CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

5 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I've called CVS, Walgreens, the UPS Store, Staples... NONE of these places do 1.5 x 1.5 photos. So where are you guys getting 1.5's from?? I took everyone that commented advice and all these places said NO, only passport 2" x 2"s. 

I took mine myself and used photoshop to place 1.5 x 1.5’s on a 4x6. Printed them at cvs for like $.50 and cut them out. I also have photography gear. Read the passport requirements and you can probably do it yourself. Or have passport photos done and cut .25 inches off all the borders. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ToddD said:

I took mine myself and used photoshop to place 1.5 x 1.5’s on a 4x6. Printed them at cvs for like $.50 and cut them out. I also have photography gear. Read the passport requirements and you can probably do it yourself. Or have passport photos done and cut .25 inches off all the borders. 

Thanks for the info.. I think I found something online visafoto.com, it seems they can do it. And they specifically have ("US NY gun license 1.5" x 1.5") its $7 for a 4x6 (4x photos) . Might go this route

1 hour ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I've called CVS, Walgreens, the UPS Store, Staples... NONE of these places do 1.5 x 1.5 photos. So where are you guys getting 1.5's from?? I took everyone that commented advice and all these places said NO, only passport 2" x 2"s. 

Try this video. Makes it real simple. Print with your photo printer at home or take the file itself to a photo printing center.

https://youtu.be/EBqDA3S12XA

1 hour ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Ruler and scissors...   Just ask them to give you some space in the photo so you can trim it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScottAZ61 said:

The form states "Application must be delivered, in triplicate".   Is that the original and two copies?

IMHO, All 3 must be notarized individually.  Mine will all be originals, each signed by by the 3 endorsers and all notarized.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, ScottAZ61 said:

The form states "Application must be delivered, in triplicate".   Is that the original and two copies?

All 3 must be signed in ink by you and your references. All 3 must be notarized. Only your signature needs a notarization, not your references. 

16 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I went to CVS in North Plainfield and they were able to do 8 1.5 x1.5 for $16

18 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I also took my own on the phone and emailed to myself.  Then, using an editing program (publisher for me) pasted the photo and kept copying it to make a 3 wide, 3 deep grid and saved that as a picture (jpg file).  CVS printed it onto a 5 x 5 photo for $2.99 and I cut it up with scissors to the correct size.  Nine pictures for $2.99  :)  

• Informative 1

Just now, Sean08757 said:

State police has updated the application as of today. Looks like the only change is the removal of justifiable need in denial section.

So does this make all the other forms - no good......  ahhh bureaucracy

Thanks

Nick

I’m not filling out another form. I handed my packet in almost a month ago now. Re did all the forms and now have to wait for the detectives schedule to free up. Not my problem they revised the forms again. 

Yea they’re stupid. No doubt. But being that they updated a field the applicant isn’t supposed to touch I think they’d have a hard time rejecting people over that. 

don’t get me wrong, if you get a super anti2a judge I’m sure they could/will, I just don’t see it being common is all. Fingers crossed I’m correct in my assertation.