1 minute ago, MrAceJD said:

I am hearing rumblings that the NJ AG is going to sit tight and let the courts force this before changing anything.   Not sure if that's accurate.  

Uhh fine. but in the end the permit is issued by Judges. They make the decision on the cause being justified. They ignore SCOTUS at their peril.

What is likely is that they will punt until there's a new statute. The AG doesn't get to say jack about this. They aren't a legislator or a judge. They could offer guidelines about ignoring that part of the statute in view of the ruling, but they won't. I'm just not sure it matters. 

20 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Dontcha all think your rushing just a bit?

NJ laws have NOT changed ....  yet one way or another 

They have not. And were the decision to grant one left in the hands of a sheriff, there would 100% not be a path to avoiding them. Avoiding conviction perhaps, but not avoiding them. 

But you go to court for them. And that court has been issued precedent. NJ being NJ, they probably won't obey it, but they might and it's a button worth pushing. 

29 minutes ago, MrAceJD said:

That was my thought.   Once a judge denies and it's challenged in a situation where there is no real reason to deny, that's when we will probably see activity.

A judge can lose their their immunity if they openly defy a SCOTUS opinion this clear cut. Which one is going to chance their own career on that in favor of NJ politics?

NJ law is clearly unconstitutional. I have no issue seeing a Superior Court Judge squirm as they try to figure out if they should uphold JN and break their oath of office, or allow a permit and piss off the powers that be in NJ.

ETA: There is typically one 'gun judge' in each county that handles all the permit applications. I have no sympathy for someone who has repeatedly shat on people's rights for years.

39 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Dontcha all think your rushing just a bit?

NJ laws have NOT changed ....  yet one way or another 

Not sure what that limitation is here? Only a small part of the law is unconstitutional, the rest stands.. the legislature doesn't have to pass a new law for the unconstitutional part to not apply. There is an entire licensing process that exists and is "legal", and so far still constitutional. The justified part is simply not applicable and can't be enforced.

In the mean time, can people share some resources on how to qualify for the application? Specifically the "training" requirement.