StephenNJ73

Acting AG Platkin Issues Directive Clarifying Requirements for Carrying Firearms in Public in Wake of Supreme Court’s Decision - New Jersey Office of Attorney General

So I take reading this that the doors to applying for and obtaining a concealed carry permit have now officially opened in the state of Nj (providing you meet this criteria)?

https://www.njoag.gov/acting-ag-platkin-issues-directive-clarifying-requirements-for-carrying-firearms-in-public-in-wake-of-supreme-courts-decision/

There is still a very long way to go until we see NJ residents getting their CCW permits.  The whole process of having a judge make the final decision is, in my eyes, a big issues as judges will continue to deny folks. The next SCOTUS battle should be the entire permitting process.  No person should need a permit to exercise a Constitutional Right.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MeanderingCuban said:

There is still a very long way to go until we see NJ residents getting their CCW permits.  The whole process of having a judge make the final decision is, in my eyes, a big issues as judges will continue to deny folks. The next SCOTUS battle should be the entire permitting process.  No person should need a permit to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Nope! Judges have to follow "shall issue" as well. Also, they be removed in time due to overwhelming demand.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, marlintag said:

Nope! Judges have to follow "shall issue" as well. Also, they be removed in time due to overwhelming demand.

^^^^THIS!

Superior Court Judges still have to actually try cases and not just hold ccw hearings.  NJSP Superintendent Callahan was quoted as expecting 200 THOUSAND applicants to come outta the woodwork, so....  I feel that they (Superior Court Judges) themselves will say to the legislature, "Sorry, you'll have to find someone else to do this!"...and the system will morph from what we have now---going up against a County Prosecutor---to more of a "Shall Issue" arrangement and the CLEO's will be the last word.  The same CLEO's that hate guns and stall permits to purchase...

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CALM THE EFFF DOWN and wait for Schmutter & Bach to come up with the Road Map.  Everything else is just BULLSHIT at this point and a waste of time dealing with "What-If's"........ :) 

~R

May be an image of text that says 'HYDRATION TIP Drinking 1 gallon of watera day helps you avoid other people S DRAMA because you are too busy peeing. Stay Hydrated my Friends!'

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, crap.  Platkin is no longer just the 'acting' AG.  The kid only passed the bar exam 8 years ago.

https://www.nj.com/news/2022/09/top-murphy-adviser-approved-as-nj-attorney-general-over-republican-objections.html

It's noteworthy that in his public pledge, he lists "protecting the rights of our residents" last.

“I pledge to continue to work tirelessly to end the scourge of gun violence, to strengthen trust between law enforcement and the broader public, and to protect the rights of our residents,” Platkin said in a statement Thursday.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Well, crap.  Platkin is no longer just the 'acting' AG.  The kid only passed the bar exam 8 years ago.

It's noteworthy that in his public pledge, he lists "protecting the rights of our residents" last.

At least he's not a homo (I think) like the last one.

• FacePalm 2

7 minutes ago, Lucky Lefty said:

... sapien?

I'm pretty sure we haven't  had an actual human politician or political appointee in this state since Washington stayed in morristown. Then again NJ was loyal to crown then and even after the war, and Trenton is kind of enough perpetuate that anti American attitude today.