45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

51 minutes ago, NickySantoro said:

Who is going to enforce this gun storage law and still expect to live to see their retirement? Some of us are old men who know the business of killing and are not going to be pushed back one more inch.

The fact is they cannot enforce it...at all.

Enforcement is by those willing to accept it....consent of the governed...

Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:12 PM, 45Doll said:

Any red lines here for anyone?

WED: Assembly Dems to Take Your Gun Rights - Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs (anjrpc.org)

Mods: Thanks for the move to the correct place.

Yeah, the storage issue as it was already struck down in Heller.  FPM

On 6/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, FXDX said:

So currently the topic has 6 replies & 171 views so that begs the question how many of the forum warriors acted in accordance with the simple ANJRPC request to send the email?  

I sent my e-mail opposing the five bills ANJPRC stated was scheduled to be heard tomorrow.  I got an e-mail today for NJ2AS stating there were four additional bills scheduled for Wednesday as well. 

Nationally, the only way this turns out favorably for us is if the U.S Supreme Court states exactly what the requirements are to get a concealed carry permit. However I doubt that they would ever go into that level of detail.

• Informative 1

10 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

I sent my e-mail opposing the five bills ANJPRC stated was scheduled to be heard tomorrow.  I got an e-mail today for NJ2AS stating there were four additional bills scheduled for Wednesday as well. 

Nationally, the only way this turns out favorably for us is if the U.S Supreme Court states exactly what the requirements are to get a concealed carry permit. However I doubt that they would ever go into that level of detail.

Nationally, CCW is already favorable. It's a handful of states that are problematic. 

They don't need to be that specific. Simply state it shall not be discretionary, and any disqualifying parameters must be objective, and exceptional. Or better yet state that anyone who is not disqualified from owning a firearm (keep) shall not be forbidden by a permitting process form carrying it (bear). Slap that on top of strict scrutiny, and NJ can fuck around, but they will find out in court. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

NJ just had its "we don't care if you're eligible under LEOSA, you still have to get a NJ carry permit, and you can't carry hollowpoints" restriction struck down:

NEW: FLEOA v. Grewal (D. NJ): Federal judge rules that LEOSA preempts New Jersey's laws requiring retired police obtain a state permit before carrying guns and prohibiting them from carrying hollow point ammo.

The judge also ruled that the law enforcement org plaintiffs had associational standing to challenge the laws and cited NYSRPA v. NYC to rule that the state's new guidance (issued after the start of lawsuit) does not moot the case.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.njd.434536/gov.uscourts.njd.434536.60.0.pdf

unknown.png

------

unknown.png

-----

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

I wrote to the NJ legislature critters:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please vote against any and all of the proposed legislation to restrict firearms and body armor that is being pushed through the NJ legislature.

These proposals will have no material effect on law-breakers except to make more people unwittingly break these new laws:- people who have no intention on doing any harm to anyone.

Firearms are not something to be feared. The people who would use them to harm others are what should be feared and dealt with.

If someone has shown themselves to be a violent offender, separate them from society by locking them in jail. If for some bizarre reason, you really believe it is better for everyone to have repeatedly convicted criminals walking free in public it only makes sense for those of us who are not criminals to maintain our inherent right to defend ourselves with whatever tools necessary from the criminals that you refuse to lock up. It is well proven that criminals will obtain firearms and other weapons regardless of any background check you inflict on honest citizens. By backing gun control legislation and restrictions on body armor (which can ONLY be used defensively, by the way) you are signally that you want more of the honest public to become victims of the criminals you refuse to jail.

It saddens me to see such un-American behavior by people who purport to be representatives of the citizens of New Jersey. This the complete opposite of why I became a US citizen.

Thank you for your consideration,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Bills coming to NJ Assembly Judiciary committee tomorrow (Wed 06/22):

https://nitter.net/pic/orig/media%2FFVvoWjmXoAA2RWf.jpg

"Safe Storage" bill removed, will not be heard. Body armor ban and FID/permit training requirement added.

Those idiots tried again, but apparently someone already pointed to the Heller decision.  Fuck them for all of this!

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

"Safe Storage" bill removed, will not be heard. Body armor ban and FID/permit training requirement added.

I hope I don't have to store my body armor next to my 15 and 30 round magazines in Pennsylvania.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

FID expiration and training requirements.   What a crock of shit.  

