45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

4 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Suit filed against NJ Mag Limit!

It looks like Governor Murphy may have to eat some serious humble pie, as the law he signed doing this to New Jerseyans looks like it’s in severe peril. With the FPC et.al. filing this brief, they found historical accounts of weapons with more than 10 rounds dating back to the 16th century. Wishing good luck to Murphy’s team in trying to defend that. Not really.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/07/08/some-marching-orders-in-njs-magazine-capacity-suit-gvr-n60189?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=00ea90fbf351bbfd29c96affd26f2dca49954a466ec9e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

FU Phil!

I really want that "Im your huckleberry" magazine in that picture. :icon_lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bomber said:

Impossible, there is no humility in Bucky only arrogance..

BTW Washington state (or was it Oregon) and Rhode Island just passed 10 round mag bans this year as well.

RI.  I have friends there and they're not very happy.

8 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Working exactly as planned- The State passes gun control laws. When they inevitably fail to work as claimed Leftists propose another round of gun control laws, i.e. "we need to do more". 

Win, win for democrats since they never get held accountable for their failures.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

in his mind, that is a reason to not let us criminals(after all he views us all as criminals) carry our stuff legally.

• Agree 1

my question is what prevents us from crossing into free america and buying our ammo?

also, on that note, i tried ordering some dritical duty and critical defense from midwayuse last night....they want copy of fpid, or ffl or p2p......

14 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

also, on that note, i tried ordering some dritical duty and critical defense from midwayuse last night....they want copy of fpid, or ffl or p2p......

Nothing new. Of the places that will even ship to nj, most ask for FID.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

my question is what prevents us from crossing into free america and buying our ammo?

That is normal, I use SGammo.com they will prompt you to provide your FPID along with your driver's license and it will remain with them on file for seamless purchasing and they usually have a good turn around time.

• Like 1

https://www.njoag.gov/acting-ag-platkin-launches-new-office-to-enforce-new-jerseys-new-firearm-safety-legislation/

Acting Attorney General Matthew J. Platkin today announced the creation of a Statewide Affirmative Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Office – a first-in-the-nation office with the specific mandate of bringing civil enforcement actions against firearm companies to hold them accountable for violations of the law that harm the health and safety of New Jersey residents.

An entire office dedicated to destroying the gun industry.

2 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Wow, they are really doubling down on their stupidity. So my tax dollars are paying for this BS.

6 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I’m sure the head of this department, who’s career depends on “success” will be level headed and apply common sense to the “civil actions” his office brings.   

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, Bomber said:

Working exactly as planned- The State passes gun control laws. When they inevitably fail to work as claimed Leftists propose another round of gun control laws, i.e. "we need to do more". 

Win, win for democrats since they never get held accountable for their failures.  

Sadly, there's three more years until Murphy's  term is up.  Four if he wants to be extra-antagonistic and ram through stuff in January 2026.

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Sadly, there's three more years until Murphy's  term is up.  Four if he wants to be extra-antagonistic and ram through stuff in January 2026.

Assembly and senate is up for reelection next year. Dems lost seats in 2021, including Sweeney. 

N.J. isn't California, yet..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Sadly, there's three more years until Murphy's  term is up.  Four if he wants to be extra-antagonistic and ram through stuff in January 2026

Sadly there's another one just like him waiting in the weeds, We had a chance with Ciattarelli. They know how to win now, don't know if we will get another chance.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, Downtownv said:

Suit filed against NJ Mag Limit!

It looks like Governor Murphy may have to eat some serious humble pie, as the law he signed doing this to New Jerseyans looks like it’s in severe peril. With the FPC et.al. filing this brief, they found historical accounts of weapons with more than 10 rounds dating back to the 16th century. Wishing good luck to Murphy’s team in trying to defend that. Not really.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/07/08/some-marching-orders-in-njs-magazine-capacity-suit-gvr-n60189?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=00ea90fbf351bbfd29c96affd26f2dca49954a466ec9e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

FU Phil!

Whatever happened with this? Any chance of the mag limit going back to 15 rounds?

3 hours ago, Variant said:

Whatever happened with this? Any chance of the mag limit going back to 15 rounds?

I just wrote to the author of the article, perhaps he has some better insight.

I see a win for our side.

