CMJeepster

Delaware: Knee-jerk reactions become law

Delaware lawmakers pass historic gun legislation, including ban on sale of assault weapons (yahoo.com)

"For House Bill 450, the debate lasted for two hours and twenty minutes, significantly longer than the typical debate for most bills. The legislation would make it illegal to make, sell, purchase or possess assault-style weapons, including AK-47s and AR-15s."

"The General Assembly also passed legislation that would define and ban "large-capacity magazines" as a firearm with a capacity to hold more than 17 rounds of ammunition."

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Delaware lawmakers pass historic gun legislation, including ban on sale of assault weapons (yahoo.com)

"For House Bill 450, the debate lasted for two hours and twenty minutes, significantly longer than the typical debate for most bills. The legislation would make it illegal to make, sell, purchase or possess assault-style weapons, including AK-47s and AR-15s."

"The General Assembly also passed legislation that would define and ban "large-capacity magazines" as a firearm with a capacity to hold more than 17 rounds of ammunition."

What they might not be able to do Federally they can and will do at the state level - someone said that here once....  ;)

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

One of the senate co sponsors stated that the shooter "...killed 19 kids and left them unidentifiable."

Did i miss something? How were the victims unidentifiable by the shooter? A quick net search had lots of information about the victims.

The shooter Head shot the kids.  

27 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

notice they changed the wording to "assault style" where they used to keep saying "assault"?

I thought the same thing, assuming so called "assault style" term was a workaround for the "official" definition regarding those evil features.

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

notice they changed the wording to "assault style" where they used to keep saying "assault"?

No tue new word are.... SEMI AUTOMATIC WEAPONS...  the goal.posts moved they feel they have momentum

• Agree 1

They combined NJ, MD, and sprinkled in a little CA laws and shoved it up our a$$ in DE they also, which wasn’t mentioned in that article, passed starting up a P.O.C. process like NJ nics

so instead of them just running the fed background where I get a truly “instant”  response of 7-13 seconds from submission it’ll be some intentional bogging down of the process by a biased state employee and days or weeks as a means to throttle back sales of the things not banned like NJ …

also the “grandfathering”  has a couple cute caveats that they didn’t mention in that article… in regards to the ar/aks….“the burden of proof lies on the individual to prove he  legally possessed the military style assault kid, unborn baby, kitten, puppy killing banned weapon prior to enactment of the legislation  to avoid felony prosecution” 

so a person that has purchased items for 25+years, moved multiple times, realizing all sales are final, and really didn’t see a need to keep a receipt that fades to blank paper for their wife to “see” is  now screwed… 

in regards to the “grandfathering” of greater than 17 round mags… it’s is only for Delaware concealed carry holders… and the exemptions are for active LE/Mil not retired/separated in good standing/prior service or anyone else that is in a weapon carrying position  but not a “sworn law enforcement officer”  etc… 

so those that didn’t “need” a cc permit prior and did t have one are screwed… and while de does issue more than nj…. It’s all dependent on the persons county prothonotary and superior court judge discretion… I’ve know a a large number of people that were denied for nonsensical reasons 

not to mention that being they tied this to a permit received from a  questionable approval process it didn’t receive as strong an opposition because all the current permit holders felt … “well it’s messed up but I’m ok so I’m not that worried” however in a “may issue” state it’s not not a far stretch to envision that there are new more stringent guidelines for issuance that are more inline with NJ “may issue” and  the when current permit holder attempt to renew they will  not be reissued….it’s already being pushed in the back rooms of the DE house/senate that there are too many people with permits….so I can see that in the future as well

DE was always a weird situation… Democrat controlled but not on gun control bs….. I guess with all the NJ/NY/MD people migrating here fleeing taxes etc they brought their liberal bs and now we are NJ west lol

15 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

They combined NJ, MD, and sprinkled in a little CA laws and shoved it up our a$$ in DE they also, which wasn’t mentioned in that article, passed starting up a P.O.C. process like NJ nics

so instead of them just running the fed background where I get a truly “instant”  response of 7-13 seconds from submission it’ll be some intentional bogging down of the process by a biased state employee and days or weeks as a means to throttle back sales of the things not banned like NJ …

also the “grandfathering”  has a couple cute caveats that they didn’t mention in that article… in regards to the ar/aks….“the burden of proof lies on the individual to prove he  legally possessed the military style assault kid, unborn baby, kitten, puppy killing banned weapon prior to enactment of the legislation  to avoid felony prosecution” 

so a person that has purchased items for 25+years, moved multiple times, realizing all sales are final, and really didn’t see a need to keep a receipt that fades to blank paper for their wife to “see” is  now screwed… 

in regards to the “grandfathering” of greater than 17 round mags… it’s is only for Delaware concealed carry holders… and the exemptions are for active LE/Mil not retired/separated in good standing/prior service or anyone else that is in a weapon carrying position  but not a “sworn law enforcement officer”  etc… 

so those that didn’t “need” a cc permit prior and did t have one are screwed… and while de does issue more than nj…. It’s all dependent on the persons county prothonotary and superior court judge discretion… I’ve know a a large number of people that were denied for nonsensical reasons 

not to mention that being they tied this to a permit received from a  questionable approval process it didn’t receive as strong an opposition because all the current permit holders felt … “well it’s messed up but I’m ok so I’m not that worried” however in a “may issue” state it’s not not a far stretch to envision that there are new more stringent guidelines for issuance that are more inline with NJ “may issue” and  the when current permit holder attempt to renew they will  not be reissued….it’s already being pushed in the back rooms of the DE house/senate that there are too many people with permits….so I can see that in the future as well

DE was always a weird situation… Democrat controlled but not on gun control bs….. I guess with all the NJ/NY/MD people migrating here fleeing taxes etc they brought their liberal bs and now we are NJ west lol

Rhode Island this week voted on some measures that will soon hit the Governor’s desk for signing.

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/politics/2022/06/14/ri-gun-control-laws-senate-committee-vote-high-capacity-magazines/7621677001/

Does anyone else find it academically ironic that the more restrictive these liberal politiciticians attempt to make possession of a certain firearm, magazine or feature, the more likely it will be legally challenged?  Yes, they may pass it and have that temporary sense of having done “something,” that reaction may cause there legislation to be struck down forever….

Is there not a magazine capacity challenge that is pending?

The group of infringements will be signed into law as they’re turning off the lights at the end of this session June 30th…. Returning in January by then plenty will have surrendered their legally owned property to avoid prosecution 

12 hours ago, pjd832 said:

The group of infringements will be signed into law as they’re turning off the lights at the end of this session June 30th…. Returning in January by then plenty will have surrendered their legally owned property to avoid prosecution 

I predict that a lot of people will be boating this summer.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, pjd832 said:

My bet is that pretty close to zero people will surrender anything to anyone.