CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

2 minutes ago, samiam said:

that doesn't correspond with my experience. I was able to make an appointment on-line yesterday for early tomorrow morning, which gave me a status of "pre-enrolled". They didn't want any money from me until I showed up for the appointment. Maybe someone is reading their "terms" and jumping to conclusions. For example: as it turned out, we had an issue arise here at home that created a conflict with my scheduled appointment. Their terms indicate that appointments must be cancelled 24 hours or more beforehand. This was significantly less thatn that, but it was cancelled with no warnings or issues. Since they donn't have payment information from me yet, I don't know what recourse they had, anyway. I don't have any experience with that particular reddit forum, but my general reddit experience has been that there is copious, high volume, natural fertilization occuring there. 

Lol.. I am talking about Identogo processing the fingerprints AFTER the appointment. Seem to be taking long time for them to get whatever they get to the PDs/NJSP.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

NJSP Washington just called me trying to reach my boss to verify employment. Therefore, I conclude the phone number box on the SP642 should be your employer's phone number, not your own.

The Trooper also called my references today.

When she spoke to me trying to verify employment, she said things looked OK so far.

Apparently, the municipal code on the SP642 is not the ORI number for the PD, but she said she filled it in by hand so should be OK.

She has not received anything back from Indentogo yet (I got printed on 6/30) but she said it goes via NJSP Trenton so not to be concerned yet.

So they want an employer phone number and email. If they are calling employers, I wish they asked for a Boss/Manager/Supv name on the form.

It would be easier to supply a specific phone number and email address.

Anyone else put in their own phone number and email on said form?

6 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

So they want an employer phone number and email. If they are calling employers, I wish they asked for a Boss/Manager/Supv name on the form.

I put my number and email which is my [email protected]

10 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

I looked at the application again and it says home phone and business phone. 

This employer verification business is very fishy. I could see when it was restricted to security guards, but there's no reason to do it today. Besides, I work a job but also I am an independent contractor and self employed including being a monetized youtuber...

2 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

On form S.P 642 from the NJSP website- 

#12 states telephone, #13 states email.

Correct. That is Rev. 6/22 which is the current form. NJSP still has Rev. 3/15 which is old and which also lists justifiable need. That one listed home and work telephone.

2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

You will likely get the permit and not be able to exercise that right anywhere  - until such time as more lawsuits are brought to strike down those laws....that create the sensitive places.

I understand the zeal to apply and get the permit,  yet I am confounded by why it has to be 'right now!'....

Good for those that have done it !

That being said, is there a central ONE STICKY POST, that has all the requirements etc.?

https://gunforhire.com/nj-ccw-permit/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jerzeydemon said:

So on Rev. 6/22 what phone do we put down. I put my number and email. 

I honestly have no idea. I put my phone number. I think the local SP may be misinterpreting it. Best to ask ANJRPC?

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

There are three endorsements needed....typically a notary is present to see the signers sign...is that what everyone is doing?

If so that seems laborious...

No the endorsements don’t need to be there. Shit makes no sense but that’s how it is. 

New Jersey allows people to purchase firearms but wants you to bury them after and never take them out. Lmao. People are stupid for allowing this to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

So you need three endorsements that need to be notarized....so you have to get all four parties together at once?

my third reference is a notary. so they're gonna notorize everything for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

There are three endorsements needed....typically a notary is present to see the signers sign...is that what everyone is doing?

If so that seems laborious...

No. The notary only needs to verify YOUR signature. There is ONE notarization and it’s for YOUR signature, not your references. 

I am a notary and if it has to be done for each signature then the notary will have to notarize EACH signature separately.

34 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

So you need three endorsements that need to be notarized....so you have to get all four parties together at once?

No you do not. The notary is only notarizing your signature, not your references. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone in Monmouth County NJ received a full approval?  I am hearing that some PDs are taking applications but that there is a standstill with judiciary.  Supposedly the judge who handles these simply won't move on them.   Not sure if this is accurate, but I keep hearing it from different places.