45Doll

A PROGRESSIVE Unequivocally Defends The 2nd Amendment

Although perhaps she's more of a converted progressive now. It's Naomi Wolf, a former darling of the left who has classically gained wisdom as she has aged. Thus awakened, she has written as full throated a defense of the 2nd Amendment as I have seen anywhere, cast in contrast to her former progressive views. And includes a full explanation of why it's needed more today than ever before.

You need to read this.

"The last thing keeping us free in America, as the lights go off all over Europe- and Australia, and Canada - is, yes, we must face this fact, the Second Amendment. I can’t believe I am writing those words. But here we are and I stand by them."

Rethinking the Second Amendment (substack.com)

Cross posted on PAFOA.

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

The reasons for her change of heart are even more amazing than the change itself.  

I've enjoy quite a bit of her writing over the years even I usually disagreed with her completely.  

I don't know if this will create even a ripple on the left but I would like to help spread the word.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 45Doll said:

You need to read this.

Yes, that was a great read (particularly the detailed analysis of the 2A's verbiage w/examples from the era - frankly, I've never seen a better explanation. I guess leave it to a writer to really dissect the language, lol). But, I think that article was also yet another plug for Substack and similar independent subscription services for writers - allowing them to self-publish directly to a following of paid subscribers. Because frankly, had she been writing for a major American newspaper (with rare exception), I believe this piece would NEVER had made it past the Editor. It would have been cut entirely, or watered down so significantly as to be unrecognizable.  And that's because there are many core freedoms under attack these days - the 2A certainly, but also the 1A for instance. 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Because frankly, had she been writing for a major American newspaper (with rare exception), I believe this piece would NEVER had made it past the Editor.

You got that right Emma! The Deep State Media is alive and well!

So it's up to us to spread the word when we hear it. Far and wide!

• Like 1