JackDaWack

CCW resources for NJ

8 hours ago, KurtC said:

Whenever I qualify, I run the course with 2 different sidearms, so that I have paperwork on 2 (It's actually one paper, but 2 sidearms are listed).  Thirty years ago, I would use one revolver (usually a Smith 625) and one semi.  Nowadays I usually use 2 semi's.

Back in the day I had a NY state non-resident permit.  The serial numbers/make of all possible sidearms was typed on the permit.  The current NJ permit doesn't have this, but who knows what the future brings.

Thank you, I kind of figured it be limited plus NJ loves paperwork. It’s kind of ironic right isn’t it?  I have 5 or 6 non-resident permits and never seen any restrictions as long as it’s within reason of course.  I guess as long as someone doesn’t stuff a M11/9 down their pants they’re good to go. I know people are hell bent on getting their nj ccw  but I’ll wait and see how it develops on the forum and listen to people like  Mr C of GFH since they were the ones driving it. I’ll be interested to hear GFH's  next podcast.

Posted in the other thread about the Bruen decision  thread...I called then went down to my local PD and they were pretty much ready with a packet they told me was updated this morning.  They removed the justifiable need and resume requirement (remnant from assumed security guard need), and told me they were aware of the ruling.  However they told me it typically goes to the county judge who they inquired as of this morning was unaware of the ruling and stated he would deny all applications.  The officer told me he expected that answer to change by next Tuesday morning and told me they suspect that they will probably push for the approval to be done either by local PD or NJSP once they see the deluge of applications that threaten to overwhelm the judge.  Coming is integration into FARS.  I have the packet and my only question is there is 3 references on the application which is to be filled in triplicate, so do it looks like I will need to visit each of my references in turn to complete the applications.  Only weird thing is I also have the pistol permit form in there as well, not sure why I need that unless I'm buying another pistol (never a bad idea...).

Also waiting on what training course comes up that I can take to satisfy the qualification part of the process...

2 minutes ago, supranatural said:

However they told me it typically goes to the county judge who they inquired as of this morning was unaware of the ruling

OK, that's concerning.   How can a friggin' judge--the one who CCW approvals go to, no less--be 'unaware' of one of the most highly publicized Supreme Court rulings in recent years?   Even if hizzoner inexplicably feels no need to pay attention to what the highest court in the land is doing, the ruling saturated ALL media for a full 24 hour news cycle.