45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

16 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

10 years now so they can get it passed. They'll whittle it down in the future.

Understood.  Is the voting really that close in one of the houses?  I will assume that Murphy will have round 4 and possibility round 5 of more gun control bills before he leaves office.  Sadly, I'm sure it will feel like a long time until we get to 2025, or January of 2026.

Well Happy 4th of July. I'm sure Uncle Phil is reading this bill this weekend.

New York Moves to Nullify Supreme Court Decision Upholding Gun Rights - American Thinker

Extra bonus: previous CCW holders will now be felons in 98% of the state.

21 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

So looks like current FID would be grandfathered.  Does that include if you have to change your address?   

No, if you change your address it's considered a new one and you'll need to renew every 10 years like everyone else. Hopefully this gets challenged

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

So looks like current FID would be grandfathered.  Does that include if you have to change your address?   

IANAL, but my default assumption is that when you process a change of address and you are issued your “new” FID, that it will be the NEW fid with picture and 10 year expiration. 

26 minutes ago, Grayson6074 said:

No, if you change your address it's considered a new one and you'll need to renew every 10 years like everyone else. Hopefully this gets challenged

25 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

IANAL, but my default assumption is that when you process a change of address and you are issued your “new” FID, that it will be the NEW fid with picture and 10 year expiration. 

That Fn sucks.  We are in the process of moving but I have to stay in-state for..reasons.  

1 hour ago, oldguysrule649 said:

When I have changed addresses before, the check box for "Duplicate" was checked, not "Initial".

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Well Happy 4th of July. I'm sure Uncle Phil is reading this bill this weekend.

New York Moves to Nullify Supreme Court Decision Upholding Gun Rights - American Thinker

Extra bonus: previous CCW holders will now be felons in 98% of the state.

Not many know what a pyrrhic victory is, I am sure you do....

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

This should be overturned almost in its entirety if it goes to a court still following SCOTUS decisions.

Does NY State have one? Meanwhile, it's back into the foxholes for CCW holders.

The only consolation is that now all the privileged characters who got their licenses in NYS are also screwed.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Pyrrhic indeed.

So now if you live in your private household in say Fresh Meadows, Queens, you can wake up in the morning, go to your safe to get your handgun because you have children in the house under 18, get strapped, walk to the end of your driveway with your carry piece and get the morning paper. Better not walk your dog while armed because if he steps on your neighbor's private property, you'll be in violation unless you have his permission. Pyrrhic victory! 

I see this getting dragged out forever in New York. 

California has gotten wind of the phrase "sensitive areas" and is craftily putting restrictions together. I suspect Maryland will be doing something similar as well. 

And to think the NRA contributed to K. Hochul's campaign in 2012. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

When I have changed addresses before, the check box for "Duplicate" was checked, not "Initial".

Not sure I understand your comment. To clarify my post, I was merely suggesting that when you submit your change of address and receive your duplicate/replacement/whateveryouwanttocallit FID, that it will be the new 10 year expiration version.

33 minutes ago, Parker said:

Pyrrhic indeed.

So now if you live in your private household in say Fresh Meadows, Queens, you can wake up in the morning, go to your safe to get your handgun because you have children in the house under 18, get strapped, walk to the end of your driveway with your carry piece and get the morning paper. Better not walk your dog while armed because if he steps on your neighbor's private property, you'll be in violation unless you have his permission. Pyrrhic victory! 

I see this getting dragged out forever in New York. 

California has gotten wind of the phrase "sensitive areas" and is craftily putting restrictions together. I suspect Maryland will be doing something similar as well. 

And to think the NRA contributed to K. Hochul's campaign in 2012. 

This will in *time* all get sorted out...but for the liberal states, it will still take plenty of time to do so.

And that is why words matter as well as intentions, elections and staying vigilant.

Like in NJ, yeah technically you may get the license and be able to do nothing with it.

You are not going to ever change the liberal states, until you change the mindset of the citizens and the politicians.....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Not sure I understand your comment. To clarify my post, I was merely suggesting that when you submit your change of address and receive your duplicate/replacement/whateveryouwanttocallit FID, that it will be the new 10 year expiration version.

From the bill:

The applicant shall not be required to demonstrate completion of a course of instruction in order to obtain any subsequent permit to purchase a handgun, to replace an existing firearms purchaser identification card, or to renew a firearms purchaser identification card. 

Also from the bill:

A person who obtained a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card prior to the effective date of P.L.    , c.   (C.       ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall not be required to complete a course of instruction pursuant to this subsection. 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:01 AM, Grayson6074 said:

Or repealed with a new governor and assembly, but don't hold your breath.

