45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

Click on John's New article!

GVRed NJ 10-round magazine ban punted back down to U.S. District Court

By John Petrolino | Sep 12, 2022 11:30 AM ET

magazine-730x0.jpg

In what should be a semi open and shut case, the matter of New Jersey’s 10 round magazine capacity limitation case has been remanded further down. The Grant, Vacate, Remand from the Supreme Court of the United States on Association New Jersey Rifle, et al v. Attorney General New Jersey, et al. should have been a solid indicator to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on how to rule. 

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/09/12/gvred-nj-10-round-magazine-ban-punted-back-down-to-u-s-district-court-n62231

• Informative 1

5 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Any updates on this? I will be buying some new pistols soon and would much rather get them with standard capacity mags.

We might see something soon in terms of legal timescale. We won't see anything son in terms of gun buying time scale. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, marlintag said:

Are you Nostradamus? Do you posses a time machine that you use to go into the future to hear verdicts before their issued?

How are you so certain that SCOTUS won't make a broad ruling that effects the remaining 6 or 7 states that are still "may issue". Why

can't you understand that NJ, CA etc cannot simply ignore SCOTUS rulings. Could NJ enact training requirements and fees to 

compensate? Sure! It will slow us down but, it won't stop us. Those who are determined like myself will go through any training and

spare no expense for this. 

I was wrong, in some counties and towns, folks have been successful in getting their PTC’s. But it’s a trickle. Although completely dumbfounded, it didn’t take long for the common sense crowd in Trenton to put pen to paper and draft all-encompassing restrictions, which made it through a review today. October 27th we may find out just how far and how ugly Trenton intends to take this. 

21 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

I was wrong, in some counties and towns, folks have been successful in getting their PTC’s. But it’s a trickle. Although completely dumbfounded, it didn’t take long for the common sense crowd in Trenton to put pen to paper and draft all-encompassing restrictions, which made it through a review today. October 27th we may find out just how far and how ugly Trenton intends to take this. 

I agree, in many counties just a trickle and in some counties like a Passaic they have been issuing at a good pace. I also agree that this bill is going to pass and things are going to get very ugly, there will likely be months or years of additional litigation to have "normal" conceal carry. I'm glad though that after so many years were finally on the right path, albeit a narrow one!

20 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

F pm

The last two quarters my taxes went up $375 per quarter. So by the time the  $1500 anchor relief tax rebate comes in  all of it will be applied to new property taxes. 

• Agree 2

The legislature passed, and Murphy will sign on Monday, the misleadingly-named Election Transparency Act.  This gives the governor nearly complete control over the Election Law Enforcement Commission, the watchdog agency that oversees our elections, and also doubles political contribution limits, and greatly weakens pay-to-play laws.    As a means to ensure that the party in power always remains in power, it sounds like something right out of the Putin/Jinping playbook.

How bad is it?  The entire Election Law Enforcement Commission resigned in protest yesterday, and most of them were Democrats. 

Election Law Enforcement Commissioners Resign

Good government groups opposed the bill

Act will gut Pay-to-Play protections

• Informative 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

and them resigning allows people that he wants to be put in place.

Yep.   It allows the governor to unilaterally appoint all members of the election watchdog commission, without legislative approval, for 90 days.

The 30 days before and 60 days after each general election, for example.

17 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

There is no doubt where this fool stands. 

The same fool who spent 1/5 of the total statehouse refurbishment expense on a rug, the 1 item that will become the most trampled on and soiled and hence the first to be replaced. What a dope.completely out of touch. He wants “majesty ”? Kneel, ye peasants of New Jersey! 

Let’s not forget an upgrade to Tammy’s office as well. Yes, all the wives/spouses nowadays have their own taxpayer-funded offices, staff, security, etc. They all live the life of luxury - of “majesty” as Phil puts it - without ever receiving a single vote. And they believe they “deserve” it. They’re not elected!!! No one in the press corps ever calls out this lout.