CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

3 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

where a narrow pass was held for three days against a vast Persian army by just 300 Spartans, 299 of whom perished. 

Oh, right. Thermopylae NJ.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, samiam said:

2C:58-4 says: "three reputable persons who have known the applicant for at least three years preceding the date of application, and who shall certify thereon that the applicant is a person of good moral character and behavior". Nothing about "to the best of your knowledge" there. S. P. 642 has a small disclaimer on the reference's attestation that all of the infromation on the form is correct "I believe that the answers given by the applicant to the questions set forth in this application are complete, true and correct in every particular" (I find it odd that the endorsors are even asked to verfify information that, in may cases, they are very unlikely to be aware of) but not on the previous statement "I have known Him/Her for the past __ years to be a person of good moral character and behavior and who is capable of exercising self control". So. I would say that, by the standard you set, it is very much a mixed bag. Even if the language is just a statement of legal fact, I still find it curious that a municipality chooses to make it, and the NJSP does not. But if you are convinced that it could not possibly involve any attempt to "persuade" a potential sponsor into backing off, I guess I'll have to accept that. 

Someone posted the clifton document, and I don't see that line about moral character and self control. It looks very much like the boiler plate I have seen from most towns for FPID except that it mentions concealed carry. The legal warning is basically saying don't lie or there may be legal consequences, which is true as you can get jacked up for lying to an investigator. All the questions are factual statements, or attestations to the best of your knowledge. 

Anyone who would find that document scary to sign is either paranoid or shouldn't have been used for a reference.  

I don't see it as being any more of a barrier than the fact references are part of the process is.

19 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Application dropped off and paperwork accepted on 7/12/2022, fingerprinted on 7/22/22. Identogo took me a whole of 10 minutes with an appointment, damn shame it took so long to get an appointment.  Now I'm in the trenches with the rest of you... 

Same.

Paperwork dropped off and fingerprinting completed 7/25/22.

Now it's a waiting game.

• Like 1

I dropped my packet off at the Toms River PD Tuesday 7/19/22 and all my references got a phone call that Friday. BTW, the instructor at Shooters is actually named on the NJSP site under ranges that offer classes for qualifying. He is retired NJSP. The lead time for the fingerprints and qualifying has taken the longest so far.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

What is the IdentoGo status that denotes confirmation of prints being sent to the requesting authority?  What I see says Enrollment Received.

I had them done on Friday.  

Thanks!

They don't update it, mine still says the same thing and my LPD has already approved my application and sent it to the Superior court for the judge to sign off.

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, xXxplosive said:

was just told, under the current system your permit is maxed out at 75yo.......so basically you have no right to self-defense upon reaching that age......what's right here.

That's just for RPO, not non LEO. 

15 minutes ago, samiam said:

There is no prohibition on using immediate family. To respond to your statement: "not like friends are inherently more honest", I agree with that. However, imo non-family members are probably statistically less likely to be under undue influence than immediate family members. Having one member of a married couple be dominant the the point that agreement (often, more like "capitulation") from the other member is an ingrained reflex is probably less prevalent than in the past, but I am 100% certain that it does still exist.

if you get red-flagged I bet they weigh a family members report/protest more heavily than a friend/acquaintance!

On 7/23/2022 at 6:35 PM, JackDaWack said:

That's the GFH form I was supplied. 

Jack. Did Randolph push back on your paperwork ? Did you hear all apps are on hold ? 
I can’t believe that the gfh course which is less stringent then the reloaderz course is allowed and not the reloaderz. Makes no sense. 

Put in papers with Woodbridge on Wed the 20th, sent letters to my 3 endorsements by Sat. and once they get them back the township is pretty good with processing. Finger print done on the 21st. Lets see if the 60 day window holds true. 

Keep the faith!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

Certain townships require an nra course. Randolph is one of those townships. 
I was told the NRA first step 5 hour class at reloaderz qualifies. So I paid for this class but now it’s sold out until the end of august. 

Jeeze, they're really screwing you.

Contact GFH and see if you can schedule a one on one session to get the NRA qual taken care of.  Or just go through the GFH qual.

And make sure you're sharing this with the ANJRPC.  They'll want to start chasing Randolph with litigation over this.

44 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

Jack. Did Randolph push back on your paperwork ? Did you hear all apps are on hold ? 
I can’t believe that the gfh course which is less stringent then the reloaderz course is allowed and not the reloaderz. Makes no sense. 

I dont live in Randolph, my town is fine with just a qualification by ANY certified firearms instructor... nothing more. The GFH course is actually more than they requested. 

25 minutes ago, Karatenurse said:

Put in papers with Woodbridge on Wed the 20th, sent letters to my 3 endorsements by Sat. and once they get them back the township is pretty good with processing. Finger print done on the 21st. Lets see if the 60 day window holds true. 

Keep the faith!

Today is day 21 for me since completing all steps of the application. Day 8 of it being sent to the Superior court. I check my email 400x a day and answer all spam calls hoping it is my approval. This is going to be a very long 60 days!  Let’s go Trump 2024!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Today is day 21 for me since completing all steps of the application. Day 8 of it being sent to the Superior court. I check my email 400x a day and answer all spam calls hoping it is my approval. This is going to be a very long 60 days!  Let’s go Trump 2024!

Any idea how the court contacts you? I’m in a pickle where the email address I used may not be accessible in the coming weeks. I took it as work email since it was next to the business information…of all times I may be switching companies. Hoping they are using phone or mail to send these court dates out.

12 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

I am getting close to 20 days since submission and my app is nowhere near getting to the court.. Bergen County sucks balls.

4 minutes ago, CJack said:

I am getting close to 20 days since submission and my app is nowhere near getting to the court.. Bergen County sucks balls.

Not busting balls. If they don’t approve or deny you in 60 days you will get it in the courts. Lawyers will take that case all day! 40 days to go brother! I hope you get it!  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1