• Agree 2

Oh, in my last batch of emails I included an argument against A2215 without realizing it was already dropped. Ah well, will serve as education!

It's not enough that they pull detectives out of work to run the same background check on people that they'll have a few days later when they actually buy a gun. No, we have to do it over and over again for everyone until the end of time!

No matter how you feel about guns, none of this crap does any good for anyone!

16 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Please SCOTUS, release BRUEN ASAP so the NJ legislature gets so consumed trying to prevent legal carry they forget all the rest of this B.S.

Bruen isn’t going to save NJ. Half a century of an anti-gun culture is not going to be turned on its head overnight. 

As usual, last minute warning from the ANJRPC over what’s cooking in Trenton. Leaves just enough time for a handful of the one million gun owners of New Jersey to flood the internet with negative memes of Gov. Murphy and his teeth. 

Until you have people who can be taken seriously from the pro-gun side, advocates who can sit at a collective bargaining table and reach agreements face to face; nothing will ever change. I haven’t heard one negative comment yet from Jack C. or Philip R. on this subject. 

Phil has been on a roll since he announced his candidacy in 2016. 

• Agree 1

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/06/murphy-touts-his-agenda-in-2m-ad-blitz-from-dark-money-group.html

You may see more of Gov. Phil Murphy over the next few weeks, thanks to a $2 million ad blitz from a “dark money” group aiming to tout his agenda and raise his profile.

This also comes as Murphy is rumored to be a potential candidate for the 2024 Democratic nomination for president if President Joe Biden does not run for re-election. Murphy has repeatedly downplayed a White House bid, though he has not ruled out running if Biden does not.

4 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

I haven’t heard one negative comment yet from Jack C. 

Has anyone heard a peep out of Citarelli, about anything, since the dems pulled the late night ballot dump trick on him in November? 

27 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Has anyone heard a peep out of Citarelli, about anything, since the dems pulled the late night ballot dump trick on him in November? 

I just checked and he is very active!  Check out his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Jack4NJ

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Bruen isn’t going to save NJ. Half a century of an anti-gun culture is not going to be turned on its head overnight. 

As usual, last minute warning from the ANJRPC over what’s cooking in Trenton. Leaves just enough time for a handful of the one million gun owners of New Jersey to flood the internet with negative memes of Gov. Murphy and his teeth. 

Until you have people who can be taken seriously from the pro-gun side, advocates who can sit at a collective bargaining table and reach agreements face to face; nothing will ever change. I haven’t heard one negative comment yet from Jack C. or Philip R. on this subject. 

Phil has been on a roll since he announced his candidacy in 2016. 

Are you Nostradamus? Do you posses a time machine that you use to go into the future to hear verdicts before their issued?

How are you so certain that SCOTUS won't make a broad ruling that effects the remaining 6 or 7 states that are still "may issue". Why

can't you understand that NJ, CA etc cannot simply ignore SCOTUS rulings. Could NJ enact training requirements and fees to 

compensate? Sure! It will slow us down but, it won't stop us. Those who are determined like myself will go through any training and

spare no expense for this. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, FairbanksRusty said:

D.C. has granted but 8000 permits, with 60% of those going to non-residents (mostly commuters from VA & MD) 

D.C. residents continue to lag behind and wait. 700k+ residents live in D.C. 

Did you pull these numbers out of thin air? I did some research and could not verify any definite number of carry permits issued in DC since they got carry. There are some various estimates made 2 or 3 years ago but, no definite numbers. Verification of how many permits have been issued in the last 3 or 4 years seems impossible to find as well. Secondly, 700k residents may live in the DC area, but we don't know how many applied since their "good cause" requirement was struck down. We also cannot verify how many applied and were denied after the law change in the past few years. The fact is we simply don't know! The only thing certain is that they (DC) issued 1000's more permits while NJ issued like a 200.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, dilbert1967 said:

I sent my email as well, briefly describing my objections to all of the bills.

ANJPRC makes this very easy to do, by supplying talking points and cut-and-paste email address lists.  You can email all 120 or so members of the assembly and senate in a matter of minutes.   I encourage everyone to do so, no matter how little effect it might have in this state. 

