CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

4 minutes ago, samiam said:

Maybe it has something to do with the use of "proven to meet and exceed". "Exceed" by how much? 

I have a suspicion about it being the "I am punishable".  I did qual at their place. They did fail people who were not safe, shot before the target is up etc. So they should not have any issue with signing with that language. 

Just to add to the thread.  I submitted my paperwork to my LPD on Thursday 7/14 and was fingerprinted on Tuesday 7/19.  As of Saturday 7/24 my application was signed off by the Chief and had already been forwarded to the Superior court earlier in the week for approval.  Now for the real wait, but at least its moving along.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

Just to add to the thread.  I submitted my paperwork to my LPD on Thursday 7/14 and was fingerprinted on Tuesday 7/19.  As of Saturday 7/24 my application was signed off by the Chief and had already been forwarded to the Superior court earlier in the week for approval.  Now for the real wait, but at least its moving along.

What county?

1 hour ago, NorthernYankee said:

Congratulations! How did they inform you, and did they send anything to your 3 endorsements? Happy for you, keep us updated please!

11 minutes ago, JibbaJabba said:

Congratulations! How did they inform you, and did they send anything to your 3 endorsements? Happy for you, keep us updated please!

They had called me earlier in the week asking about something on my qualifications and they needed to clarify with the SP.  So i shot them an email yesterday asking if they had the info that they needed, and they responded letting me know that it was all good and they had already forwarded it to the Superior Court.  No they didn't reach out to any of my references.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

So Hamilton Twp can mandate a course of fire on their own, one which is more difficult that the one police have to do? Even though the NJSP website does not favor one qual provider over another? How the heck is this legal?

13 hours ago, Xtors said:

So Hamilton Twp can mandate a course of fire on their own, one which is more difficult that the one police have to do? Even though the NJSP website does not favor one qual provider over another? How the heck is this legal?

Mercer County?

On 7/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, samiam said:

According to my reading of their web site, all Identogo offices accept walk-in customers. However, it also says that walk-ins get taken only affter those with appointments. That could be a l-o-n-g wait...

So I saw this and my buddy still needed to get his prints, he figured he would play dumb and try a walk-in (I believe it was Brick) he was quickly told he needed to schedule an appointment and they sent him packing.  This was Friday. I hope the rest of you get better luck than he did.  He is driving to PA for a walk-in today.

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I'm in South Jersey and had looked at the appts in Philly and suburbs. Their site clearly does say that walk-ins are accepted, albeit at lowest prority. But I guess if it looks like there is zero chance of a walk-in getting in before closing time, they would send him or her packing. Seems reasonable. Just out of curiosity. after failing as a walk-in close by, why on Earth would he risk a longer drive without making an appointment, or weren't there any in the next 7 days there, either?

Well the Fairless Hills PA office allows walk-ins through the website. I did it there and I was in and out in 5 minutes, so he is going to do the same.

• Informative 1

Just picked up my application, woman at the window said people have already been approved by the town. 

Best date I could get for fingerprints was August 23rd, but its 5 mins from my house. I can't take road trips out of state right now for something sooner. 

10 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Just picked up my application, woman at the window said people have already been approved by the town. 

Best date I could get for fingerprints was August 23rd, but its 5 mins from my house. I can't take road trips out of state right now for something sooner. 

Nice! What town already had approvals?

1 minute ago, samiam said:

Your municipality gave you a Contributor Case Number before turning in your application?

Yup, the application package had the fingerprint form and she wrote in the case number in. 

Makes no sense you guys have to hand in the app before getting finger printed. 

Just now, samiam said:

I wonder if anyone's system that these get tracked in (I know it's a paper app, but I'd bet that at least some local PDs and possibly NJSP are entering some of the info into a database) require CCN to be a uniique identifier? Because (using the "standard" NJSP formula) if two applicants with the same surname (mine is quite common) turned in apps on the same day, there would be an indexing "collision" - two apps with identical CCNs. 

They would have to be applying via the same NJSP barracks for it to cause any major confusion, I think. Still not guaranteed unique, but better odds, at least.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:23 PM, samiam said:

What about the threat of prosecution in the Clifton document? S. P. 642 already requires the applicant to attest to the fact that the references were aware of what they were supporting when they signed, and requires notarization of that fact. For all of the unfortunate crap that NJ injects into this, it is a NJ process, that is the statutary NJ standard, and that is the entirety of what should be allowed. For a municipality to go beyond the NJ level of bullshit not only exceeds its authority, but appears to clearly be intended to intimidate the references in order to summarlly deny an application. 

Uhh.. it's not a threat. It's considered part of the background investigation. Key word: investigation. Making false statements to an investigating officer has a number of potential legal consequences. The note warns you of this, and the verbiage appears on some of the letters sent out by departments for FPID/PP as well. In addition, it may be seen as an affidavit in the court since CC goes to a judge, and that could bring  perjury into it. I see no problem with adding that verbiage provided the questions are in the form of "to the best of your knowledge"

I do have an issue with the qualification course being something they made up and more difficult than HQC1 and HQC2.