CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

1 hour ago, galapoola said:

It's going to be a judge in the Criminal Division, go search on your county's Superior Court. May take a phone call or two.

^^^ This. Call your Superior Court main line and tell them you are inquiring about your Handgun Carry  Permit Application.  They will either give you info and/or forward the call.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, Jim Jones said:

I will tell this forum the minute I am approved or denied by the superior court. We should al be working together on this.

An update from Middlesex County!

My references were contacted this week for verification. My application appears to be progressing. As Jim said, we should be helping each other out with updates. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, marlintag said:

An update from Middlesex County!

My references were contacted this week for verification. My application appears to be progressing. As Jim said, we should be helping each other out with updates. 

My 3 got their letters 2 days after I handed papers in. All 3 have sent back in already. This was from Woodbridge.

• Like 2

My buddy lives in Hunterdon County. He dropped off his paperwork and was printed on Wednesday. All of his references were called today. They are also sending his references paperwork confirming the info they already stated over the phone. They are moving quick, but mailing the references to them is awful and will take forever!

5 hours ago, JibbaJabba said:

Packet submitted 7/13, prints 7/16, and nothing but crickets since. I’ll be sure to let everyone know if/when I hear anything.

Similar dates on this end.  No activity detected.  References have not been contacted.   

3 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

My buddy lives in Hunterdon County. He dropped off his paperwork and was printed on Wednesday. All of his references were called today. They are also sending his references paperwork confirming the info they already stated over the phone. They are moving quick, but mailing the references to them is awful and will take forever!

What? Really? it seems everyone is having different experiences here. 

1. References not contacted but, application moved beyond PD to local court.

2. References called and were sent letters.

3. References called to confirm only.

There is no logic or uniformity here, PD's are doing whatever floats their boat. I think calling and sending letters to references is idiotic!!! Do one, but don't do both!!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, marlintag said:

What? Really? it seems everyone is having different experiences here. 

1. References not contacted but, application moved beyond PD to local court.

2. References called and were sent letters.

3. References called to confirm only.

There is no logic or uniformity here, PD's are doing whatever floats their boat. I think calling and sending letters to references is idiotic!!! Do one, but don't do both!!

There's been no prime directive by the State A.G. yet.  My bet is that "they" are trying to create more hurdles and throw more bullshit on top of what currently exists.  Why?  I don't know.  Criminals are gonna criminal no matter what the laws say.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

According to what I read on another forum, the only NJ county giving out CCWs so far is Passaic!

I don’t doubt it. Bergen County isn’t even entertaining it. I reported to strikeforce@ ANJRPC and they said  “they are aware and on it.” 

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

According to what I read on another forum, the only NJ county giving out CCWs so far is Passaic!

That makes sense. I haven’t heard anyone get it other than Passaic!  That judge is awesome!  This is serious bullshit though! I hope they get going ASAP!  I want to look like Yosemite Sam! 2 Colt Pythons!

it’s Crazy that Jersey allows open carry! I would never do it, but I can’t believe once we get this we actually can.

• Haha 1

Question to those that did their fingerprinting at IdentoGO in Staten Island (Arthur Kill Rd).

I received an email from IdentoGO showing the amount paid and that the enrollment was received. The email then provides a link to check the status.

Has anyone checked their status and received something else other than

”Enrollment received and being processed”?

Just curious because it’s already been 1 week since being fingerprinted.

22 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

That makes sense. I haven’t heard anyone get it other than Passaic!  That judge is awesome!  This is serious bullshit though! I hope they get going ASAP!  I want to look like Yosemite Sam! 2 Colt Pythons!

it’s Crazy that Jersey allows open carry! I would never do it, but I can’t believe once we get this we actually can.

Jersey also no restrictions on open carry of long guns (unloaded ofcourse, nj style).  Did you ever see anyone do it ? Or even show up as club / protest together ? nope.

19 hours ago, galapoola said:

Mine has looked like this since day one

identogo.JPG

I spoke with identigi on the phone. She told me that it will always say enrollment received. But, she was able to see that it was sent to the police department about 6 days after I applied. She told me specifically that it won't change ever... so if you want confirmation just call them and they can let you know. Hope this helps. 

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I spoke with identigi on the phone. She told me that it will always say enrollment received. But, she was able to see that it was sent to the police department about 6 days after I applied. She told me specifically that it won't change ever... so if you want confirmation just call them and they can let you know. Hope this helps. 

Depends who you get on the phone. The one I got a few weeks back was, let’s say, less than helpful. 

the other thing to remember to check is the status of your money order. Mine unfortunately still hasn’t been cashed. Hopefully this week. 

This forum is a perfect indicator of the complete halt in application approvals. We were all posting updates every 3 seconds when things were moving and now that it is in the courts we are at a complete stand still. Crazy.  Fingers crossed the 60 day rule is followed because I am at day 26/60 so almost at 60 days.

1 minute ago, Jim Jones said:

This forum is a perfect indicator of the complete halt in application approvals. We were all posting updates every 3 seconds when things were moving and now that it is in the courts we are at a complete stand still. Crazy.  Fingers crossed the 60 day rule is followed because I am at day 26/60 so almost at 60 days.

Realistically we are atleast looking at 60 days (local PD) + 14 days (prosecutor) + 30 days (court) + whatever temper tantrums along the way = 3.5 months at the least. Some of us applied around Jul first week - so we are looking at mid to late October if they play just enough shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1