisting on state issued picture id after initially requesting DL. 

So what do YOU do about it? And what are your grand ideas for what I should be doing about it?

• Informative 2

So why didn't Jack call or make some noise about wanting a recount?? Everybody knows the same happened to Trump. 10:00 PM all the fakes came in! Then Jack concedes! Was a deal made???

7 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

So why didn't Jack call or make some noise about wanting a recount?? Everybody knows the same happened to Trump. 10:00 PM all the fakes came in! Then Jack concedes! Was a deal made???

IMO, he didn't want to look like a Trump clone.

• Sad 1

@raz-0 . . . So, what you did was . . . Nothing?  The police wouldn't do anything?  You may have gotten an incident report as documentation of your complaint. 

You then go on to write several paragraphs about your problem, which IS serious but has nothing to do with the original post.

When you see something, say something.  Call your county GOP leadership from the polling place.  If you don't have that information try to get a hold of one of the candidates.  When I was running for assembly last year, I spent most of a Saturday afternoon, at an early polling location because someone reported problems with a voting machine.  Then, on election day, I received a call from my aunt who has lived in the same house for 30 years and was told that she was not on the roles.  I met her at her polling place and the problem was resolved in about 20 minutes.  She was on the role and she was allowed to vote.  Later, I received a Facebook message from someone that I went to HS with and he was having the same problem.  I called our county chairman and that problem was resolved as well.  

I found out later that many of these problems happen due to changing district and ward boundaries.  That doesn't account for anywhere near ALL of the problems but it makes sense when the poll worker said you were not "in the book" but the county clerk said you were registered.  You were likely in another book and you are likely still there.  

On 6/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, 15636215 said:

Recounts cost a lot of money.  You have to put up a bond and if the election results aren't overturned OR if there is less then a 10% move, the requester foots the bill.

You have to consider the likelihood of winning and look at what eventually happened around the country.  Tell me what difference would have been made.

The real problem for Jack was the lack of support from the right.  That election could have been won but for the infighting in the party AND the lack of national attention.  Hannity has pointed out that he and others should have paid more attention to NJ and Jack might have pulled it out.

21 minutes ago, EdF said:

@raz-0 . . . So, what you did was . . . Nothing?  The police wouldn't do anything?  You may have gotten an incident report as documentation of your complaint. 

You then go on to write several paragraphs about your problem, which IS serious but has nothing to do with the original post.

When you see something, say something.  Call your county GOP leadership from the polling place.  If you don't have that information try to get a hold of one of the candidates.  When I was running for assembly last year, I spent most of a Saturday afternoon, at an early polling location because someone reported problems with a voting machine.  Then, on election day, I received a call from my aunt who has lived in the same house for 30 years and was told that she was not on the roles.  I met her at her polling place and the problem was resolved in about 20 minutes.  She was on the role and she was allowed to vote.  Later, I received a Facebook message from someone that I went to HS with and he was having the same problem.  I called our county chairman and that problem was resolved as well.  

I found out later that many of these problems happen due to changing district and ward boundaries.  That doesn't account for anywhere near ALL of the problems but it makes sense when the poll worker said you were not "in the book" but the county clerk said you were registered.  You were likely in another book and you are likely still there.  

It has nothing to do with boundaries. Once fixed I was back in the very same book. My family residing at the same address was in the book. 

The police not doing anything wasn’t theoretical, they were told and literally refused to do anything. 

As for contacting the gop etc. this was my first encounter with the system being shit. I have a lot better understanding of how things work now. I still doubt they would have done anything given it was a single individual and i didn’t have a name. The oil workers could have provided a name at the time, but as stated they didn’t give a shit. 

I didn't say that ALL problems like this are caused by moving boundaries.  But, the fact that you ended up in the same book doesn't make that impossible. 

OK . . . The police didn't do anything.

I understand that most people don't know that they can reach out to their representatives on election day.  That's why I explained it.  

Someone from your county committee would have shown up even though only one person was reporting only one person potentially voting illegally.  They would have been able to question both poll workers those in charge and they may have been able to locate the voter in question in the books. 

None of this means that a satisfactory outcome would have been reached that day.  But, remember, Democrats keep insisting that there are no problems because there are few reports and fewer charges filed.  This is one end of what is needed in order to initiate change.

6 minutes ago, EdF said:

But, remember, Democrats keep insisting that there are no problems because there are few reports and fewer charges filed.  This is one end of what is needed in order to initiate change.

Sadly this is similar to the DC laws and rules that were overturned in Heller. At that time you could have a handgun in DC if it was registered. However, the DC authorities provided no means to register any handgun - a defacto ban - but they could point to the number of applications to register a handgun (zero) and say "See, no-one wants a handgun"

When the people running the polls refuse to log complaints and then later point to the lack of complaints filed as proof of an honest system, what are you supposed todo?

56 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

When the people running the polls refuse to log complaints and then later point to the lack of complaints filed as proof of an honest system, what are you supposed todo?

Keep complaining and keep working for change.

Or, just give up.  

• Like 1