A week or so ago the 3rd circuit punted the mag ban case down to the district court - it’s like starting all over again. I saw the source on njguns Reddit - I need to find the source 

edit: found it on a different site 

https://savejersey.com/2022/08/3rd-circuit-punts-n-j-10-round-magazine-ban-case-back-to-district-court/

• Informative 2

10 hours ago, NJRulz said:

A week or so ago the 3rd circuit punted the mag ban case down to the district court - it’s like starting all over again. I saw the source on njguns Reddit - I need to find the source 

edit: found it on a different site 

https://savejersey.com/2022/08/3rd-circuit-punts-n-j-10-round-magazine-ban-case-back-to-district-court/

The original article writer, John Petrolino responded to my inquiry as follows:

"Please feel free to share the following:

On Gun For Hire Radio Episode 588, August 27, 2022 (https://gunforhire.com/blog/the-gun-for-hire-radio-broadcast-episode-588/), Anthony Colandro had Dan Schmutter (the attorney litigating the case) on the show to discuss several different pieces of pending litigation and other topics. Schmutter opened with talking about this case and here is a transcript of the conversation:

Schmutter: So unfortunately, guys, I have to open with some not great news. We just heard from the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. In the magazine case, we were hoping to keep the case up at the Court of Appeals and have…ask the Court of Appeals…and we have asked The Court of Appeals to decide the case on the merits right now. The state was urging them to send it back down to the trial court, the District Court. And unfortunately, we got a two one ruling today that the Third Circuit decided to send it back down to the District Court. And what that does is it just adds another layer of delay. And cost. And so unfortunately, you know, now we're back at the District Court, we have to do that all over again. We'll probably end up back at the Court of Appeals, you know, whichever way it goes, somebody's not gonna be happy. So, you know, it's unfortunate. We were, we were urging the court to not, you know, give in to the state's request to add more delay in cost. And it was a two, one decision. We got a very nice dissenting opinion from Judge Paul meaty. And he agreed with us that there was no reason to send it back down to the trial court, you know, the usual…it is very typical for when something comes down from the Supreme Court for the Court of Appeals to send it all the way back down to the trial court. But that's not unusual. It's actually quite typical. The problem is, in this case, it's not necessary. And there's plenty of precedent for not doing that where it's not necessary or appropriate. And I think we made a very strong case that it's not. But, you know, the court did with the court didn't so we have to live with it. And so we'll you know, we'll fight the fight down at the District Court. But it's disappointing. I mean, they really, you know, our feeling was they should have done the right thing here and just kept it, decided it. And, you know, but that's, that's life.

Colandro: Now, what do we face at the District Court? Is it one judge? Is it a panel?

Schmutter: Yeah it's one judge, the original trial judge that heard it the first time. He gets it back, but he gets it back under a new set of rules. He gets it back now under the rules from the Bruen decision. And so you know, in a sense, he's not starting from scratch because there is a record. It's not like we're starting with a blank slate here. There is a record and there is a favorable record. So, in the sense that we think that the some of the findings that the court made the first time around are very, very helpful to us. So, you know the court is presumably gonna reach out to us at some point soon to, you know, we'll probably have a conference, the court will probably want to know how the parties think the case should proceed, and we'll go from there. And we'll develop our strategy as to what the what the right way to move this forward is. And we'll move it forward. It's just disappointing that we're going to be doing this in a in a court where we really shouldn't have to be. But you know, as you know, we know, as it's a slog, it's a marathon, and we're going to continue fighting. I mean, it's, there's no question or option we're gonna keep this moving. And, you know, we like our chances. We think that…we've talked about this quite a few times now, about how we think Bruen gives us some very, very good tools. And we're going to bring those to bear in the District Court on this case. We'll see what happens. When there's a development, you'll certainly…I hope you'll have me back to talk about it. And we'll see what we'll go from there.
###
The remand from the Third Circuit back to the lower court can be read here: 

https://reason.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/NJRifle.pdf

As Rooney pointed out in his article (https://savejersey.com/2022/08/3rd-circuit-punts-n-j-10-round-magazine-ban-case-back-to-district-court/), Judge Paul Matey's dissent is worth a full read.

The quick answer is we've been punted back down, again, but that does not mean we're starting from square one. Will we see 15 rounders again in New Jersey? Will we see them by year's end? Will we see magazines larger than 15 rounds in NJ? All great questions, but it's hard to read how this is going to go down. As far as the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision goes, it's clear that putting a restriction on a standard capacity magazine would be unconstitutional, as such restrictions would not have been acceptable at the time of our founding. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to zap me a line if you have more questions or have other tips, leads, etc.

Regards,
John Petrolino
www.thepenpatriot.com"

I invite you to contact John directly as he is a 2A supporter and a NJ Resident

F Murphy Sticker.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, 1LtCAP said:

i normally won't even consider ordering ammo online....but i wanted to get a few rounds for when my ccw comes in........

Why?  Even with shipping its usually cheaper than at the local range.  And in NJ they currently have been keeping track of ammo purchases already.  I think the store had to keep a copy just in case.  Now I think the new law requires ammo purchase info in NJ to be sent to state.

• Agree 1