Murphy just finished signing into law 7 bills.  Trying to get a listing of them.

These are now NJ Law:

Require training for people to receive a gun purchaser ID in the state and to renew that card every four years. (A4370)

Ban the future sales certain .50 caliber rifles in the state. It would not apply to antique firearms, and current owners of such weapons would need to register them and pay a $50 fee. (S2905)

Amend the state’s public nuisance laws to prohibit the gun industry from endangering the safety or health of the public through its sale, manufacturing, importing, or marketing of guns. (A1765)

Require gun owners who move to New Jersey to obtain a firearm purchaser ID card and register their guns within 60 days. (S1204)

Require retailers in the state to use micro-stamping technology to put serial numbers on guns once the state attorney general determines they are commercially available. The technology is not yet widely available. (A4368)

Require ammunition manufacturers and dealers to keep a detailed electronic record of sales and report them to the State Police. (A1302)

Increase penalties in the state related to manufacturing of “ghost guns.” Those are untraceable firearms that can be bought online and assembled at home. (S2846)

• FacePalm 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Murphy just finished signing into law 7 bills.  Trying to get a listing of them.

These are now NJ Law:

Require training for people to receive a gun purchaser ID in the state and to renew that card every four years. (A4370)

Ban the future sales certain .50 caliber rifles in the state. It would not apply to antique firearms, and current owners of such weapons would need to register them and pay a $50 fee. (S2905)

Amend the state’s public nuisance laws to prohibit the gun industry from endangering the safety or health of the public through its sale, manufacturing, importing, or marketing of guns. (A1765)

Require gun owners who move to New Jersey to obtain a firearm purchaser ID card and register their guns within 60 days. (S1204)

Require retailers in the state to use micro-stamping technology to put serial numbers on guns once the state attorney general determines they are commercially available. The technology is not yet widely available. (A4368)

Require ammunition manufacturers and dealers to keep a detailed electronic record of sales and report them to the State Police. (A1302)

Increase penalties in the state related to manufacturing of “ghost guns.” Those are untraceable firearms that can be bought online and assembled at home. (S2846)

When do these laws go into effect?

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

These are now NJ Law:

Does this apply to existing NJ FID holders? Or does one still need to renew our current FID card 4 years from today?

34 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

Does this apply to existing NJ FID holders? Or does one still need to renew our current FID card 4 years from today?

https://www.tapinto.net/sections/news-around-new-jersey/articles/gov-phil-murphy-signs-7-new-gun-laws-in-new-jersey

• A-4370/S-2906 - Requires training prior to issuance of firearms purchaser identification card and permit to purchase handgun under certain circumstances; provides that firearms purchaser identification card is valid for ten years.

There are two statements that conflict with each other?

[A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the  effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as this 41 bill) shall expire during the fourth calendar year following the  effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as this bill) and on the same calendar day as the person’s date of birth.]

and then..

7 [The] A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to  the effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as 9 this bill) shall not expire

WTF!!!!

9 minutes ago, marlintag said:

There are two statements that conflict with each other?

[A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the  effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as this 41 bill) shall expire during the fourth calendar year following the  effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as this bill) and on the same calendar day as the person’s date of birth.]

and then..

7 [The] A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to  the effective date of P.L. , c. (pending before the Legislature as 9 this bill) shall not expire

WTF!!!!

Square brackets are whats is removed in-relation to prior proposal/bill.  So in summary, existing FPIDs do not have expiration date.

11 minutes ago, CJack said:

Square brackets are whats is removed in-relation to prior proposal/bill.  So in summary, existing FPIDs do not have expiration date.

and what if we need to change address... is that than a 
"NEW" ID card

2 minutes ago, H2oVento said:

and what if we need to change address... is that than a 
"NEW" ID card

Presumably the old type cards are NOT going to be available any more and all new cards will have issue and expiration date. And knowing NJ, if you change address, you will get new card with expiration date.  But its anyone guess as of now.

• A-4370/S-2906 - Requires training prior to issuance of firearms purchaser identification card and permit to purchase handgun under certain circumstances; provides that firearms purchaser identification card is valid for ten years.

Id love to know the "certain circumstances" all this to get dems to wave their freak flag and bow down to Murphy, when not one of these will do a damn thing to prevent gun violence.

Fun times.

Whats the effective date of all this?

My 18 year old son applied for FID 2 weeks ago. References were done same day, fingerprints were last monday. Hoping since hes already well into the process that he will fall under the existing FID card rules.?