HuntingPaper

Magazine coupler

41 minutes ago, HuntingPaper said:

Thank you Nick!

No prob.  I use them a bunch and it's solid - save you a few bucks too

33 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I have a couple of these as well.  Really like them.  Need to order a few more.

Yep - Get at least a 3 pack!

55 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

is it actually easier/quicker to swap mags with these than just dropping the one outta the well as ya grab the fresh mag and load it in? seems to me it'd be slower with having to pull it out, flip it, then load it in......

It's not just that - most mag pouches don't hold 10 round mags easily - they're built for 30's.  With 2 PMAG 10's coupled together, they fit perfect in 30 round mag pouches so you can index and grab easily.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

https://www.rjkventures.com/products/ar15-m4-m16-mag-coupler

I use these with my PMag 10's - works great.  Also a lot cheaper than the Cross ones.

I have those as well. They're great for using in mag pouches. 

58 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

Is everyone confidant that an overzealous cop or prosecutor wouldnt classify your mag as one 20 rounder?  I would not like to be the test case.

The key word in the statute is "continuously." As you have to remove the mag, rotate it and then re-insert it, there is no way anyone of sound mind could think that this meets that requirement.

I have always had my doubts about the statute anyway. How can anything be "continuously" fed into a semi-automatic? That would be a harder sell, and I don't have the funds to be a test case.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

I have always had my doubts about the statute anyway. How can anything be "continuously" fed into a semi-automatic? That would be a harder sell, and I don't have the funds to be a test case.

“Continuous” was language first added to New York’s SAFE Act in 2013. Its intent was to close the door on belt-fed semi-auto’s like AR15’s and 1919’s. Yes, such things exist  

What happens elsewhere finds its way here. 

Just now, FairbanksRusty said:

“Continuous” was language first added to New York’s SAFE Act in 2013. Its intent was to close the door on belt-fed semi-auto’s like AR15’s and 1919’s. Yes, such things exist  

What happens elsewhere finds its way here. 

The definition in NJ predates 2013 by a long way. They updated it a to make it worse, but even when it was 15 rounds it still included the underlined text

2C:39-1  Definitions.
   2C:39-1.  Definitions. The following definitions apply to this chapter and to chapter 58:

y.   "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. The term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

11 hours ago, Tunaman said:

Is everyone confidant that an overzealous cop or prosecutor wouldnt classify your mag as one 20 rounder?  I would not like to be the test case.

Those people need to trip into a wood chipper. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Bumping, these still nj legal? Target sports won't ship them to me!

I found the design files to 3-D print these couplers. I will try it out. I need to order some black PLA first. These are for Magpul.

• Like 1

I have a bunch of those RK couplers, they’re ABS. I’m curious how you make out with PLA+ my guess is they wouldn’t survive being dropped but you could beef up the sides where they catch the groove on the mag body

Did they recommend to print standing up on its end or anything? Thats how I would do it anyway

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

I have a bunch of those RK couplers, they’re ABS. I’m curious how you make out with PLA+ my guess is they wouldn’t survive being dropped but you could beef up the sides where they catch the groove on the mag body

Did they recommend to print standing up on its end or anything? Thats how I would do it anyway

I use Overture Professional. Stronger than the usual PLA+. Yes I printed it standing up. It came out great!

IMG_20231210_172543527_MP.jpg

IMG_20231210_172457790_MP.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

What's everyone's opinion on these? Personally I like them.  I'm a little concerned with the bottom mag being exposed, but I guess it only really becomes a problem if I'm crawling in the dirt.  I might throw some in the go bag. 

were you able to get some yet? If not, I would be happy to print a few for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

What's everyone's opinion on these? Personally I like them.  I'm a little concerned with the bottom mag being exposed, but I guess it only really becomes a problem if I'm crawling in the dirt.  I might throw some in the go bag. 

They work well.  I have seen the first round start bouncing out on the bottom mag but then again I was using it in the Extar so it's got some downward kick.

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I got some, haven't shot them yet though! Conceptually I like them, but we'll see if that carries over into usage.

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

They work well.  I have seen the first round start bouncing out on the bottom mag but then again I was using it in the Extar so it's got some downward kick.

I think I'll get annoyed if this happens. I'm going to hopefully try it out soon. I'm nervous the RSOS at rtsp will complain about them so I'm waiting for a day to go to obrpc..

11 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I got some, haven't shot them yet though! Conceptually I like them, but we'll see if that carries over into usage.

I think I'll get annoyed if this happens. I'm going to hopefully try it out soon. I'm nervous the RSOS at rtsp will complain about them so I'm waiting for a day to go to obrpc..

Hasn't happened with any other of my ARs I've used it in... Just the concussion indoors with the Extar and the way the brake pushes the muzzle down hits it just right I guess.

I've used it at Recoil, GFH, and Union Hill and no RSO's have said a peep - not sure why RTSP would.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I don’t think the RSO’s at RTSP will complain since they sell those adapters at their store. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:08 PM, JohnnyB said:

Are you concerned that your making parts for a firearm (isn't the magazine considered part of the firearm in NJ)? What are the NJ legal consequences?