ESB

Can you sell a completed gun that you built

I built an other from a stripped lower.  I want to sell it so I can build a lightweight other.  Can I sell the whole thing complete or do I have to sell it as parts minus the stripped lower?  I thought I read somewhere that its kind of a grey area selling guns that you built.  I want to make sure I don't run into any possible issues.  Thanks.  

You can sell an other - it's still a firearm.  Even the lower is considered a firearm.  You completed assembly on a firearm that was already transferred to you as a firearm - so you're fine.

You can't sell a firearm that's built (manufactured) from scratch and un-serialized (unless you have a manufacturing license here in NJ).

• Agree 1

On 6/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, Krdshrk said:

You can't sell a firearm that's built (manufactured) from scratch and unserialized (unless you have a manufacturing license here in NJ).

Even if you do have a manufacturers licenses in NJ is it not a violation of NJ and federal law to sell an unserialized firearm?