I received 10 automatic replies almost immediately upon sending my email; most said that due to the high volume of email received, I might not get a personal response for several days, but if I had emailed my position on pending legislation, my position had been noted.

Assembly members Brian Bergen, Kevin Rooney, Mike Doherty, and Gerry Scharfenberger emailed back that they would be opposing the bills.  None of the Senators have responded thus far.

None of the authors or supporters of the bills bothered to respond.

If past experience is any indication, I'll get a few more replies over the next week, but will hear nothing from most of those contacted.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

ANJPRC makes this very easy to do, by supplying talking points and cut-and-paste email address lists.  You can email all 120 or so members of the assembly and senate in a matter of minutes.   I encourage everyone to do so, no matter how little effect it might have in this state. 

I received 10 automatic replies almost immediately upon sending my email; most said that due to the high volume of email received, I might not get a personal response for several days, but if I had emailed my position on pending legislation, my position had been noted.

Assembly members Brian Bergen, Kevin Rooney, Mike Doherty, and Gerry Scharfenberger emailed back that they would be opposing the bills.  None of the Senators have responded thus far.

If past experience is any indication, I'll get a few more replies over the next week, but will hear nothing from most of those contacted.

I got the same responses from the same people as you, everybody else just an automated message. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, 10X said:

Senator Doherty seems to be a stand-up guy and may be one of the true few conservatives in Trenton.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

Did you pull these numbers out of thin air? I did some research and could not verify any definite number of carry permits issued in DC since they got carry. There are some various estimates made 2 or 3 years ago but, no definite numbers. Verification of how many permits have been issued in the last 3 or 4 years seems impossible to find as well. Secondly, 700k residents may live in the DC area, but we don't know how many applied since their "good cause" requirement was struck down. We also cannot verify how many applied and were denied after the law change in the past few years. The fact is we simply don't know! The only thing certain is that they (DC) issued 1000's more permits while NJ issued like a 200.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-residents-trying-to-obtain-concealed-carry-permits-seeing-lengthy-delays.amp

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

Did you pull these numbers out of thin air? I did some research and could not verify any definite number of carry permits issued in DC since they got carry.

Not the source I would have preferred, but they refer to "data" and not "estimates":

03/13/2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/thousands-of-people-have-obtained-permits-to-carry-loaded-concealed-guns-in-public-in-dc/2020/03/13/c63415dc-6468-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html

More than 4,000 people have obtained gun permits from the D.C. police department to carry loaded, concealed firearms on the streets of the nation’s capital, according to data released this month.

The surge in permits comes after a separate ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that struck down a key provision of the city’s law in 2017 that had required residents to show a “good reason” to carry a firearm outside the home.

Before the decision, there were only 123 active licenses, and D.C. police denied 77 percent of applicants for failing to provide the required “good reason.”

D.C. police have since signed off on 4,808 permits, according to data the department provided March 5 to council member Charles Allen (D-Ward 6), who chairs the judiciary and public safety committee. Permits expire after two years, and there are 4,147 active license-holders, according to the department’s records division.

The numbers were released this month, before gun shops around the country began widely reporting increases in sales to consumers fearing possible coronavirus-related upheaval.

https://newjerseymonitor.com/2022/06/23/assembly-panel-moves-on-package-of-gun-control-bills/

The measures that passed Wednesday:

A509 — would raise the minimum age to purchase rifles from 18 to 21 years old.
    A1179 — would require gun owners who move from out of state to register their firearms and obtain a firearm purchaser identification card.
    A1302 — would create new regulations on ammunition sales.
    A1765 — would allow the state attorney general to bring legal action against gun manufacturers and retailers.
    A4366 — would prohibit certain .50 caliber rifles.
    A4367 — would upgrade certain crimes surrounding firearm manufacturing to second-degree.
    A4368 — would mandate gun manufacturers use micro-stamp technology to print serial numbers on firearms.
    A4369 — would bar possession and registration of body armor.
    A4370 — would require someone to receive firearm training to obtain a firearm purchaser identification card that must be renewed every four years.

The Senate Law and Public Safety Committee is expected to take up seven of the bills Thursday. The Assembly bills will head to the chamber’s appropriations committee for a vote Thursday before heading to the floor for a final vote by the full chamber.

• Informative 1
  • FacePalm 2