CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

7 hours ago, Jfoster99 said:

Do you thing an NRA Instructor could qualify themself?

I don't think so. I am certified as an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor and I have a couple of volunteers willing to test the systems to see if me signing off on their quals will be accepted. I'll post what we find out.

2 hours ago, samiam said:

That gets me past the first challenge. But after I enter my name, dob, etc. as prompted on the following page:
https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/2F164B/appointment/bio
and click "Next", I am stopped with the error "multiple matches found". Is there anything unique to you that might be embedded in that service code? There is an alternative presented, to enter a "UE ID' and dob, but afaik I do not have a "UE ID", nor do I have clue one on how to obtain one. I am really interested in hearing details from anyone in this topic who recently successfully made an appointment or actually were fingerprinted for this application.

There are THREE (3) different things you need:

1. Service Code (posted above) . This one lets identogo know its for "firearms application"
2. ORI Number (this is the NJ agency number). Your NJSP contact should give that to you to enter
3. Contributing Case Number.  There are suggestions out there about what to put in there. But your processing agency (NJSP) should direct you as thats how they supposedly finds / tracks YOUR fingerprinting.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:55 PM, oneshot said:

They have 60 days to approve or deny or it is considered approved ,unless the applicant agrees to extend the time limit

When did this start? I know its been on the books for years, but they've also circumvented it for years via a camden judge ruling public safety supersedes it (if investigation not complete in that 60 days), and using that as precedent. Is it now being enforce?

1 hour ago, fslater said:

When did this start? I know its been on the books for years, but they've also circumvented it for years via a camden judge ruling public safety supersedes it (if investigation not complete in that 60 days), and using that as precedent. Is it now being enforce?

I just saw it posted on a site, but i cant for the life of me remember which one . handgunlaw. us maybe.

And im sure they  ( Nj parasitic Govt ) will not comply but it is basis for another lawsuit .  Years of BS fighting for a right these scumbags had no business taking away to begin with

• Like 1

So I see Gun For hit is offering the shoot Qualification needed to complete the application. 

What about the Training requirement?  Regardless of previous experience / training you need to pass e certified test on the NJ Use of Force laws right?  

How do we complete that?

1 minute ago, Jfoster99 said:

So I see Gun For hit is offering the shoot Qualification needed to complete the application. 

What about the Training requirement?  Regardless of previous experience / training you need to pass e certified test on the NJ Use of Force laws right?  

How do we complete that?

Is there a training requirement ?  The admin code has "OR" in it, meaning any ONE of those 3 requirements.

N.J. Admin. Code § 13:54-2.4 - Application for a permit to carry a handgun

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fslater said:

The judge ruled on FPID applications, not carry. So it does not apply. 

The judge absolved them from the 30 day rule. 

The main difference here is the law stipulates an automatic approval, FPID apps dont have that, so there is no recourse for the cops taking longer than the law stipulates. I would have a hard time thinking a judge can overrule this now, the SCOTUS opinion stated they can't take too long to process applications. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CJack said:

Is there a training requirement ?  The admin code has "OR" in it, meaning any ONE of those 3 requirements.

N.J. Admin. Code § 13:54-2.4 - Application for a permit to carry a handgun

so what is the accepted qual test.......been trying to get a handle on this......thanks.

23 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

so what is the accepted qual test.......been trying to get a handle on this......thanks.

Anybody's (educated) guess at this time.  I posted link to NJ Criminal Justice pdf somewhere here, but among other varieties, there are HQC-1, HQC-2 and RPO qual tests that are clearly outlines as to what it entails.  Some ranges are of opinion that RPO quals are enough. Some are doing FBI HQC (apparently new one is 50 rounds). Others are of opinion that its better to do full on HQC including holster.

I did HQC-1 (using holster) and use of force familiarity thing. Will see how it stands up through the app process.

Hi All,

I submitted my application today in Hoboken. My trials and tribulations to get to this point are on the NJ CCW resources thread, if you're interested.

The officer that took the packet looked it over very carefully and then said "they'll do the background check immediately and then submit it to the State Police/Superior Court for approval before a judge". He also said "You know you're in Hudson County, right? I wouldn't get my hopes up that a judge will approve this. I mentioned the SCOTUS decision and the guidance from the AG; but he remained skeptical that I would get an approval. 

The question is: what is my recourse if they reject it on flimsy grounds, or simply don't give an explanation? 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LineItem said:

Hi All,

I submitted my application today in Hoboken. My trials and tribulations to get to this point are on the NJ CCW resources thread, if you're interested.

The officer that took the packet looked it over very carefully and then said "they'll do the background check immediately and then submit it to the State Police/Superior Court for approval before a judge". He also said "You know you're in Hudson County, right? I wouldn't get my hopes up that a judge will approve this. I mentioned the SCOTUS decision and the guidance from the AG; but he remained skeptical that I would get an approval. 

The question is: what is my recourse if they reject it on flimsy grounds, or simply don't give an explanation? 

Thanks

Merged topic into existing thread.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, LineItem said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Good Luck!

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, CJack said:

I got my HQC-1 quals done at ReloaderzNJ.  Waiting for an appointment from local PD to handover the paperwork.

What was the course of fire?

The modified one they have listed on their website (goes to 15 yards) or the standard one (25 yards)?

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

What was the course of fire?

The modified one they have listed on their website (goes to 15 yards) or the standard one (25 yards)?

They did the standard HQC-1, starting at 25 yards, holster.. 60 rounds. Passing score is 48.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, CJack said:

They did the standard HQC-1, starting at 25 yards, holster.. 60 rounds. Passing score is 48.

Do they require you to shoot from the various positions/cover as well? Or just the listed distances?

13 minutes ago, danw77 said:

Do they require you to shoot from the various positions/cover as well? Or just the listed distances?

Holster, kneel, strong hand, support hand etc.. as per NJ In-Service HQC-1 qualification guidelines.. they even printed it out and gave copy to everyone. They also have them posted at the booths .

• Like 1

I spoke with the trooper at NJSP Washington today. As of this afternoon, my application is the only one on her desk but she hasn't done anything with it yet - I dropped it off 6/30 so it has sat for almost a week (but over a holiday)

She seems very nice and not an anti, so hopefully things will go OK. We joked about me being her guinea pig, but she has done permits before for armored car, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2