Krdshrk

Battleship New Jersey

I've got a cigar event at the Battleship New Jersey Thursday Evening... I've never been there.

Has anyone been there?  Within the past couple years?  Wondering about security - should I be disarming (pocket knife, pepper spray) or do you think I'd be able to carry them on board?

Nothing's mentioned about this on their website.

Went there back in May for an event with a YT creator. While I wouldn't really recommend it, there's no metal detectors or anything like that on there. So if you accidentally bring it aboard I'm sure no one will really care too much as long as you don't make a spectacle of it. 

I've been to it several times and never seen anyone checking or asking, i don't recall metal detectors either, plus i aways have a pocketknife on me and never an issue, with that being said if you never been youll enjoy it , you can grasp the size of the ship and rifles from pics or tv, the turrets are as big as my house and this is 1940's  technology enjoy your trip,

IM000680.JPG

33 minutes ago, planenut said:

Went there back in May for an event with a YT creator. While I wouldn't really recommend it, there's no metal detectors or anything like that on there. So if you accidentally bring it aboard I'm sure no one will really care too much as long as you don't make a spectacle of it. 

Yeah - I saw a sign but there were no metal detectors or any type of security.  I had gone to an event on the USS Intrepid in NYC and there's metal detectors, security bag check, etc.  Much more relaxed on the New Jersey.

That was a great event I went to - they fired one of the 5" side cannons.  I think they said July 4th they'll fire the 16" guns.

53 minutes ago, Redeye65 said:

You will enjoy the visit, took a tour a few years back and was just in AWW thinking this massive ship roamed the earth. Pictures just don’t cut it…

Unfortunately for the event I went to, the ship was closed off except the deck.  However, it was pretty awesome.  They did fire off one of the 5" guns too.

288875522_10166250231320573_622781549388