45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

I actually find the bill targeting dealers and manufacturers to be most egregious of the whole lot of them. Have you reviewed the actual wording on that? NJ Legislature (state.nj.us)

There's just NO WAY that's constitutional! It basically says, we won't specifically define what these harmful acts are... and you don't even have to knowingly have done these undefined acts... but if I (the almighty NJ Attorney General) see fit to CLAIM you've done some amorphous, harmful "wrong"... which I and only I know the definition of... I can shut down your business while I investigate (presumably taking my sweet-ass time doing so). Totally cray-cray. No wonder ANJRPC called it an industry-killing bill!  I hope that a number of large 2A organizations - including those that represent manufacturers, like NSSF - quickly file a class action lawsuit against that. NJ's "leadership" (I use the term loosely) doesn't even PRETEND to follow the law.  Saddest of all that an AG is behind this... who ought to know better.

• Agree 6

Here is where I’m confused - the law reads you don’t need training after your 1st P2P - so I guess we are ok then (assuming this isn’t your first rodeo)? (See last sentence) 

“In order to obtain a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card, the applicant shall demonstrate that, within four years prior to the date of the application, the applicant satisfactorily completed a course of instruction approved by the superintendent in the lawful and safe handling and storage of firearms. The applicant shall be required to demonstrate completion of a course of instruction only once prior to obtaining either a firearms purchaser identification card or the applicant’s first permit to purchase a handgun.”

On 7/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, njviper91 said:

Id love to know the "certain circumstances" all this to get dems to wave their freak flag and bow down to Murphy, when not one of these will do a damn thing to prevent gun violence.

"Preventing gun violence" is the Big lie, the Kabuki theater of gun control is built upon.

They know it, we know it and they know, we know, they know it, etc, etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bomber said:

"Preventing gun violence" is the Big lie the Kabuki theater of gun control is built upon.

We know it, they know it and they know, we know, they know it, etc, etc.. 

A good anti gun protest rally would be in these neighborhoods, it would scare the crapout of them and they would want to ggo out and buy a gun. Great Conversion Therapy.

Anyone notice Bucky Beaver is closing his mouth for photos lately?

He's hiding those hideous choppers, now.

Murphy cover boy.jpg

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Whats the effective date of all this?

My 18 year old son applied for FID 2 weeks ago. References were done same day, fingerprints were last monday. Hoping since hes already well into the process that he will fall under the existing FID card rules.?

The bill states "firearms purchaser identification card issued
or renewed after the effective date of P.L. , c. (C. ) shall expire during the  tenth calendar year following its date of issuance and on the same calendar day as the person’s date of birth"

The effective date in the bill is "effective immediately".

So the way I read this is that since his is not issued yet, it will be subject to the ten year expiration date even though he applied beforehand. 

And when it comes to the required training, the bill also mentions that you have to have training within 4 years of receiving either your FID or your first permit to purchase a handgun. This is effective immediately as well. I would contact your local police department about it, maybe they will push it through since he already applied but by the letter of the law, he would technically require the training before it is issued

47 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Anyone notice Bucky Beaver is closing his mouth for photos lately?

He's hiding those hideous choppers, now.

Murphy cover boy.jpg

I noticed that this morning. He's either in the process of getting 'em fixed, or his advisors told him that his presidential campaign is dead-in-the-water with those teef.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Well atleast all those 50bmg senseless murders will be non existent now.  Finally i can leave my house now

Dont forget the senseless murders prevented or solved by :

*  Demanding that Criminals be trained before they are issued a  FPID
*  Magical stamp with expiration date on FPID (only applies to new criminals. OGs have FPIDs that do not expire)
* CSI Fairy godmother who can instantaneously tell who committed the murder from micro-stamping.

etc.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

sooo....now we need training to buy a handgun?

I missed this during my first pass reading it but I believe no training if you already have a fid or have already been issued a p2p (unless  I’m reading it wrong )

“A person who obtained a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card prior to the effective date of
29 P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall not be required to complete a course of instruction pursuant to this subsection.”

