45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

18 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

JFC.  None of that will prevent violence.

And that is EXACTLY their point.

Not to prevent violence by criminals, but to turn law abiding citizens INTO criminals.

Then selectively punish them, just like holding Jan 6 trespassers in solitary confinement in the DC dungeon for a year and a half while letting REAL violent criminals back out on the streets to terrorize the public.

Crazy friggin world we're living in!

• Agree 1

The NJ legislature pressed on today:

https://newjerseyglobe.com/gun-control/n-j-gun-package-continues-advancing-as-supreme-court-guts-concealed-carry-laws/

"Most importantly, the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee approved seven gun bills backed by Gov. Phil Murphy, clearing them for a possible vote next Monday. (An eighth bill had already passed the Senate Judiciary Committee last week.) Six bills were also passed by the Assembly Appropriations Committee today, all of which previously came before the Assembly Judiciary Committee just yesterday."

"While Scutari appears committed to pushing for most of the governor’s gun package, two bills have been left behind. One that would raise the age for obtaining an FPIC from 18 to 21 cleared the Assembly Judiciary Committee yesterday but wasn’t posted in the Senate today; another that would add safe storage requirements for firearms hasn’t come up for a vote in any committee."

The details on all ten bills

Bills on track for passage

S1204 / A1179
This bill would require out-of-state firearm owners moving into the state to obtain a firearm purchaser identification card within 60 days; an amendment passed in committee today adds a 30-day grace period for first-time offenders.
Passed Senate Law and Public Safety Committee 4-1
Passed Assembly Judiciary Committee 3-1-1
Passed Assembly Appropriations Committee 6-4

S1893 / A1765
This bill would increase the attorney general’s ability to bring legal action against gun manufacturers and retailers who they determine to have “knowingly or recklessly endanger[ed] the public health and safety.”
Passed Senate Judiciary Committee 7-3
Passed Assembly Judiciary Committee 3-2

S2846 / A4367
This bill would upgrade various crimes related to the manufacture or transportation of ghost guns and other untraceable guns from the 3rd degree to the 2nd degree.
Passed Senate Law and Public Safety Committee 5-0
Passed Assembly Judiciary Committee 5-0

S2847 / A4369
This bill would prohibit the possession of body armor in most cases, and requires registration for those who do possess body armor.
Passed Senate Law and Public Safety Committee 3-1-1
Passed Assembly Judiciary Committee 3-0-2
Passed Assembly Appropriations Committee 5-4

S2903 / A1302
This bill would require those purchasing ammunition to show a driver’s license or other government issued photo ID; current law already requires them to show a firearm purchaser identification card (FPIC) or handgun permit. The original bill also established a reporting and tracking system for ammunition sales, but that was removed in committee and will likely no longer be a part of the bill.
Passed Senate Law and Public Safety Committee 3-0-2

S2905 / A4366
This bill would ban .50 caliber weapons by labeling them a “destructive device.”
Passed Senate Law and Public Safety Committee 3-2

S2906 / A4370
This bill requires additional training for those trying to obtain an FPIC, and makes FPICs expire after a certain period of time. The original bill set that time period at four years and included existing FPICs; committee amendments changed the period to ten years and excluded existing FPICs.
Passed Assembly Appropriations Committee 5-4

S2907 / A4368
This bill requires retailers to sell microstamp-enabled firearms, pending a decision from the attorney general about their commercial availability.

Bills likely nixed from package

S504 / A509
This bill would increase from 18 to 21 the age at which someone is eligible to receive an FPIC, meaning that most people under 21 would be ineligible to purchase or possess any type of firearm, with certain exceptions.
No action in Senate

A2215
The “Safe Storage of Firearms Act” would impose new requirements for the storage of guns, requiring that firearms be unloaded, placed in a gun safe or locked box, and stored separately from ammunition.
No action in Assembly or Senate

• FacePalm 1

42 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

https://newjerseyglobe.com/gun-control/n-j-gun-package-continues-advancing-as-supreme-court-guts-concealed-carry-laws/

"Most importantly, the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee approved seven gun bills backed by Gov. Phil Murphy, clearing them for a possible vote next Monday. (An eighth bill had already passed the Senate Judiciary Committee last week.) Six bills were also passed by the Assembly Appropriations Committee today, all of which previously came before the Assembly Judiciary Committee just yesterday."

"While Scutari appears committed to pushing for most of the governor’s gun package, two bills have been left behind. One that would raise the age for obtaining an FPIC from 18 to 21 cleared the Assembly Judiciary Committee yesterday but wasn’t posted in the Senate today; another that would add safe storage requirements for firearms hasn’t come up for a vote in any committee."

Not one of these bills will stop a criminal.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I'm  going to have to look up the Republicans  (I am assuming) who abstained from voting at least twice.

22 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Don't  see it, Hope it never happens.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Well isn't that what we said or assumed....?

They will make it virtually impossible to exercise this 'right'.....

It's all such a joke.

EVERYTHING they state is directly against the law abiding.....yet NOTHING they state STOPS criminals at all.....  they always want to bring sheep to the slaughter...  f'ing morons.

They infer that law abiding vetted citizens, that pose zero threat, are THE PROBLEM !  NOT the criminals.....

Cannot wait to get to a state that respects a citizens right to self defense.....  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MartyZ said:

Didn't Thomas' decision also include something to the order of not allowing states to take advantage of "sensitive area" restrictions?

It did. Nj doesn't care since they are trying to make it all private land, all access restricted government property, and any place that a protest might occur, which is the remainder of public land. 

46 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Didn't Thomas' decision also include something to the order of not allowing states to take advantage of "sensitive area" restrictions?

