Dooly

Anyone up for a Range Day at Cherry Ridge?

It's ironic, for me anyway, one of the reasons leaving NJ was the oppressive anti 2A agenda there yet I very much enjoyed the variety of shooting at CR. I've yet to find a range that can compete with CR that isn't 3 hrs away. However I do handicap myself because I prefer outdoor shooting and to befair there are a few good indoor ones near me but it's not the same as a day at CR, relaxing outside taking my time at whatever range I was at and the traditional days ending plinking away at the 22 plates. Enjoy CR, its a real gem.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, siderman said:

It's ironic, for me anyway, one of the reasons leaving NJ was the oppressive anti 2A agenda there yet I very much enjoyed the variety of shooting at CR. I've yet to find a range that can compete with CR that isn't 3 hrs away. However I do handicap myself because I prefer outdoor shooting and to befair there are a few good indoor ones near me but it's not the same as a day at CR, relaxing outside taking my time at whatever range I was at and the traditional days ending plinking away at the 22 plates. Enjoy CR, its a real gem.

Just went there the other day... CR is what all ranges should strive to be.  ....No one pestering us about time, no one giving us the stink eye about using chronos or training with controlled rapid fire or know-it-alls uninvitingly intruding.  Everyone there is always respectful and doing their own thing.  We brought some chow and clp to wash it down right next to our vehicles 15 feet away from our ports....it was like a picnic at the range with guns.

36 minutes ago, Dooly said:

Just went there the other day... CR is what all ranges should strive to be.  ....No one pestering us about time, no one giving us the stink eye about using chronos or training with controlled rapid fire or know-it-alls uninvitingly intruding.  Everyone there is always respectful and doing their own thing.  We brought some chow and clp to wash it down right next to our vehicles 15 feet away from our ports....it was like a picnic at the range with guns.

Sounds familiar :)

1 hour ago, siderman said:

relaxing outside taking my time at whatever range I was at and the traditional days ending plinking away at the 22 plates. Enjoy CR, its a real gem.

This!   I only get up there a couple of times a year, but whatever my primary reason for going (generally HP rifle), I always toss a .22 or two in the car, and I always end the day on the plinking range!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.