34 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

I missed this during my first pass reading it but I believe no training if you already have a fid or have already been issued a p2p (unless  I’m reading it wrong )

“A person who obtained a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card prior to the effective date of
29 P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall not be required to complete a course of instruction pursuant to this subsection.”

i've had my fPid over 10 years. but if i wanted to pick up that springfield armory sa35, then i'd have to apply for a p2p....so i'm guessing that they'd tell me i gotta get training.....

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've had my fPid over 10 years. but if i wanted to pick up that springfield armory sa35, then i'd have to apply for a p2p....so i'm guessing that they'd tell me i gotta get training.....

If I’m reading the text if that p2p is your “first” then yes training otherwise no training 

does anybody else read it that way ?

6 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

If I’m reading the text if that p2p is your “first” then yes training otherwise no training 

does anybody else read it that way ?

would not be first...but would be first since this useless/illegal/unconstitutional law.

New law will allow NJ to sue gun makers and sellers (nj1015.com)

And he's hot to trot.

“The law that the Legislature and the governor have worked on will give us tools to finally hold accountable those who have profited off this bloodshed,” Platkin said. “I want to be clear to everyone. We’re going to use it. And I can’t wait to use it.”

• Sad 1

These are some profound words from Cryan; 

“It may be a right under the Second Amendment, but it should darn sure be a regulated right,” Cryan said. “It’s my opinion that it’s actually a privilege these days – that somewhere between AK and 47, it became a privilege.”

He must have stayed up all night thinking that one up. 

• Haha 1

Good Article to read!

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/07/05/new-jersey-governor-signs-most-of-his-anti-gun-wish-list-into-law-n60072

You can go on back and read the entire message I sent them in full, but you get the idea. They were put on notice. Someone did tell them, very publicly and individually, that these bills are things they aught to think about before voting on, because it’s likely they’ll be deemed a violation of our rights.

As more information on these laws comes out, as well as any litigation announcements, we’ll be sure to pass that along. In the mean time, the Garden State’s Independence Day celebration is clearly over, but we do have NYSRPA to blanket us, and keep us a warm.

Hideous Bastard!

Murphy a hole.jpg

• Agree 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, CJack said:

Dont forget the senseless murders prevented or solved by :

*  Demanding that Criminals be trained before they are issued a  FPID
*  Magical stamp with expiration date on FPID (only applies to new criminals. OGs have FPIDs that do not expire)
* CSI Fairy godmother who can instantaneously tell who committed the murder from micro-stamping.

etc.

Exactly, and this needs to be thrown in the face of every liberal out there. They are making the argument that this last shooter in Illinois legally obtained the firearms. Well good news libtards,  now if a psycho obtains firearms legally in the state of NJ, he gets training on how to use it first. :facepalm: Just goes to show these politicians pander just for votes. None of this makes any logical sense to actually deter gun violence.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Suit filed against NJ Mag Limit!

It looks like Governor Murphy may have to eat some serious humble pie, as the law he signed doing this to New Jerseyans looks like it’s in severe peril. With the FPC et.al. filing this brief, they found historical accounts of weapons with more than 10 rounds dating back to the 16th century. Wishing good luck to Murphy’s team in trying to defend that. Not really.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/07/08/some-marching-orders-in-njs-magazine-capacity-suit-gvr-n60189?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=00ea90fbf351bbfd29c96affd26f2dca49954a466ec9e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

FU Phil!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

they found historical accounts of weapons with more than 10 rounds dating back to the 16th century.

When historic precedent is found, and it does not help the left's agenda, the new thing now is well, back then women were property and all white men were racists, something something patriarchy and an extra topping of racist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

It looks like Governor Murphy may have to eat some serious humble pie, as the law he signed doing this to New Jerseyans looks like it’s in severe peril.

Impossible, there is no humility in Bucky only arrogance..

BTW Washington state (or was it Oregon) and Rhode Island just passed 10 round mag bans this year as well.

• Agree 1