CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

3 hours ago, Ficus said:

I’m not filling out another form. I handed my packet in almost a month ago now. Re did all the forms and now have to wait for the detectives schedule to free up. Not my problem they revised the forms again. 

Really doubt you'd have to. Hoping you don't! NJSP is waiting on my prints and then they will work on it. I think the contacted my references already. 

1 hour ago, JibbaJabba said:

Packet submitted, prints done this past Saturday in PA. What should I expect next? I’ve been checking IdentoGo several times a day but still see the “enrollment received.”

Just sit and wait. If you're with NJSP, it has to go to FIU in Trenton. Local PD I think they just deal with it there. Then after the PD processes it, it goes to the judge in the superior court. 

• Thanks 1

There have been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already applied all across the state. I applied last week and my paperwork and qualification was legit, I'm not re-doing anything because of a grammatical technicality caused by the NJSP! As someone mentioned that box isn't touched by us applicants anyways!  The NJSP will likely be updating the application many times over the next year along with integrating FARS at some point. 

49 minutes ago, brucin said:

Yes that's where I went and the form that opens up is dated 6/22. I saw the revision date too.

The first page is revised and has 7/22 on the bottom left. They left the second page date as 6/22 :-) go figure.

• Agree 1

Handed all my stuff in yesterday.   Did my qual at ttc yesterday.  Btw.  Mr stu is doing quals at phillipsburg range.  [email protected].   Weekdays only now.    When i qualified yesterday.   There are folks that should not be handling a firearm.  Never the less carrying one. He was next to me.  Dq’d.  Just an fyi folks.  Get some professional training if you’re not totally comfortable with accuracy and safety of said item.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Totally agree golf. Out of 15 in my class only 2 passed and 13 had to retake it. 1 person disqualified because he fired without even a target up. I guess a nervous trigger but everyone was supposed to be holstered and then I heard a shot and the rso disqualified him rightfully so. 

2 hours ago, CJack said:

The first page is revised and has 7/22 on the bottom left. They left the second page date as 6/22 :-) go figure.

When I click that link the first page has a date of 6/22. It also has the lack of justifiable need box still as field G

7 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Handed all my stuff in yesterday.   Did my qual at ttc yesterday.  Btw.  Mr stu is doing quals at phillipsburg range.  [email protected].   Weekdays only now.    When i qualified yesterday.   There are folks that should not be handling a firearm.  Never the less carrying one. He was next to me.  Dq’d.  Just an fyi folks.  Get some professional training if you’re not totally comfortable with accuracy and safety of said item.  

That was a little concerning. Dude could have had a real bad day. I agree with getting training. These quals are extremely easy and most of the targets looked like someone took buck shot to them. 

10 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Thanks for the call the other night.  I'm waiting for your process to go through to submit my stuff.  I'll be curious to see what happens.

• Like 1

Can anyone clarify this for me? 

IM moving to DC next month. Should I just get a DC CCW and forget about NJ. or should I get the NJ now, then get the DC when I get there. Is it possible to have two different CCW from two state at the same time. I plan on coming to NJ sometime and would like to carry when I come. 

27 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

IM moving to DC next month. Should I just get a DC CCW and forget about NJ. or should I get the NJ now, then get the DC when I get there. Is it possible to have two different CCW from two state at the same time. I plan on coming to NJ sometime and would like to carry when I come. 

You can have both. Apply for the DC one and the NJ one after you move. Apply to NJSP nearest to DC, not sure where that is. 

25 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

I know you can have multiple non resident permits but if get a Jersey resident permit and no longer reside here, I would think your NJ CCW would be void.

Much like your driver's license, when you move, you have to get a license in your new home state.

Just now, JohnnyB said:

He would have to apply for NJ non resident permit though.

There is no distinction between resident and non resident apart from where you apply. And when you move you need to change your address anyway. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

I know you can have multiple non resident permits but if get a Jersey resident permit and no longer reside here, I would think your NJ CCW would be void.

Much like your driver's license, when you move, you have to get a license in your new home state.

Nah.  Im thinking like if you’re an out of state resident with a fpid.  Address just needs to be correct

Bergen County - Looks like most towns are dragging their feet with either "waiting for the direction on process to submit to court" or "waiting for approved list of qualification courses" or some other excuse. Bergen County Prosecutors Office sends another confusing letter URGING PDs to do "thorough background check" in place of now unconstitutional "justifiable need".  In summary, traitors to the constitution.

16 minutes ago, CJack said:

Bergen County - Looks like most towns are dragging their feet with either "waiting for the direction on process to submit to court" or "waiting for approved list of qualification courses" or some other excuse. Bergen County Prosecutors Office sends another confusing letter URGING PDs to do "thorough background check" in place of now unconstitutional "justifiable need".  In summary, traitors to the constitution.

Please see the official jersey response:

IMG_4478.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CJack said:

Very few towns have even updated their websites for the PTC guidelines. Queries to their firearms departments produces blank stares or  responses like “we’re waiting on the state for guidelines.”  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CJack said:

Are they dragging your application? 

47 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Are they dragging your application? 

Yes ?  Dropped off Jul 7th and FP done on Jul 8th. No update so far other than "we are working on some procedures that should clear up soon".  There are direct reports of some town here sending snail mail letters. Some outright told applicants at they are holding all application awaiting clarification from "the state".

• FacePalm 1