JohnnyB

Value of a Colt 1860 Army?

I checked the serial # with Colt and the description from colt matches the gun except Colt says there was a naval battle scene engraved on the cylinder. Their cylinder engravings were not very deep but upon a closer look,  I can see some the engraving though 95% has been polished away throughout the years. The gun is 100% Colt with all matching parts.

Well it is non matching...the cylinder is not to that pistol..the last digits don't match the serial..  check the wedge and arbor for the frame serials as well....

Most of the finish is gone...  gotta check the cylinders to ensure they are solid and not rusted through....nipple rusted in?

Going on a limb and say about a grand....but I am not an expert in old Colts...

• Thanks 1

Has your B-I-L had the grips off? Sometimes there is a name of a previous owner or more markings. Just a thought, I always loved those old Colts. Mis-matched numbers current condition, a quick guess a thousand as some else mentioned. Horse Solider in Gettsyburg Pa may have some in their inventory since they specialize in antique firearms such as this one.

• Like 1