CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

My town is doing snail mail references until FARS takes over for it but they are really on top of getting the mail out asap. Talking 2nd day for in state and bout 3 days for out of state references so at least for me, that's not the hold up. So far, my most visible hold up is damn Identogo sending in my fingerprints that I did last week.

7 hours ago, MikeL417 said:

My town is doing snail mail references until FARS takes over for it but they are really on top of getting the mail out asap. Talking 2nd day for in state and bout 3 days for out of state references so at least for me, that's not the hold up. So far, my most visible hold up is damn Identogo sending in my fingerprints that I did last week.

Identogo sends prints the very next day. Online status may not change.  If you want, call them up at 8 AM EST sharp, you will get someone on the line immediately and ask.

• Thanks 1

So before I call the manalapan pd, I have a question about the employment verification. My employer does not provide verification directly, they employ a paid service, The Work Number. In the past, for pistol purchase permits, they were ok with me showing them a redacted pay stub. But what do I put down for employer phone number and email?

2 hours ago, MartyZ said:

So before I call the manalapan pd, I have a question about the employment verification. My employer does not provide verification directly, they employ a paid service, The Work Number. In the past, for pistol purchase permits, they were ok with me showing them a redacted pay stub. But what do I put down for employer phone number and email?

It doesn’t say employer’s phone number or employer’s email. On my application, and assuming yours too, it simply says “phone number” and “email address.” That said, I put my information down.

16 minutes ago, JibbaJabba said:

It doesn’t say employer’s phone number or employer’s email. On my application, and assuming yours too, it simply says “phone number” and “email address.” That said, I put my information down.

#metoo

Ok so I complete my Course at shooters. It cost $90. They were excellent there. My local PD also said they were a great place to take the qualification, so felt more comfortable with me using them.  I dropped off my application, was fingerprinted and had my second reference documents all completed on 7/5. My references were all contacted as well by phone.  On Monday 7/18, I received an email saying I was approved by the county and they have mailed it to the superior court of ocean county.  They told me I was the first person in the county to complete everything and for me to keep them posted on next steps as they are also unsure.  I have also called the superior court to try to find out what next steps are but no one there knows who the judge approving them is.  Does anyone happen to know who the judge is at the superior court of ocean county that approves them?   I keep reading the judge can sit on them indefinitely which is very disappointing. Thanks

• Like 2
  • Informative 5

4 minutes ago, ShootersShooter said:

I qualified as well at Shooters and submitted everything last Monday to my local PD(Manchester). Would be interested in anything you hear on the court procedure. Thanks for that much so far. 

Make sure you do the prints ASAP!  There is a place In PARK that accepts walkins.  The 60 day window doesn’t start ticking until you safe fingerprinted.  Since u are going out of state it is an addition $40 though.

225 Lincoin Hwy
Ste 100 Fairless Hills 19030-11 03
© View

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I'm going to post this in two threads, and let the mods whack one if they like. Someone (I don't recall who or in which thread) asked me if Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) had provided me with information on the course of fire they will be using for the NRA CCW class I am scheduled to take on July 30 - July 31. Not only have they not done so, but a week ago I emailed FMJ from their web contact page asking about that, and I also requested a complete list of te items I will be expected to bring. I have as yet not even received an acknowlegement, much less a definitive answer. Two days ago, I emailed Fred Hauber, who is the instructor of record for that course, asking the same questions. I have had absolutely no response from Mr. Hauber, either. At this moment, I am a less than ecstatically happy camper. I know these folks are busy with demand, and all, but to fail to even acknowledge a legitimate inquiry from a customer who has pre-paid for a future service is to me unacceptable, and unprofessional. YMMV. :mad:

Samiam I was the person who asked. They called the other  day because they had an opening I'm the July 30 class. While on the call I asked him what the shooting qualifications were all he said was HQC2 40 out of 50 shots ask why 400 rounds of ammo was needed he said lots of practice 

Anyone who took the class at reloaderz have any issues?

My local PD is now telling me that that is not enough to qualify and that I need:

Items 1 and 3 which are the substantially equivalent training per NJSA 2C:39-6j and safe handling course

Makes no sense since that Is what I thought Reloaderz provided and I submitted to the PD

5 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

My local PD is now telling me that that is not enough to qualify and that I need:

Items 1 and 3 which are the substantially equivalent training per NJSA 2C:39-6j and safe handling course

Makes no sense since that Is what I thought Reloaderz provided and I submitted to the PD

Did they put that this course satisfies the NJSA requirement on the form?  That is what they did at shooters.

7 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

I think your local PD doesn't know what they're talking about.

According to their website, Reloaderz uses the HQC-1 course of fire, so that would be more than adequate.

42 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

OK, the PD is not accepting my reloaderz qual because they want an additional form stating the specifics of the test...7-10-15-25

I will contact Reloaderz now for the form

I took Reloaderz and my town (Bergen County) took that with no issues (so far).  My application is not yet approved, so there is that.  What town / county you are in ?

1 hour ago, Brandyep said:

OK, the PD is not accepting my reloaderz qual because they want an additional form stating the specifics of the test...7-10-15-25

I will contact Reloaderz now for the form

Yeah, talk to Reloaderz and see if they'll make a special form for you (or amend their current one).

IMO your police department is full of shit and breaking your balls.

NJ State Police has Reloaderz listed on their website as a range to use for qualifications, so your local PD is a step behind:

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/shooting-ranges.shtml

My local PD just told me "its all on hold" (all carry applicants) until they get further clarification on the requirements

They reiterated that they need use of force, safe handling and the NJSA 2C:39-6j

which they feel all of these courses that are going around may not be acceptable

14 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

My local PD just told me "its all on hold" (all carry applicants) until they get further clarification on the requirements

They reiterated that they need use of force, safe handling and the NJSA 2C:39-6j

which they feel all of these courses that are going around may not be acceptable

Tell them they have 60 days to figure it out, at which point you expect it to be approved or denied. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Tell them they have 60 days to figure it out, at which point you expect it to be approved or denied. 

How is that possible when the courts have already ruled in favor of PD's dragging their feet over the 30 day approval window for FID applications?

https://www.njgunlawyers.com/page.php?here=FID

Adler v. Livak holds that if a required background check is not completed within the thirty (or forty-five) day period specified under N.J.S. 2C:58-3f, more time must be allowed.

8 minutes ago, Bomber said:

How is that possible when the courts have already ruled in favor of PD's dragging their feet over the 30 day approval window for FID applications?

https://www.njgunlawyers.com/page.php?here=FID

Adler v. Livak holds that if a required background check is not completed within the thirty (or forty-five) day period specified under N.J.S. 2C:58-3f, more time must be allowed.

A) the ruling applies to a different law

B) FIDs don't have an automatic approval at 60 days. 

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

A) the ruling applies to a different law

B) FIDs don't have an automatic approval at 60 days. 

How about this:

https://www.njgunlawyers.com/page.php?here=carryPermit

"Gov. Murphy issued Executive Order 299. Executive Order 299 orders all levels of New Jersey government to find and impose all possible means to thwart or limit implementation of the Bruen decision". 

4 minutes ago, Bomber said:

How about this:

https://www.njgunlawyers.com/page.php?here=carryPermit

Gov. Murphy issued Executive Order 299. Executive Order 299 orders all levels of New Jersey government to find and impose all possible means to thwart or limit implementation of the Bruen decision. 

What about it? 

"6. Nothing in this Order shall be construed to supersede any federal or State law."