45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

5 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

Anyone still think that someday you'll get the right to carry in NJ?

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could very well happen again. Could they pass some or all of these bills? It's possible, we will deal with it when and if it happens. I suspect many of these bills will be modified a few times.

5 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Nope - never in 1Million years - 

SO LEAVE! why even post if you don't care and you believe there is no chance?

5 hours ago, siderman said:

Any doubts now if NJ will go quietly into the night or go out kicking and screaming should the pending scotus case go favorably?

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

Ye of little faith let's take this one day at a time shall we. 

• Agree 2
  • FacePalm 1

26 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could very well happen again. Could they pass some or all of these bills? It's possible, we will deal with it when and if it happens. I suspect many of these bills will be modified a few times.

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

mg02ydxvobrqq3ux1fne.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

I don't care how broad or narrow the scotus ruling may be,  these proposals- retreads or not- are a pro active aggressive anti 2A stance, a shot across the bow so to say considering the timing of the forthcoming ruling. Instead of waiting for a ruling NJ decides to announce these hearings and purposely aggravate the 2A community. 

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

D.C. has granted but 8000 permits, with 60% of those going to non-residents (mostly commuters from VA & MD) 

D.C. residents continue to lag behind and wait. 700k+ residents live in D.C. 

6 hours ago, siderman said:

Any doubts now if NJ will go quietly into the night or go out kicking and screaming should the pending scotus case go favorably?

I can see the New Jersey government promising to disregard and resist a supreme court decision supporting carry outside the home and promising to prosecute those who carry.

1 minute ago, FairbanksRusty said:

D.C. has granted but 8000 permits, with 60% of those going to non-residents (mostly commuters from VA & MD) 

D.C. residents continue to lag behind and wait. 700k+ residents live in D.C. 

Yes.  Calling DC "shall issue" is still a bit of a stretch in my opinion. It's an improvement over New Jersey, but not much.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I can see the New Jersey government promising to disregard and resist a supreme court decision supporting carry outside the home and promising to prosecute those who carry.

Impossible!  They can't simply disregard a supreme court ruling!

46 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Impossible!  They can't simply disregard a supreme court ruling!

What would be the consequences if they did disregard a Supreme Court ruling and how long would it take for those consequences to be executed?  

Yes, this is the highest level of the court, but it could be similar to the mayor and city council of Pittsburgh purposefully disregarding state law and intentionally passing unlawful ordinances that were eventually overturned, but it was not a quick process.  The answer will likely be to enact what DC was forced to do, but I don't see New Jersey complying that quickly.

33 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

What would be the consequences if they did disregard a Supreme Court ruling and how long would it take for those consequences to be executed?  

Yes, this is the highest level of the court, but it could be similar to the mayor and city council of Pittsburgh purposefully disregarding state law and intentionally passing unlawful ordinances that were eventually overturned, but it was not a quick process.  The answer will likely be to enact what DC was forced to do, but I don't see New Jersey complying that quickly.

There are a number of options, not a lot of them great. Probably the most likely to be unable to be avoided or gamed forever would be a lawsuit for damages. Escalated to the circuit it would leave nj jurisdiction. Then you could go straight to the bank to have assets seized. 

There is also, technically, a path to the insurrection act, commandeering the national guard, and taking over the situation if a pro 2a president is in charge that wants to make ny or nj eat shit hard.

Less hard would be using the rico act against anyone involved with violating the ruling and deprivation of rights.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

There are a number of options, not a lot of them great. Probably the most likely to be unable to be avoided or gamed forever would be a lawsuit for damages. Escalated to the circuit it would leave nj jurisdiction. Then you could go straight to the bank to have assets seized. 

There is also, technically, a path to the insurrection act, commandeering the national guard, and taking over the situation if a pro 2a president is in charge that wants to make ny or nj eat shit hard.

Less hard would be using the rico act against anyone involved with violating the ruling and deprivation of rights.

In other words..........You don't F@#K with the Supreme Court!

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

In other words..........You don't F@#K with the Supreme Court!

I, too, would love to see New Jersey anti gun democrats who proudly, no... arrogantly, wear their feelings on their sleeve for all to see, be ideologically brought to their knees by a conservative Supreme Court Ruling. 

I think Murphy is a cunning guy who knows he has the majority of the New Jersey government on his side to mold and interpret rulings as he sees fit.  As much as I hate saying this, there will likely be a whole new bunch of second amendment workaround tactics if we get a pro 2A ruling.  This is the state that has banned plastic bags.  Yes, New Jersey government needs to comply with whatever is decided, I just don't  see them quietly agreeng.  This is a group of people whom I believe are pretty much known for disregarding laws they disagree with.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could 

Ok...

Boarding a flight now to Charleston to check out a few things where we are looking before driving to fla..to play with a Mouse...  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Wow!

I know I disliked it when Trump's quotes  were frequently chopped up and purposefully taken out of context.  Please quote my entire sentence next time.  I'm not quite sure why you had to dig to take me out of context.

Sorry, but love him or hate him, he's an smart and cunning guy who has screwed over gun owners including you and me many times.  Previous laws, pending bills, and permits not being processed in 2020... these are not accidents by an incompetant fool, even though it may feel good to call him names sometimes.

We'll see if a Supreme Court decision slows him down or stops him.