I believe these restrictions can be addressed by legal action (s), assuming that there will be several.  It is extremely frustrating that democrats appear to purposefully disregard laws in favor of unconstitutional restrictions they think they can at least temporarily get away with due to the lengthy times it takes for these things to move through the courts.  The Pittsburgh mayor and city council did the same thing passing legislation limiting/banning certain rifles, that gwent against preemption laws in Pennsylvania.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 6/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting!

Congrats!  You guys finally made it!

While everyone's breaking the bubbly out for CCW, Murphy's Gun Package 3.0 mostly made it through the senate.

Including, but not limited to:

Here's what was voted on:

S1204/A1179 Requires firearm owners who become New Jersey residents to obtain firearm purchaser identification card and register handguns acquired out-of-State. Passed Senate 23-15. Passed Assembly 51-27.

S1893/A1765     Allows Attorney General to bring cause of action for certain public nuisance violations arising from sale or marketing of firearms. Passed Senate 24-16. Passed Assembly 44-32.

S2846/A4367     Upgrades certain crimes related to manufacturing firearms from third degree to second degree. Passed Senate 32-6. Passed Assembly 64-14.

S2847/A4369     Prohibits possession and requires registration of body armor in certain circumstances. Passed Senate 24-15. Not voted on in Assembly.

S2903/A1302     Regulates sale of handgun ammunition and develops system of electronic reporting of handgun ammunition sales. Passed Senate 25-15. Passed Assembly 47-29-1.

S2905/A4366     Revises definition of destructive device to include certain .50 caliber rifles; makes certain exceptions. Passed Senate 25-14. Passed Assembly 48-30-6.

S2906/A4370     Requires training for issuance of firearms purchaser identification card and permit to purchase handgun under certain circumstances; provide firearms purchaser identification card include photograph and thumb print and remain valid for ten years. Passed Senate 24-16. Passed Assembly 48-28-1.

S2907/A4368     Requires firearm retailers to sell microstamping-enabled firearms upon determination of availability by AG. Passed Senate 24-16. Passed Assembly 45-31-1.

A509/S504 Increases from 18 to 21 age at which person is eligible to receive firearms purchaser identification. Passed Assembly 49-28. Not voted on in Senate.

• Thanks 1

S2906  I read it but understand it???

Is my existing FID card grandfathered from the training crap?

And when does it now expire if ever?  

Thx.

(BTW thx for posting the list.)

Edited by almiz111
missed a point

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

While everyone's breaking the bubbly out for CCW, Murphy's Gun Package 3.0 mostly made it through the senate.

Including, but not limited to:

I take it that they have not finished voting on all the bills?

30 minutes ago, almiz111 said:

S2906  I read it but understand it???

Is my existing FID card grandfathered from the training crap?

And when does it now expire if ever?  

Thx.

(BTW thx for posting the list.)

It appears that the current firearms id cards do not require training,  but will expire on your birthday 4 years from now (2026).  An application/renewal at that time will require proof of safe handling and storage of firearms.

That's my quick read of the bill.  My PA hunter safety course from 2011 will probably not be good enough, but I hope to be out of this state in  less than 4 years.

Like a bully in school, they will throw everything and kitchen sink at it.  Doesn't actually cost them anything to keep making stupid laws and there are no consequences.

Its a real shame that NONE of these bills actually make any difference in crime. We know it, legislature knows it and criminals know it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CJack said:

Like a bully in school, they will throw everything and kitchen sink at it.  Doesn't actually cost them anything to keep making stupid laws and there are no consequences.

Its a real shame that NONE of these bills actually make any difference in crime. We know it, legislature knows it and criminals know it. 

And I thought this state was going to get a little better for gun owners when NJ removed justifiable need without being forced. Shame on me. 

7 hours ago, father-of-three said:

It appears that the current firearms id cards do not require training,  but will expire on your birthday 4 years from now (2026).  An application/renewal at that time will require proof of safe handling and storage of firearms.

That's my quick read of the bill.  My PA hunter safety course from 2011 will probably not be good enough, but I hope to be out of this state in  less than 4 years.

IANAL but In the latest bill text at the links above, With regards to current FID expiration, it states on page 8, lines 7-9, that they do not expire. On page 7, lines 36 and 45, , the various references to 4 years have been changed to 10 years.   (The wording in brackets is being removed.). Please do correct me if my understanding is not correct.

• Agree 1

IF there was any doubt before, these bills (past ones too and many more to come) are absolute evidence that they ARE after the Constitution and 2A. These are vengeful actions against regular Joe and further restrict the poor, minority and disadvantaged population from ever exercising Second Amendment of the Constitution.

The strategy always has been for select power hungry states to  throw sh*t at the wall faster than SCOTUS will ever get to. 15 years to go from "you can have it at home" to "you may have it outside home" - Thats just for ONE restriction. 15 years of violating law of the land by Govt with no consequences.  Extrapolate that out and its going to be 50 years before SCOTUS can rule on 3 more such violations. That is, IF SCOTUS stays true to Constitution.  By then, all the unconstitutional laws would have been on the books for more than 100 years and become part of the "historical practices".  What a mess.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

IANAL but In the latest bill text at the links above, With regards to current FID expiration, it states on page 8, lines 7-9, that they do not expire. On page 7, lines 36 and 45, , the various references to 4 years have been changed to 10 years.   (The wording in brackets is being removed.). Please do correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Maybe i was reading an earlier version of the bill, as I think they were introduced in both houses.  I dont want to rain down further pessimism, but I find 10 years to be overly generous from a government who wants to slowly choke out legal and lawful gun owners.

3 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

Maybe i was reading an earlier version of the bill, as I think they were introduced in both houses.  I dont want to rain down further pessimism, but I find 10 years to be overly generous from a government who wants to slowly choke out legal and lawful gun owners.

10 years now so they can get it passed. They'll whittle it down in the future.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2