CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

19 minutes ago, quikz said:

Do you mean before, or after NYSRPA vs. BRUEN?

Before.

bruen does talk about excessive fees as being unconstitutional but since NJ charges $50 + $56.50 I don’t see such a challenge being successful against NJ. NYC, sure. They charge $340. The ranges are private businesses and can charge what the market will bear. I can see some upstarts doing discount quals in the future.

49 minutes ago, Frank Thomas said:

Can applicants for concealed carry please state what happened to your application?  Were you approved for concealed carry or denied?  If denied, what was the reason why denied?  And am I correct no formal training certificate required?  Reason for wanting actual experiences is b/c too much conflicts on the requirements.  Thanks

Do you mean before or after Bruen?

16 minutes ago, Frank Thomas said:

I mean after the Bruen decisioin.  Have applicants for concealed carry been getting approved or denied?  What do the applicants attribute their approval or denial to?  Thanks

We DO NOT have any (yet) direct account of approval or denial.  In this thread, lot of accounts of people who applied (including myself).  Barring the confusion created by people questioning legality of what NJSP laid out, my personal opinion is that the process is as clear as it can get for a while.  So if you want to apply  and have money, follow published NJSP directions (ONE PAGE instruction sheet that clearly lays out) or local PD instructions.  All other "what-if", "why-do-i-need-to-spend", "ranges-are-robbing-everyone", "no-body-knows-what-they-are-doing" is, while great discussions points to be had, are not helpful to those who like to apply sooner than later.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, CJack said:

We DO NOT have any (yet) direct account of approval or denial.  In this thread, lot of accounts of people who applied (including myself).  Barring the confusion created by people questioning legality of what NJSP laid out, my personal opinion is that the process is as clear as it can get for a while.  So if you want to apply  and have money, follow published NJSP directions (ONE PAGE instruction sheet that clearly lays out) or local PD instructions.  All other "what-if", "why-do-i-need-to-spend", "ranges-are-robbing-everyone", "no-body-knows-what-they-are-doing" is, while great discussions points to be had, are not helpful to those who like to apply sooner than later.

^^^^ so much this^^^^

As soon as I hear anything from a government agency I’ll update. I submitted app on 7/5 and had my prints done 7/6. Identogo has my pcn number dated 7/9. Just a waiting game now. Fingers crossed I get approved. No reason I shouldn’t be, just, you know … yeah. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, CJack said:

shameful...............omo.

11 hours ago, CJack said:

An RSO at Reloaderz posted a pic of his permit on Instagram. He’s not a LEO and he said it took a week. 

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, MikeL417 said:

So make sure you submit the updated SP-642 form. My PD made me redo the entire form over after asking the SP and they confirmed they will not accept the old form. A few other people who rushed to send in their applications are gonna have a hard time.

Date of form?

The newest form has a revision date of 6/22 and can be found here

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-642.pdf

when I picked up my packet on 6/27(ish) my local pd gave me the older version. I printed the new one myself (double sided of course)  to be used and handed in.  I’m happy I went looking for a fillable pdf version .

Edit: damn you MikeL417 and your quick fingers!

• Like 1
  • Crazy 1

Saw some guy qualifying a bunch of people at CR yesterday....  low ready....  and the following targets....  not the Q.

NRA 10 foot basic pistol....

NRA B-27 at 10 Ft and 10 yards...

And I am punching a Q target at 25yds..stracthing my head

:popcorn:

• Confused 1

On 7/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, JackDaWack said:

The judge ruled on FPID applications, not carry. So it does not apply. 

The judge absolved them from the 30 day rule. 

I was talking about 30 day for FPID and purchase permits, not ccw. Are they honoring  30 day for FPID and purchase permits now?

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Nice - I see he qual'd with the HQC1 too.

Yes but GFH Anthony is saying he’s seen others qualify with his qual get issued as well. Time will tell. Hopefully NJSP doesn’t take too long for me :)

• Agree 1